LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Yes since steven selph's scraper uses a deprecated API I had to find an alternative. Check out this site usecase.md to get a basic understanding how it works it's not polished but I was able to scrape games & videos.

It did not find all games by using screenscraper though UXS was able to scrape them... while both used screenscraper but you can use thegamesdb or other provider too to get a fully scraped rom set. You should have a look at the docs first skyscraper/docs at master · muldjord/skyscraper · GitHub and for example adjust lang & region according to your needs. Skyscraper is really powerful and lets you adjust everything to your needs so read the documentation. But my config should provide a working base, while you should register SCREENSCRAPER - Base de données et téléchargement médias pour front-end gaming multi-systèmes and enter your username & password in the config file.

But beside that the scraper in ES is functional again and works with screescraper and gamesdb too while it lacks the video feature. So feel free to play around and see what suits your needs.

It's not a bug it's a feature. Or at least you've not enabled it. Dolphin stutters because mesa (=OpenGL/Vulkan driver) rebuilds the shader cache after each mesa update. This also happens if Dolphin got updates that touch the rendering API. Shaders are the small programs your GPU runs to render effects and stuff. If the way they were handles changed they have to be updated so recompiled. To avoid recompilation of an existing shader mesa introduced a shader cache which speeds things up. Read this to learn more about it Dolphin Emulator - Ubershaders: A Ridiculous Solution to an Impossible Problem

If you can deal with some pre generation time to avoid stuttering enable this & set the backend to Vulkan if possible. Then Dolphin compiles the shaders before the games starts if needed. Vulkan gets you a nice status bar while OpenGL showed a black screen in the past. Just get a coffee or a beer or whatever and let it do it's job, once it finished the game starts.

So i tried skyscrapers to scrape al my n64 games with videosnapes and it scrape al my games.

It’s works really fast and it’s easy to use if you setup your config properly.

Thanks!

• Hi there,

first I want to say "Great ROM" seems to have included everything I need.

BUT

As I'm new to the retrogaming "thing" I've some questions regarding how the components work.

I tried several things in the last few days on "Full" Debian System with retropie. That seemed straight forward and worked. But I want an all in one solution like this rom.

Anyhow.

How are the emulators and Frontends related to each other ?

My understanding is that ES (or Pegasus) are additional Frontends to Retroarch/Dolphin et cetera).

I'm asking because I have some issues and don't know how to solve them.

How to load add. cores ? ( From the addon Repo as Retroarch doesn't allow it ?)

How to configure the standalone Emulators like Dolphin ? (only via config file ?)

--> At least for Dolphin you can get to the menu after starting a game. Is there a way to start the Standalone Emulators also in standalone mode to configure them ?

Similar question PPSSPP ... I managed to get into the menu but the emulator just uses only a quarter of my display even that I enabled fullscreen in the menu.

How is the Controller handled ?

I configured it in Kodi itself, retroarch and ES and it worked for navigation within these programs but not in any emulator.

I can't see what is happening in the logs. --> Failure was that I didn' set it as Retropad in Retroarch

How are new roms detected ?

For example even if there are Zip's in "psp" or PBP in "psx" they are not detected in ES or Pegasus. Are there any restrictions ?

But it worked for "Zip" in SNES or "ISO" in Gamecube Folders.

--> Changing fileextension did the job. E.g. Uppercase/Lowercase for psc and Zip vs. Iso for psp

Please tell what further informations are needed to put me in the right direction !

THX

Edited 3 times, last by batesman (February 15, 2019 at 4:08 PM).

• share your config?

Sure..

In putty/terminal:

Code
    Skyscraper -p n64 -s screenscraper

and after that for creating your gamelist.xml

Code
    Skyscraper -p n64
  • Sure..

In putty/terminal:

Code
    Skyscraper -p n64 -s screenscraper

and after that for creating your gamelist.xml

Code
    Skyscraper -p n64

Well basically it should work out-of-the box. If you change this gamelistFolder="/storage/.config/emulationstation/gamelists/" your gamelists will be stored at the config dir instead of the rom dirs but that's afaik just a matter of personal preference.

• Well basically it should work out-of-the box. If you change this gamelistFolder="/storage/.config/emulationstation/gamelists/" your gamelists will be stored at the config dir instead of the rom dirs but that's afaik just a matter of personal preference.

Yeah i know but i scraped before in ES.

If scraping in ES the gamelis.xml will be in that location.

Because all my gamelist already where there and scrape my n64 games later i decide to put my gameslist.xml in that location. Otherwise i had to redo my wii gamelist manually again cause screenscraper has not many videosnaps for wii./shrug

If i make a backup in LE settings will all my emulator settings and all my roms/games be backup too?

• 5schatten,

Is there some issue with your update channel?

I have setup kodi in the way you describe but can only see official releases in the channel version dropdown?

Also I cannot find any of the 9.1 / 907 images in your gdrive are they up yet?

Or an i losing my marbles.....

• Is your config correct? it's http://5schatten.libreelec.tv/builds/ and once you've entered the url it pulls the data when you chose the channel. :/

As I said I'm probably not going to upload the files twice so on GDrive I'll store the images & updates on the LE server.

• The update channel works, thanks for that 5schatten

Right now there are two releases listed. But it's not possible to see from the names which one is newer. Maybe it's the first one in the list?

Yeah well I probably switch to YYYYMMDD format ... it's because I've uploaded new builds with updated kernel & mesa stuff. 3baa598 is the newer one but normally I wouldn't ship several builds per week & storage is somewhat limited on the LE server too so I won't keep dozens of versions online at the same time.

• Emulationstation and Pegasus are just frontends that start either libretro cores or standalone emulators. Pegasus uses the Emulationstation gamelists files too. Retroarch is a frontend and framework for libretro cores.

Once Lakka 3.0 is released you probably can use libretro cores at your will but since it's build system is outdated the cores delivered by the build bot probably won't work correctly. You can't add standalone cores right now without deeper knowledge of the system.

The main question would be what kind of additional cores do you need since basically all importante emulators that work fine are shipped with my builds.

All standalone Emulators can be configured via gui by exiting the emulation while all libretro cores can be configured via Retroarch.

About PPSSPP there should be some option for editing the screen layout. I guess it's an bug if you use a 4K screen.

Anyway this is a support thread to basically make things work. For additional configuration refer to the documentation of each core or check out the dedicated forums.

• About the mupen64plus-libretro crash I tried to get to the bottom of a matter. Luckily I got my hands on a bunch of x220 Thinkpads ready for scrapyard but still suitable as testing devices.

My guess is that the emulator fails on devices that don't support OpenGL 4.x since I ended up with a crash on the Thinkpads too. I tried to make the devs aware of the problem but see yourself brw_memory_barrier: Assertion `devinfo->gen >= 7 && devinfo->gen <= 11' failed. · Issue #96 · libretro/mupen64plus-libretro · GitHub IMHO they have no real intention to fix it, don't even bother to read logs and it's easier to blame the user system.

I'm not a programmer but If you have a look at the source of code mesa external-mesa/brw_program.c at master · intel/external-mesa · GitHub then you'll recognize that the graphic plugin tries to use OpenGL features that rely on OpenGL 4.x glmemorybarrier.xhtml so it won't work on systems that don't support that.

Fun fact 1: OpenGLES 2.0 (2007) doesn't have all features of OpenGL 3.3 (2010) but the emulator runs fine on ARM devices that only have OpenGLES 2.0 support.

Fun fact 2: Mupen64plus+GLideN64 / parallel-n64 works without problems on this OpenGL 3.3 device too.

Fun fact 3: The new mupen64plus-libretro-nx still crashs.

So all in all it's out of my hand to solve this problem and you either have to chose another core to runs those games or convince the devs to look into problems they have created.

• Hello all - excited to get this built and running, but am running into a few errors I just can't seem to shake.

Specifically, my attempts to compile (on a Linux Mint VM, fully updated) all fail in the following error:

Thoughts? Fixes? I have noticed, in my Googling, that ccache has been updated to address the error (invalid option -D) - but I get the sense that's not the problem...

Thank you for your patience in advance - my knowledge is definitely limited when it comes to compiling, and I'm admittedly unsure of where to find the log files.