[RPi2] Freeze during stream

• The problem occurs when streaming from Enigma box. I'm facing this issue since 8.2.4; persists in 8.2.5.

• Running Libreelec 8.2.5 on Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
    • The stream plays for few minutes, then the audio starts glitching and after few moments screen comes black. UI is responsive sometimes so I can exit out, but it's pretty much coinflip (lags out).
    • How to reproduce: Play the stream
    • Using: VU+ / Enigma2 Client
    • Log (pastebin)

Thank you. I'll try to provide more if needed.

• Official Post

the log shows a lot "server" errors, also 3:192.168.1.133 looks suspicious, maybe wrong ip at the settings (I never used the vu+ addon, so could be normal) - do you have some log at the Enigma side that maybe could hint to some problem ?

Code
    ERROR: PVR - GetEPGForChannel - addon '3:192.168.1.133' returned an error: server error
    ERROR: PVR - GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'Prima +1 HD' from client '400091357': server error
    ERROR: EPG - Update - failed to update table 'Prima +1 HD'
    ERROR: PVR - GetEPGForChannel - addon '3:192.168.1.133' returned an error: server error
    ERROR: PVR - GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'TV Barrandov HD' from client '400091357': server error

additional

Code
    NOTICE: CAESinkPi:AddPackets Underrun (delay:0.00 frames:2400)
    ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::GetInputBuffer OMX.broadcom.audio_splitter wait event timeout
    ERROR: CAESinkPi::AddPackets timeout
    ERROR: CActiveAESink::OutputSamples - failed
    ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::GetInputBuffer OMX.broadcom.audio_splitter wait event timeout
    ERROR: CAESinkPi::AddPackets timeout

looks like it get the date too slow or not at all from the vu

• ^

Code
    16:38:23.838 T:1762653088  NOTICE: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Open - VU+ Addon Configuration options
    16:38:23.839 T:1762653088  NOTICE: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Open - Hostname: '192.168.1.133'
    16:38:23.839 T:1762653088  NOTICE: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Open - WebPort: '80'
    16:38:23.839 T:1762653088  NOTICE: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Open - StreamPort: '8001'

Settings seem to be okay. The addon seems to be bugged when it comes to logs, because the EPG loads fine in "Television" tab in Kodi. I'll try to enable logging on Enigma to see what happens.

• I was having your same issue on a raspberry pi 2..

• The stream plays for few minutes, then the audio starts glitching and after few moments screen comes black. UI is responsive sometimes so I can exit out, but it's pretty much coinflip (lags out).

I m not streaming from Enigma box..but streaming from a media-server that we r not allowed to talk about here..so no support for me..I understand that..

For now I resolved it buy staying on 8.2.0.1 which is working perfectly..

• Found some logs from the box (enigma)

Yep, can confirm same exact issue. Last known working version is 8.2.3 for me.

there is no 8.2.0.1 for the RPi so likely that wasn't the same problem

Actually, the 8.2.0.1 was hotfix for RPi devices to fix issues in 8.2.0

• Actually this issue is holding me from buying the Rpi 3b+ as will have to install 8.2.4 or higher and not sure if it will work....

Did you try to go to system settings-resolution and refresh rate and choose something lower then what you are using?

If you'r getting the errors on PVR also try to edit the Pvr settings-playback-fallback framerate..

• I get this on certain radio streams from TVH server on my Pi2. Don't know if its the same underlying issue though.

I am running the latest RPI image, but this problem has persisted over just about all the versions I have tried.

I have switched off visualizations to test if its related to that - but its to early to tell yet.

Shoog

• I get this on certain radio streams from TVH server on my Pi2. Don't know if its the same underlying issue though.

I am running the latest RPI image, but this problem has persisted over just about all the versions I have tried.

I have switched off visualizations to test if its related to that - but its to early to tell yet.

Shoog

Post up log, we can find a match. Maybe.

if you downgrade it works ?

could you try 8.2.4 just to minimize the applied changes to review ?

Yeah, downgrading to 8.2.3 makes the stream running okay. 8.2.4 - 8.2.5 were doing the same issue as #4 described.

• To rule in/rule out the RPi firmware, can someone copy the following firmware files from 8.2.5 to their 8.2.3 installation and see if they start to experience the same issue:

Code
    /flash/bootcode.bin
    /flash/fixup.dat
    /flash/start.elf
  • To rule in/rule out the RPi firmware, can someone copy the following firmware files from 8.2.5 to their 8.2.3 installation and see if they start to experience the same issue:

Code
    /flash/bootcode.bin
    /flash/fixup.dat
    /flash/start.elf

After moving these files to 8.2.3, the issues occur.

Code
    13:45:47.572 T:1913648032   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::GetInputBuffer OMX.broadcom.audio_splitter wait event timeout

full log from 8.2.3

• Official Post

deancan

Code
    13:39:18.029 T:1945626272  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository superrepo.kodi.krypton.repositories
    13:39:18.030 T:1945626272  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.lazyman

Kindly remove all illegal repository/add-on crap from your Kodi setup, before asking for more support on this forum. I'm yet sure about the kodi-czsk repository...

• milhouse

I done it the other way round...moved firmware from previous 8.2 to 8.2.5 and now have a working 8.2.5 it that helps..

Besides black screens was occasionally getting a grey dotted screen with horizontal red lines..never seen it before in other versions...

LibreELECR:~ # vcgencmd version

Oct 24 2017 17:13:32

Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom

version a3d7660e6749e75e2c4ce4d377846abd3b3be283 (clean) (release)

Yep, this version is fine. As a temporary fix seems to be ok.

• Yep, this version is fine. As a temporary fix seems to be ok.

Mine is also giving me that version a3d7660e6749e75e2c4ce4d377846abd3b3be283 and I'm on 8.2.5 but with 8.2.2 firmware...just changed the files millhouse suggested..

Also I m starting to get issues from 8.2.3 but rarely...8.2.4 and 8.2.5 get frequent blackscreens and freezing..Noticed that my pi is also using more memory when idle...on 8.2.2 it'snormally at 30% when not being used...after 8.4 it goes up to 45% when idle..

Need to find some time and provide some logs..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (May 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM).