LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Hey Thanks, I was trying to upgrade from vanilla libeelec. clean install worked fantastic. Any guides on how to get the N64 emulator to work? I transferred the rom and it finds it no problem, scrapes no problem but when i try to run it the screen goes black for a second and then goes back to emulation station.

• Hey Thanks, I was trying to upgrade from vanilla libeelec. clean install worked fantastic. Any guides on how to get the N64 emulator to work? I transferred the rom and it finds it no problem, scrapes no problem but when i try to run it the screen goes black for a second and then goes back to emulation station.

Logfiles

Did you try this?

Configuration:

Edit es_systems.cfg and replace <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.so %ROM%</command> with either <command>/usr/bin/m64p-cli.start %ROM%</command> or <command>/usr/bin/m64p.start %ROM%</command> to start Mupen64plus with with cli or QT5 GUI.

• Marciano

It makes no sense to speculate while logs are missing. The Mupen64plus libretro core is basically a "fire & forget" core and should run out of the box on all systems. It doesn't need any configuration or bios files. If it crashs then either Retroarch itself has problems or something is really screwed. /shrug

• Well that worked for me when i tried the first time N64 emulator.

I had the same issue when i tried the first time N64 so i edited the es_systems.cfg and then it works.

Just trying to help./shrug

• Well that worked for me when i tried the first time N64 emulator.

I had the same issue when i tried the first time N64 so i edited the es_systems.cfg and then it works.

Just trying to help./shrug

If you edit es_systems.cfg you switch from a libretro core to mupen64plus standalone -> that's a different kettle of fish. Anyway I'm more interested in solving the problem than just suggesting to use another emulator ;)

• 5schatten is ther any chance to pull the chrome config file?

Chrome is crashing when hiting the sync now button when i try to login with my google account.

So chrome is crashing all the time now and unable to start properly anymore.

And is there a shortcut key to exit spotify?

Thanks!

• 5schatten is ther any chance to pull the chrome config file?

Chrome is crashing when hiting the sync now button when i try to login with my google account.

So chrome is crashing all the time now and unable to start properly anymore.

And is there a shortcut key to exit spotify?

Thanks!

Check the google-chrome directory in configlfiles it should contain the config stuff. If in doubt then delete the whole dir and & reapply an update to recover the base files.

Alt+Exit quits Sportify -> otherwise I have no clue... the program even lags a proper quit button in it's menus.

• Hello colleagues.

Is there a ready-made Kodi image with uploaded repositories and all add-ons like: movies, music, weather, IPTV, netflix, subtitles and other necessary to view videos somewhere? If someone has such a ready image to be able to upload eg. For a micro SD 16 GB or 32 GB card, please send me a link.

I will use the mentioned program on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +.

• Check the google-chrome directory in configlfiles it should contain the config stuff. If in doubt then delete the whole dir and & reapply an update to recover the base files.

Alt+Exit quits Sportify -> otherwise I have no clue... the program even lags a proper quit button in it's menus.

Thanks will try that

• Hello colleagues.

Is there a ready-made Kodi image with uploaded repositories and all add-ons like: movies, music, weather, IPTV, netflix, subtitles and other necessary to view videos somewhere? If someone has such a ready image to be able to upload eg. For a micro SD 16 GB or 32 GB card, please send me a link.

I will use the mentioned program on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +.

How about no? Feel free to grab and use any image you like but you won't get support for any shady addon. Every LE 9.x image comes with Kodi 18.x so you're able to install netflix or other VOD addons. Everything else is standard stuff you need to setuo yourself. Kodi can download and provide subtitles automatically if needed but again it's something you have to enable by yourself.

• 5schatten thank you for the latest build it's working great.

I see in /storage/.config a skyscraper folder.

Does that mean i can use this scraper also in putty/terminal?

If so how to use this scraper.

I can see in the config.ini it is able to scrape videosnaps?

I noticed after updating your builds to a newer builds dolphin is stuttering.

After a couple of times trying if finally runs at full speed.

I did not touch any settings or so.

But it occurs only after updating the builds./shrug

Did you noticed this?

Just want to let you know....

Thanks!

• 5schatten thank you for the latest build it's working great.

I see in /storage/.config a skyscraper folder.

Does that mean i can use this scraper also in putty/terminal?

If so how to use this scraper.

I can see in the config.ini it is able to scrape videosnaps?

Yes since steven selph's scraper uses a deprecated API I had to find an alternative. Check out this site usecase.md to get a basic understanding how it works it's not polished but I was able to scrape games & videos.

It did not find all games by using screenscraper though UXS was able to scrape them... while both used screenscraper but you can use thegamesdb or other provider too to get a fully scraped rom set. You should have a look at the docs first skyscraper/docs at master · muldjord/skyscraper · GitHub and for example adjust lang & region according to your needs. Skyscraper is really powerful and lets you adjust everything to your needs so read the documentation. But my config should provide a working base, while you should register SCREENSCRAPER - Base de données et téléchargement médias pour front-end gaming multi-systèmes and enter your username & password in the config file.

But beside that the scraper in ES is functional again and works with screescraper and gamesdb too while it lacks the video feature. So feel free to play around and see what suits your needs.

It's not a bug it's a feature. Or at least you've not enabled it. Dolphin stutters because mesa (=OpenGL/Vulkan driver) rebuilds the shader cache after each mesa update. This also happens if Dolphin got updates that touch the rendering API. Shaders are the small programs your GPU runs to render effects and stuff. If the way they were handles changed they have to be updated so recompiled. To avoid recompilation of an existing shader mesa introduced a shader cache which speeds things up. Read this to learn more about it Dolphin Emulator - Ubershaders: A Ridiculous Solution to an Impossible Problem

If you can deal with some pre generation time to avoid stuttering enable this & set the backend to Vulkan if possible. Then Dolphin compiles the shaders before the games starts if needed. Vulkan gets you a nice status bar while OpenGL showed a black screen in the past. Just get a coffee or a beer or whatever and let it do it's job, once it finished the game starts.

• Yes since steven selph's scraper uses a deprecated API I had to find an alternative. Check out this site usecase.md to get a basic understanding how it works it's not polished but I was able to scrape games & videos.

It did not find all games by using screenscraper though UXS was able to scrape them... while both used screenscraper but you can use thegamesdb or other provider too to get a fully scraped rom set. You should have a look at the docs first skyscraper/docs at master · muldjord/skyscraper · GitHub and for example adjust lang & region according to your needs. Skyscraper is really powerful and lets you adjust everything to your needs so read the documentation. But my config should provide a working base, while you should register SCREENSCRAPER - Base de données et téléchargement médias pour front-end gaming multi-systèmes and enter your username & password in the config file.

But beside that the scraper in ES is functional again and works with screescraper and gamesdb too while it lacks the video feature. So feel free to play around and see what suits your needs.

Thank you very much this is very useful.

I'll set this up when i have some more time.

It's not a bug it's a feature. Or at least you've not enabled it. Dolphin stutters because mesa (=OpenGL/Vulkan driver) rebuilds the shader cache after each mesa update. This also happens if Dolphin got updates that touch the rendering API. Shaders are the small programs your GPU runs to render effects and stuff. If the way they were handles changed they have to be updated so recompiled. To avoid recompilation of an existing shader mesa introduced a shader cache which speeds things up. Read this to learn more about it Dolphin Emulator - Ubershaders: A Ridiculous Solution to an Impossible Problem

If you can deal with some pre generation time to avoid stuttering enable this & set the backend to Vulkan if possible. Then Dolphin compiles the shaders before the games starts if needed. Vulkan gets you a nice status bar while OpenGL showed a black screen in the past. Just get a coffee or a beer or whatever and let it do it's job, once it finished the game starts.

That's explains a lot thanks!

• Marciano  bigboo  fastpop72  TicklePickle
    About the audio setup I've seen awiouy created a PR to add some useful audio tools Refesh audio addons by awiouy · Pull Request #3310 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub which should allow a graphical setup of your audio output for third party software. Once it is ready to merge I have to see if I can add it straight to my build.

That’s great news thanks!

How to use this does it comes with an addon that we have to install?

• That’s great news thanks!

How to use this does it comes with an addon that we have to install?

There should be an addon in the future where you have to set your audio output device and if it works this one should be used for alsa and pulseaudio which should resolve all the audio problems. /shrug

• There should be an addon in the future where you have to set your audio output device and if it works this one should be used for alsa and pulseaudio which should resolve all the audio problems. /shrug

Lets hope so.

So we’ll have to wait when the addon is avaible?