@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Please check this link for the failed boot pic:

https://m.imgur.com/q8xzgfp

I have an X96mini S905W p281 1/8GB box running CoreELEC 8.95.6 (Leia RC2) internally on eMMC. I tried to run balbes S905 aarch64 19Dec build with dtb.img as gxl_ p281_1g generic and same in uEnv.ini and data_to_emmc_uEnv.ini files.

What I get is start of boot with my custom splash screen from CoreElec S905 aarch64 OS with same dtb.img coming up with the brief LE- balbes log.

Is there a way to get a detailed log?

Edited 2 times, last by shippy (December 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM).

• If you are running an older version of the 3.14 kernel and the newer version is not running, it means that either you are not following the instructions to run the newer versions correctly, or the newer versions of the DTB are not suitable for your model.

Where run LE (SD, USB, eMMC) ?

For Netflix - only arm (not aarch64).

Both the points are possible. The dtb I'm using seems to be the right one. I'll double check the instructions. In the meantime, what kernel is good to run this newer release? Can I check it looking into the android infos of the internal memory ROM?

• ..the Kernel is in the image and has nothing to do with the Kernelversion of your android.. just try a new build (nov/dec '18) and follow the instructions carefully(the procedure is DIFFERENT from that on old kernels!..). Most likely all that will result in an working LE for you...

• ..the Kernel is in the image and has nothing to do with the Kernelversion of your android.. just try a new build (nov/dec '18) and follow the instructions carefully(the procedure is DIFFERENT from that on old kernels!..). Most likely all that will result in an working LE for you...

Ok. I believe the steps are in this thread. I think I'm not doing it wrong, but obviously I'll start from the beginning, again, to try to solve this issue. Thanks!

• I have Odroid C2.

I don't run LE (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181219160651-83ec702.img.gz) from usb flash. Which dtb?

"5. Rename the recorded file dtb to the "dtb.img"

meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb"

What this "meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb" and where he?

And create file boot.ini or u-boot?:

"6. To add to the run settings file u-boot (for SD or eMMC media boot.ini) the second line in this string."

• Maybe you give the official c2-builds a try..if you use these generic s9xx(x/w/d) builds here burn the image onto usb drive or sd card and start with unaltered media, if it doesn't boot, open the disk on pc and change the path to the used dtb-file in the uEnv.ini file on LIBREELEC partition. If unsure which dtb you need, try out-in dtb folder there are a vast of them, most likely one will work for you too.
    I'm not sure if c2 needs a special treatment, but everything needed for boot should be with the build.

• ...you are wrong-it is for general use on usb or sd card..

The install to emmc is done via script in settings on a system while running from other media like card or usb drive

• Ver 20181228 (kernel 4.19)

Ver Khadas_KVIM tested

S905 - Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos (dtb gxbb_wetek_play2)

S905X Khadas VIM1 (dtb gxl_s905x_khadas_vim)

S905W x96mini (dtb s905w_tanix_t3)

Ver Khadas_KVIM2 tested

s912 Khadas VIM2 (dtb gxm_khadas_vim2)

On the S912 version, the interface is not fully ready yet, there are no labels, but video playback works.

Additional information. To use your remote control, you can place the settings file in the directory "/storage/.config/rc_keymaps/" named "remote-ir.conf." By default, the image has several files for several TV box models (by default, the settings file for Khadas VIM\VIM2 is used).

For those who want that, would file for his model immediately included in the composition of the images, you need to give me your version of the configuration file with the model name of the TV box.

• Finally 4.19 !

1. What Leia RC is this?

2. I had a problem booting 19Dec version (see first p18 comment, Thurs 9.27am), so will test it out on my X96mini 1/8GB and the mxqpro+ 2/16GB.

Btw, what dtb do you recommend for the mxqpro+ (BT + dual WiFi, p212 S905X) ?

3. Remote controls for above would be great if not included already! Here is a list:

CoreELEC 9.0.x Remote files - Remote Controllers - CoreELEC Forums

4. I am assuming that the 4.19 will support HDMI 720/1080p.

How about cvbs576?

Edited 3 times, last by shippy (December 29, 2018 at 10:08 AM).

• hi balbes150

i tested your LibreELEC-Khadas_VIM.aarch64-9.1-devel-20181229084111-79c10ab.img kernel 4.x with wetek play2 but is not booting

i coping file boot.ini in storage boot libreelec

i edit name dtb wetek play 2 in file uEnv.ini ( dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxbb-wetek-play2.dtb )

but not booting for me is keep in logo wetek

see log putty

• Check that the file name is correct and its presence. The log shows that the DTB file is not loaded.

reading /dtb/meson-gxbb-wetek-play2.dtb

** Unable to read file /dtb/meson-gxbb-wetek-play2.dtb

After several attempts took off

in folder dtb rename file meson-gxbb-wetek-play2.dtb to meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb

and copy boot.ini to storage boot libreelec

video 4k not work

thanx you balbes150

• Maybe you give the official c2-builds a try..if you use these generic s9xx(x/w/d) builds here burn the image onto usb drive or sd card and start with unaltered media, if it doesn't boot, open the disk on pc and change the path to the used dtb-file in the uEnv.ini file on LIBREELEC partition. If unsure which dtb you need, try out-in dtb folder there are a vast of them, most likely one will work for you too.
    I'm not sure if c2 needs a special treatment, but everything needed for boot should be with the build.

how to run this build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181219160651-83ec702.img.gz

What actions need to be done?

I installing the image through the Libreelec USB-SD creator on the microsd card, in the uEnv.ini file I wrote down each dtb file from the dtb folder. But it gave nothing. I tried to transfer the meson64_odroidc2.dtb file from the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.95.001.img.gz assembly to the dtb folder and also write it in uEnv.ini. Again, no reaction (no download). What am I doing wrong? I have never downloaded this builds. I tried it first with a usb flash drive, but as I understand it, the odroid c2 supplies voltage to the usb ports after booting from microsd / eMMC. So I installed it on microsd.

Who knows how to run this images on odroid?

I can not get from the official builds LЕ on the kernel 3.14 of what I need. Frame omissions (channels dvb-s/s2), not very good responsiveness the interface of the kodi and unstable work under certain actions.

I tried chewitt's builds on the 4 kernel and they worked well - like x86. There were no frame passes for dvb-s / s2 channels. And also the interface was very responsive.

But chevitt no longer releases builds on the 4.xx kernel for odroid c2 . Only for Khadas Vim.

Therefore, I want to understand how to run this builds balbes150's on kernel 3.14, and then try on kernel 4.

Edited once, last by blackride (January 1, 2019 at 5:41 AM).

• Sounds like I need to change the private URL that I use for test images. Thanks for the tip-off :)

I did not download, I was given your builds. Why not check your builds?

I believe that you are not doing the right thing - closing access. Community needs them.