@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• amlogic-boot-fip/gtking at beelink · chewitt/amlogic-boot-fip · GitHub

^ These are the FIP files that I am using, which can be used to sign a mainline u-boot image. I built mainline u-boot using the VIM3 defconfig and the signing recipe from the N2. You can use the same process to write u-boot to eMMC as any other Amlogic device.

Great work by chewitt

I am able to use LibreElec and Manjaro without facing any kernel panic while transferring large files.

I've also flashed Manjaro on emmc of my GT King Pro and it is working quite well.

Currently I am uploaded an alpha image with mainline uboot from the gt king pro itself ;)

Image size is 1.2gb.

Finally we have a solution to get it working on mainline linux atleast.

Next we need to find a better uboot source to fix the Ram detection issue which I see on the current uboot. my hardware is 4gb Ram while it detects only 2Gb in uboot as well as in OS.

• amlogic-boot-fip/gtking at beelink · chewitt/amlogic-boot-fip · GitHub

^ These are the FIP files that I am using, which can be used to sign a mainline u-boot image. I built mainline u-boot using the VIM3 defconfig and the signing recipe from the N2. You can use the same process to write u-boot to eMMC as any other Amlogic device.

Dear chewitt ,

Please forgive me for asking too much questions,

I couldn't find bl33.bin file in your beelink/fip branch, am I missing something or should I build it from u-boot mainline repo?

Thanks again,

• bl33.bin comes from mainline u-boot, see LibreELEC.tv/install at amlogic · chewitt/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

NB: In testing I've been able to boot GT-King Pro using the LE images for N2 and VIM3, the DRAM timings appear to be close enough to work, at least on the device I have. No progress on figuring out why mainline u-boot cannot see 4GB RAM, despite the Beelink devs trying to guide me on changes to the DRAM timings in acs.bin. Since 2GB is more than enough for LE use solving that is not a big priority tho.

• Uuh. I propably should not ask this, but maybe, just maybe there are some nice people,with time on their hands, to help out.

So here goes nothing.

Could some nice person give me a quick recap where we are at this for Mecool M8S Pro+? (Amlogic S905W, 2GB)

I have used libreelec when it was on kodi 17, but things have changed a lot. Yes I know that all the information is in this and other threads, but I would appriciate it hugely, if some one could help me, as sieving trough all the messages and threads would be quite a work. The old threads by kszaq, CvH etc. used to have way more clearer instructions to fallow or maybe I was just younger, smater and more handsome, who knows.

So what image I should download for my HW? (Mecool M8S Pro+ Amlogic S905W, 2GB)

So then I burn the image to sd-card and? With the old images I had to copy the correct .dtb file to the root of sd and all was golden. Now I need to edit the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " and uncomment the correct .dtb file. So I uncomment the same .dtb than I used to copy to the root of the SD? Do they have the same naming as the old ones? What is the correct .dtb for my HW? (Sorry I can't remember, it has been year or two and I don't have the old images etc. anymore.)

So what next? u-boot? From the Yandex link I can only find "le-u-boot-nanopi-m4v2.img". I am assuming this is the wrong u-boot image for my HW and it would potentially severly brake my system. Where I can find correct u-boot image for Mecool M8S Pro+? (Amlogic S905W, 2GB)

So how do I then flash the correct u-boot? USB Burn Tool? Will it then just boot from the SD if it is inserted, or do I have to do the button trick to boot from SD?

Is there any thread, forum, website, etc. where I could easily compare the different media center softwares for my HW? (Not really hopefull with this TBH.)

I apologise if this is too much for this thread and/or out of it's scope. Any help anyone could give, would be very much appriciated!

• Hi.

I have a problem with my Mini M8S II (2 / 16GB - S905X). I wanted to use the newest image (both amlgx and amlgxbb). I recorded the image to SD card, unfortunately there was no aml_autoscript.zip (there was only aml_autoscript) so I created it via winzip. In the extlinux.conf file I set the file "meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb"

Then I put the card into the android box. Then I turned on the device and waited for android to load. Then I chose the "Update & Restore" option. Unfortunately, after the restart, a message appeared, as in the photo below.

Unfortunately, the use of a toothpick or any other means does not help either. Can something be done about this to get LibreElec to run on my device?

• balbes150 Can you fix that?:thumbup:

The most recent images with extension eba do not boot, without boot.

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20201122113016-d174eba-amlgx.img.gz

Previous images that do not use the eba extension work perfectly, boot ok.

LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20201120122659-4a64066-amlgx.img.gz

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dtb
      APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0
  • I'm testing the image with my new Odroid N2+. So far, so good. Most of my audio collection is ok, except for FLAC 5.0 and 3.0 files (all 2.0 and 5.1 files at various resolutions from 44.1kHz to 192kHz are ok). Even my SACD ISOs are mostly working. Very good for a "bleeding edge" build, thanks!

The image I downloaded and configured dated from 12/11/20. I can't see a specific N2 update tar file in the Yandex folders. I tried the g12 tar but the update is looking for an AMLGX version which I can't see in the folder. Any specific date I should search for an update?

edit - I think my problem is that I used chewitt image (from a link about 20 pages back) instead of the Yandex image :cry:

Can someone confirm that I should use the N2 image from Yandex link on page 1 and then use the g12 tar to update ??

Edited once, last by fat-tony (November 24, 2020 at 1:44 AM).

• Latest aarch64 LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-9.80-devel-20201124090010-d174eba-amlg12.img.gz manages to boot and have a stable userspace for ugoos am6. (hdmi cec, wifi remain not working)

Cheers and thanks!

• I just can't get balbes150 N2 build (from Yandex folder) to boot on my N2+. I have burned the image to uSD and edited extlinux.conf to point to the /dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2-plus.dtb for my N2+, but the image does not even start to load. It seems to be missing some essential component to allow the boot to proceed. I have the boot switch pointing to the right (MMC) and have removed my eMMC card.

• I don't have such hardware, so without a detailed startup log from the UART console, I can't help you in any way.

Thanks balbes150 - I'm afraid I don't have the necessary cable to connect to UART. If it's of any help, this image from @chewitt's test repository did boot, but I had a number of minor usability issues - LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.7-odroid-n2.img.gz