Geniatech Mygica HDStar DVB-S2 USB HD not working

• please from stable 5,3 kernel ubuntu 19.10 (or latest 18.04.xx LTS with hwe kernel 5.3 now).

P.S. 5,5 kernel support some buggy with current media_build

here it is (ubuntu 19.10 5.3.0 kernel)

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thank you,

sdf

• Tried new Milhouse builds, but seems that "crazycat tbs drivers" are from "linux-tbs-drivers" repository and not from "media_build" one.

So in Libreleelec we have three drivers to choose from: normal, media_build (not Crazycat's) and Crazycat tbs.

Unfortunately neither of them has support for our hdstar v3.

There's no possibility to include Crazycat media_build in future releases?

Thank you,

sdf

• Crazycat,

just to say that with your media_build latest version had a compile error against kernel 5.5.8

normal media_build (linuxtv.org) compiles normally

will try with 5.6 rc

thank you,

sdf

• Forgot compile log, sorry

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• likely its the same that does not build with latest kernels, he wanted to push a fix for it soon so it should be doable soon :)

this patchset have only one "Warrning" when compile media_build from linuxtv and works

Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder/patches/mainline-extra/tip/80.montage.3103b at master · b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder · GitHub try this, if 3103b devices included works with upstream media_build you can create additional pack for testing dvb drivers something like "media_build from upstram + occasional patches"

• Compiled last crazycat's media_build over kernel 5.3.0-42-generic in Ubuntu 18.04.

My HDStar still fails:

... I'm probably doing something wrong.

Installation steps that I've followed:

git clone Bitbucket

cd media_build

make distclean

make

sudo make install

• OK, it is working now. But I have my dmesg log flooded by:

• For me compile error with latest 5.5.11 kernel

Same error with linuxtv media_build

Thank you

sdf

• OK, it is working now.

Hi Meiden. Are you using a Rpi?

Would be good to know if anyone has the HD Star v3 or equivalent working on RPi and if so what they are using to give me something to persist with? I've lost countless hours now and all I've got to show for it is a bit more familiarity with the command line.