Posts by mdm63

Uuh. I propably should not ask this, but maybe, just maybe there are some nice people,with time on their hands, to help out.

So here goes nothing.

Could some nice person give me a quick recap where we are at this for Mecool M8S Pro+? (Amlogic S905W, 2GB)

I have used libreelec when it was on kodi 17, but things have changed a lot. Yes I know that all the information is in this and other threads, but I would appriciate it hugely, if some one could help me, as sieving trough all the messages and threads would be quite a work. The old threads by kszaq, CvH etc. used to have way more clearer instructions to fallow or maybe I was just younger, smater and more handsome, who knows.

So what image I should download for my HW? (Mecool M8S Pro+ Amlogic S905W, 2GB)

So then I burn the image to sd-card and? With the old images I had to copy the correct .dtb file to the root of sd and all was golden. Now I need to edit the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " and uncomment the correct .dtb file. So I uncomment the same .dtb than I used to copy to the root of the SD? Do they have the same naming as the old ones? What is the correct .dtb for my HW? (Sorry I can't remember, it has been year or two and I don't have the old images etc. anymore.)

So what next? u-boot? From the Yandex link I can only find "le-u-boot-nanopi-m4v2.img". I am assuming this is the wrong u-boot image for my HW and it would potentially severly brake my system. Where I can find correct u-boot image for Mecool M8S Pro+? (Amlogic S905W, 2GB)

So how do I then flash the correct u-boot? USB Burn Tool? Will it then just boot from the SD if it is inserted, or do I have to do the button trick to boot from SD?

Is there any thread, forum, website, etc. where I could easily compare the different media center softwares for my HW? (Not really hopefull with this TBH.)

I apologise if this is too much for this thread and/or out of it's scope. Any help anyone could give, would be very much appriciated!

Just a quick one. I updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.8 and now the Netflix plug-in(0.12.7) won't work any more. It seems that the widevine lib is missing. I get:

Code
    00:18:11.272 T:3692032912  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    00:18:14.566 T:3692032912   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
    00:18:14.566 T:3692032912   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

in the log file.

Everything was working before the update. My box is Mecool m8s pro+.

I will try some things and report back. Anyone else had problems with Netflix after update?

I fixed it! I had to re-install libwidevinecdm.so and it started to work again. I used the script from asciidisco's installation instructions for the Netflix plugin.

I gave this quick test last night (We have only on TV at home and I can't appropriate it or SWMBO will not be happy.), but this seems to work well. Got Netflix playing 720p only once, but this may be because my internet connection was under heavy use. TVheadend (backend/frontend) with MyGica 230 USB stick was working well.

I installed Retroarch and emulation station, but I was unable to get them working. This may well be from lack on knowledge/time. I just installed them from the repo and tried to launch them, but they sit on the splash screen for some time and then go back to KODI. I would imagine that there are some log files somewhere, where I can dig this deeper when I have the time.

For now this seems very promising. I will do further tests when I have more time, hopefully in the end of the week. I will report any issues and successes.

Big thanks to GDPR-2, kszaq and anyone else who made this possible.

Oh! I forgot to mention. I ran this with my "bad patch" Mecool M8S Pro+ from SD-card.

If the tuner is connected using S805 TS interface, you would need to get AML DVB kernel driver first (it is not open source) and then customise demod+tuner driver to work with AML TS interface. If it's a USB tuner, it should work OOB.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Thank you for the quick answer. This seems to be bigger hurdle than I thought. Oh, well. I have just purchased 2 Xbox one USB tuners. I am going to replace the internal tuner with those. If that does not work. I can always use them in my Mythbuntu server as additional tuners, or maybe I just stick them up my... 8o (Getting bit frustrated here. With the time and money I have spend getting this box to work. I would probably have got working Wetek box, and then some. Lol.)

I love your builds, and I am very grateful of your work. Keep them coming!

I have the exact same question.

I want to get the manual. And then I never got to compile his version.

(Ubuntu 16.04, Debian stretch.) - 64bit.

P.S. AlexElec compiled from source normally.

Do you have the same box as I? After some research I found out that "LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2-8.1.10-HD18Q.img" works great with my box. Only thing I had to do, to get it to boot from the SD-card, was to add empty file named "unlock_autoscript" to the root of the SD-card. Everything except the DVB-tuner seems to work, including Wi-Fi and CEC, so I don't need the .dtb file I extracted from the official OTA firmware any more. With quick glance it actually seemed the same as the device tree used in kszaq's image.

Now I have to find out how to compile the CvH's additional DVB drivers fork to S805. His fork has support for the Sony CXD2872 tuner.

If you don't have the same box as I, You could always try to modify one of the kernel patch files located in the /projects/S805//patches/linux so that it matches you .dtb file. Then compile by using the device which patch file you modified. This may or may not work. I am in no way a expert in Linux kernel compiling and if you do this, you do it on your own risk. You may damage your device for good! That's what I was going to do, but found out that my .dtb was close to identical(if not identical) with the meson8b_hd18q_dtd.patch. If you are going to try this, I suggest you change only the values in the .patch file and not the whole file. More info about Linux kernel patches and how they work can be found on google, but I have not yet found a good and simple source or tutorial. I have to do plenty of reading to get grips on Linux kernel patching and compiling.

Hope this wall of text has been at least somewhat helpful.

Dear kszaq or any other knowledgeable person.

I have a question.

I want to compile your version of Libreelec with custom device tree (.dtb) file. By looking at the code I think I need to modify /projects/S805/options and add new entry in the "# Kernel extra targets" to build with my .dtb file. But where I should place the file itself? Am I missing something else? I have the build environment setup according to the wiki with the only exception that I have cloned your repo instead of the main repo.

The box in question is Videostrong K1 with DVB-T2 that has Sony CXD2872 receiver, that (to my understanding) has Linux support, so it should be possible to get Libreelec with Tvheadend to work in this box. I have newer done this, but I would like to give it a try. I have already extracted the .dtb file from the original FW and I can't get my box to boot with any of the precompiled FW's, so the method mentioned in the FAQ in the first post is a no go.

All help will be very much appreciated as is the work you have already done for us!

You are not alone!

Sadly I seem to have the same problem. I also tried to install the same FW and now if I press the "recovery" button, I get "no signal" from my tv. If I i try to boot normally, it just freezer on random spots of the boot (In the "NEXUS" boot image or in the boot animation.). Could you post an image or give a link to one showing where to solder the UART (serial port) wires? So I can take a look on the boot messages and confirm if we have the exactly same issue. Also what USB port is the OTG port? So I can try to flash mine with the USB burning tool.

Hello.
    I try to get grips about the whole Amilog TV-box subject.
    I have setup of a mythtv backend mediaserver and couple of raspberries running libreelec front end in my flat and it is working great. Now I want to set up same kind of functionality to my father, who lives in different town. I could share my mythtv backend to him over internet, but that would not be a cost effective solution because of the bandwidth and tuner requirements, so I found a Amilog TV box with DVB-T2 tuner, that should at least in theory be capable of running KODI the same way I have things set up at my home.

Main questions I have at the moment are:
    Libreelec builds don't currently support DVB tuners, am I right?
    There exists a Openelec build by some one called Alex that does support integrated DVB tuners, at least for some models?
    There are several different models of Amilog TV-boxes with different hardware. How does one identify these models?
    Should I, at least in theory, be enable to patch up some sort of image to my device, that supports the integrated DVB tuner and has reasonably up to date Libreelec?
    If I get my hands on the Openelec by Alex, and it works with my hardware, can I update Libreelec over it and maintain the DVB tuner support?
    Where I can get more information about the the different boxes, their drivers and kernel module development?

I don't consider my self a expert by no means, but I am not a total noob either when it comes to linux development, compiling kernels, linux drivers, kernel modules etc. Most of all I am eager to learn, so I am not asking a ready made image here, just information so I can learn and in time hopely chip in.