[S812] Build for Acemax M8S M8S+

• Any of you have wifi or bluetooth problems with your S812?

Since I flashed LibreElec 7.0.2 no Wifi connections appear at all

Very frustrating as everything else works great even bluetooth

• hm... cant speak about the M8S+ as i strickly use the M8S but i will say for me to totally solve the power on/off funtions it was more then using the normal M8S remote.conf file... i had to solve it in the build and edit the amlogic drivers in the linux kernel prior to building the firmware... wifi/bluetooth issues should be solveable with patches to the m8m2_n200_2g.dtd and compiling with the proper drivers in the linux sources...

i think part of the problem lies in theres so many hacked up versions of the linux sources regarding trying to keep folding in the more current amlogic drivers to the linux source trees that it gets confusing at times... over the years ive seen so many subtle dif's between the various kernel souces i long ago gave up and just concentrated on createing a source tree that worked with what hardware i was using and never bothered trying to keep up with the newer amlogic trees and incorporating them... really in truth unless your working with newer hardware thats not got proper drivers in the linux source tree then its worth the effort but i found once i had a working tree for the hardware i stopped trying to incorporate the newer amlogic crap and just concentrated on fixing the things i needed...

its to bad Amlogic is not more forth right in making their Linux sources more accessable, cause trying to get anything from them is a waste of time... i had to source all my docs and software via the internet and underground sites which is kinda a shame for anyone trying to learn...

• YA makes no sense to me that I can't get wifi; OpenElec has wifi and bluetooth working on my M8S+ but LibreElec does not when I updated to 7.0.2

any suggestions? what can I do to solve this? Never had issues with the remote though.

thank you

• YA makes no sense to me that I can't get wifi; OpenElec has wifi and bluetooth working on my M8S+ but LibreElec does not when I updated to 7.0.2

any suggestions? what can I do to solve this? Never had issues with the remote though.

thank you

Solution : Stay with OpenElec ;)

This version is working perfectly for me :

OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8S-6.95.1.tar
    [hr]
    There is also a LibreElec version LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2.001.tar.

Maybe it fixes some bugs from LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2.tar.

Does anyone knows ?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by psor (September 1, 2016 at 6:28 PM).

• lol

problem is they don't have the stable Kodi 16.1 they have RC3; LibreElec continues support; OpenElec looks like it's stopped

by the way what's the difference between using the .zip file and a .tar file? can someone explain?

thanks guys

• sorry should have clarified... yes i made my own firmware strickly for the eny m8s boxes that i use...

sorry i dont have a git as i didnt have the time to put into learning the finer points of git or source revision stuff... Im a old school Linux guy whos been coding since the slackware days so im used to working with the source tars and just making my edits to them without worrying about revision control... not that im against it just was not something i bothered putting much time into...

originally for Amlogic chips i started by looking at OpenElec and how it worked and used it as a learning point and then created my own toolchain and just develope in Linux... so unfortunately my sources are not setup for git...

right now im still working on a skin for Krypton as my M8S's are moving off 16.1 up to Krypton now that its into beta stages... my intent when i get caught up was to look into maybe creating a M8S and X2 (Eny's S912 box) Project but thats going to take awhile as im short on time and would need to look into all the edits ive done to the Linux sources and create patches for OE or LE source tree... Im also trying to bring my A9's up to the more current 3.14 kernel tree thats being used for the newer A53 driven boxes as well...

so unfortunately none of that is going to solve any or your immediate needs... i just kinda posted as i watch here and OE and noticed some chat about things not working on the M8S+ and was pretty sure its not really different then the M8S other then newer Android OS and thought id comment as i know the M8S box from Eny pretty well..

on another note... i thought the Acemax units all had fully working firmware from Acemax for OE and LE... at least thats what Ken from Acemax/Maxtech was telling me over on Freaktab trying to get me to buy their boxes cause i had said i was intereested in moving away from Eny...

Edited once, last by buzzmarshall (September 2, 2016 at 7:32 PM).

• Hi guys

Can some one please advise if there is a build for S812 Acemax M8S+ where in the device could be shutdown (shutdown properly) using remote control. If yes kindly let me know. Cheers

• Hi guys

Can some one please advise if there is a build for S812 Acemax M8S+ where in the device could be shutdown (shutdown properly) using remote control. If yes kindly let me know. Cheers

Find it here:

MEGA

With this image you can shut it down, but not turn it on again! :)
    You have to re-plug box and then it's working fine till another shutdown.

• Find it here:

MEGA

With this image you can shut it down, but not turn it on again! :)
    You have to re-plug box and then it's working fine till another shutdown.

oh ok thanks for that I have tried this and hopefully wait for next build which would hopefully fix the restart option

Cheers

• A lot of builds and some of them work some of them don't but none of which i tried could handle AAC 5.1 sound.
    Does anybode know if this is going to fixed? of maybe know of a build which in it works?