Posts by batesman

Hi,

I was expecting some kind of answer telling me to RTFM (OK in more polite words).

But some things are related to this distro/recompilation which are not self explanatory (at least not for newbies).

Most of the things I figured out myself. But for example that you have to DISABLE Fullscreen fpr the PPSSPP Emulator to get Fullscreen was just luck to find out.

However I'm not asking for additional Emus I just wanted to know how they have to be installed (mainly the cores for Retroarch) as it seems that you can't download them in the app itself. Or that you can't start some of the Emulators with a gui (like Dolphin) to do the configuration. You first have to "run" a game and then to pause/exit them. I don't think thats a obvious procedure.

Anyway I'm now lucky with it.

Hi there,

first I want to say "Great ROM" seems to have included everything I need.

BUT

As I'm new to the retrogaming "thing" I've some questions regarding how the components work.

I tried several things in the last few days on "Full" Debian System with retropie. That seemed straight forward and worked. But I want an all in one solution like this rom.

Anyhow.

How are the emulators and Frontends related to each other ?

My understanding is that ES (or Pegasus) are additional Frontends to Retroarch/Dolphin et cetera).

I'm asking because I have some issues and don't know how to solve them.

How to load add. cores ? ( From the addon Repo as Retroarch doesn't allow it ?)

How to configure the standalone Emulators like Dolphin ? (only via config file ?)

--> At least for Dolphin you can get to the menu after starting a game. Is there a way to start the Standalone Emulators also in standalone mode to configure them ?

Similar question PPSSPP ... I managed to get into the menu but the emulator just uses only a quarter of my display even that I enabled fullscreen in the menu.

How is the Controller handled ?

I configured it in Kodi itself, retroarch and ES and it worked for navigation within these programs but not in any emulator.

I can't see what is happening in the logs. --> Failure was that I didn' set it as Retropad in Retroarch

How are new roms detected ?

For example even if there are Zip's in "psp" or PBP in "psx" they are not detected in ES or Pegasus. Are there any restrictions ?

But it worked for "Zip" in SNES or "ISO" in Gamecube Folders.

--> Changing fileextension did the job. E.g. Uppercase/Lowercase for psc and Zip vs. Iso for psp

Please tell what further informations are needed to put me in the right direction !

THX

OK OK.
    You where right about your "udev.rules"
    I didn't check whats in that file. And with that "autostart.sh" provided by the manufacturer it didn't work because it seems to overwrite your stuff.
    I now deactivated the my running udev rule (what only mapped the device) and the modified "autostart.sh".
    With your one its running now. You still need, of course, an according lircd.conf.
    So I think its usable.

BTW: Why isn't it included by default ?

THX

Hi there,

thanks for your efforts.
    But it's running now.
    Problem was that the manufacturer of the atric device made a manual for OpenElec and attached some files to use. That included a modified lircd and its

Code
    "libirman.so.0".
    When you look at the autostart.sh above it tries to start that modified lircd in "/storage/.config". If you remove that part of the autostart.sh and use the Openelec/Librelec builtin lircd everything is fine (at least for now).

Please just do what I told you to do. Don't use anything from that zip file you posted. Remove anything that you added from that zip file.

Only then can I answer more questions.

Ok then.
    I did a fresh and clean install.
    The only things I can see now are the following.

the relevant part of dmesg

Code
    BlackBox:~ # dmesg | grep acm
    [   10.073477] cdc_acm 1-9:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
    [   10.074356] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
    [   10.074357] cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

lsusb

Code
    BlackBox:~ # lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    [color=#FF0000]Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04d8:f844 Microchip Technology, Inc.[/color]
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1b1c:1a90 Corsair Flash Voyager GT
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1267:0210 Logic3 / SpectraVideo plc LG Optical Mouse 3D-310
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 20b1:000a XMOS Ltd
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Due that there is currently no udev.rule only "ttyACM0" exists

Code
    BlackBox:~ # ls /dev/tty
    tty      tty14    tty20    tty27    tty33    tty4     tty46    tty52    tty59    tty8
    tty0     tty15    tty21    tty28    tty34    tty40    tty47    tty53    tty6     tty9
    tty1     tty16    tty22    tty29    tty35    tty41    tty48    tty54    tty60    [color=#FF0000]ttyACM0[/color]
    tty10    tty17    tty23    tty3     tty36    tty42    tty49    tty55    tty61    ttyS0
    tty11    tty18    tty24    tty30    tty37    tty43    tty5     tty56    tty62    ttyS1
    tty12    tty19    tty25    tty31    tty38    tty44    tty50    tty57    tty63    ttyS2
    tty13    tty2     tty26    tty32    tty39    tty45    tty51    tty58    tty7     ttyS3

A working lircd.conf is placed in "/storage/.config/"

What to do now ?
    How to I manage Libreelec/lirc to use libirman ?
    How do I tell Libreelec to use the "ttyACM0" interface ?

Maybe I'm getting closer.
    In the Howto there is a "autostart.sh" file to put in "/storage/.config/".
    I did this but libreelec seems to ignore it and lirc is already started from somewhere else. I did not recognize it before because "ps ax | grep lirc" gave me a pretty similar line to what is written in the "autostart.sh".
    But the main difference is that it doesn't use "irman"

Here's autostart.sh to use from the howto

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    killall -9 eventlircd
    killall -9 lircd
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/storage/.config
    RUN_DIR=/var/run/lirc
    if [ ! -d "$RUN_DIR" ]; then
      RUN_DIR=/run/lirc
    fi
    /storage/.config/lircd --driver=irman --device=/dev/ttyatric --uinput --output=$RUN_DIR/lircd --pidfile=$RUN_DIR/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf
    eventlircd --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=$RUN_DIR/lircd --repeat-filter --release=_UP

and thats what "ps ax | grep lirc" gives me

Code
    BlackBox:~ # ps ax | grep lirc
      652 root       0:00 eventlircd --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --repeat-filter --release=_UP
      660 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      665 root       0:13 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      719 root       0:00 grep lirc

I know I should have seen this before ;(

But here#s the question: How can I change the startup command for lirc/eventlircd ?

Any advices ?

is a Iirc driver not a kernel module.

Just because lsusb shows the device doesn't mean that udev is working.

Did you do what I told you to do?

Ok. What do you need? "Pastebinit" doesn't work here. I'm sure the udev rule is OK. Like I said mapping to "/dev/ttyatric/" is working like described. What should I "grep" "dmesg" for ?I can't see anything.

Hi,

the config files should be OK as I used them with kodibuntu.
    Udev seem to work as you see with lsusb

And it is mapped to "/dev/ttyatric" as described in the manual.
    I have the suspicion that the kernelmodule of libirman seems to be the problem as I can't see anything via lsmod and there exists no inputdevice for it.
    Also when I try to load the modul via "insmod" I get the message

Code
    insmod: ERROR: could not insert module libirman.so.0: Invalid module format

I get to the conclusion that I need a recent libirman module.

Hi there,

as I'm new to Libreelec I'm starting right away with questions for support ;)
    I installed this receiver some weeks ago under Kodibuntu. So HW installtion should be OK.
    But I can't get it running under Libreelec.
    I tried according to this manual (see below), but it's not working.
    OpenELEC_Konfiguration.zip
    Lirc was always a closed book to me.
    So ... anyone who could point me in the right direction ?

THX