Posts by Booza

Would like to know if all the others with hdstar have the same problems

sdf

I've got the same problems spf. I had it working in LibreELEC 8 with Crazy Cat but without being able to view most HD channels and was able to live with that. This weekend I foolishly updated to LibreELEC 9 without thinking and now my HD Star v3 is not working.

Was hoping to pop on here to see some positive developments on the issues but it appears to be getting worse. Will have to revert back to 8 or maybe try an install on raspbian.

I purchased the device as it was supposed to be compatible. Sods law they release a non compatable variant just as I was in the process of buying ;(

Thanks for the replies.

Can you access any of the ITV HD channels?

No, I can't view ITV HD. Would love to implement your fix but not sure how I can go about it on Libreelec!?

also pls try the dvb-latest driver, they have a different version of that driver included, maybe this works better :)

Okay. How would I go about this? I've tried switching the drivers in Libreelec to the "latest" but that results in the device not showing up at all in TVH. I've also tried the alpha release of LE 9.2 but same story.

with ts_clk=16000 and target_mclk = 144000 copied from m88rs6000.c values

more channels shows up and running good but not perfect still some channels are not stable

Is it possible to make these changes in LE?

I'm trying to get my new Geniatech HDStar working. It was purchased from the MyGica official Alibaba store so I presume it's "HDStar V3.0 with m88ds3103b demod" (not sure i entirely understand what that means).

So i first tried to install TVHeadend to Raspbian Lite and then update Kernel to Crazy Cats Media Build but couldn't see the device in TVHeadend, gave-up and tried LE as it's a lot more straightforward for TVH.

I'm now running LE and have activated Crazy Cats DVB-S drivers (even though it states they are for TBS). The HDStar showed up and scanned for channels fine. Only problem is that I can't watch certain BBC HD Channels as it produces continuity errors. I presume this is a driver problem from the research I've been doing.

I was considering trying to apply CvH's patch on page 4 but bit confused about how to do so and not sure it's the right course of action.

Can anyone provide any advice as to if i can fix the problems and if so how?

I've copied my dmseg to pastebin if that helps...

dmesg

Thanks in advance

Adding vers=1.0 to the options of cifs mount script solves the issue for me. And min and max version for samba is selected as smb1 at LE settings>services.

Code
    Options=username=user,password=pass,rw,vers=1.0

Thanks very much for posting this.

I was having a problem when recording with the recording stopping when it reached a size of 2GB. I was recording to a network windows share (mounted by cifs or nfs) and i'd get a "message write failed - file too large" when it reached 2148mb which would be around 30 minutes for a HD recording. This didn't make sense as it was writing to NTFS.

Simply changing the version as you described sorted it for me.