LE 9.2.8 and non persisting display video calibration

• i havent had to deal with this issue in a verry long time as i after so long my last remaining CRT finally kicked the bucket, and generally any 480i/p content i watched in a window on my desktop/laptop. i hadnt been here since mid /late 2019 and that was when 5schatten's RetroReborn builds were the best ones to be using w/ a Pi 3 /3B+. ( and was a minor persisting bug even then.)

fastforwardingto now i've moved way down south, and roommate's got a big old honker of a CRT in the livingroom we want to make use out of. my Pi 3B+ has been collecting dust since 2019, looked to see LE 10+ 's new Graphics Driver does not support Composite out, so i grabbed the last build up on the old builds for 2/3 grabbed, plex addon, and realised holy F** does this old tv have one hell of a bad overscan problem. (about the length of your thumb, enough that it starts cliping the ever so bits of the gear pixels for settings.)

after adjusting for this horrible overscan, i save, notice i got no sound ( because its defaulting to the pi's HDMI,) i set to analog and reboot. and to my surprise like old builds, like with the last builds back then i had used with 5schatten, theres that annoying bug where overscan adjustments are not saved.

was there ever a workaround/fix found besides just migrating to LE10? and has 5schatten continued thier builds much since 2019 for the Pi4 and or the pi400?