@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• chewitt; I have LIbreElec booting off SD & USB sticks, and the data gets stored on the internal emmc. When logged into a LE root terminal, would backing up the device mounted at /storage with dd create an output file that includes the android ROM sharing the emmc with libreElec?

The dd output file sizes don't seem to correspond to the capacity of the internal emmc, and I thought one of the main drawbacks with using dd is it copies the entire input file device, with a lot of time used copying unused sectors/bytes.

Starting to wonder if what I'm doing is just getting the libreElec partition of the emmc, and not the entire emmc.

Thanks,

• hi,

I got information and firware from Beelink

I don't know how to make your box, I will give you a pdf, maybe it will help you understand how to do it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwpvshk0bxn0…181120.pdf?dl=1

Thanks for the info, I found the the document for Tronsmart and ROM in the website here is the link in case someone else need it Vega S95 Pro, Meta, Telos Firmwares -

Lastly, how do you process the U-boot, I am still confused as to how to process this, please share any link or how you effect the installation.

Thanks

Edited once, last by e123enitan1 (June 22, 2020 at 4:14 PM).

• Good morning friends, please I need help with the latest versions of this libreelec system, I come from coreelec and there the only problem I have is that I cannot correctly synchronize the ps3 control and the chrome browser, my box is a Mecool KI Plus 1 gb of ram and 8 of rom, well my problem is that in the add-ons I cannot install tvheadend or PVR service or the zack morris add-on because I get the error that dependencies are missing or that the ones are broken packages in the repository, however the control of ps3 takes it immediately and remains without problems, please, my problem is with the repository and the packages or dependencies that I don't know if they are incompatible, what should I do and how can I fix it ..

Another situation is that in the nightly versions of librelec in the previous version, I can't find a build for my team in the repos or official channels ....

for the help and the answers thank you very much

• Ok so i dont get a'm i stupid of what, but how do i run this on my mecool pro l (s912)?

I have downloaded and burn sd card with LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200626140824-569f834-amlgx.img image file and put that sd card back in tv box and when i power on tv box i see mecool logo and then i start boot android, i have try to press menu button on remore when box is booting in order to boot from sd card but nothing is working

ps

i can boot coreelec from sd card so i know that sd card reader on tv box is working

• Ok so i dont get a'm i stupid of what, but how do i run this on my mecool pro l (s912)?

I have downloaded and burn sd card with LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200626140824-569f834-amlgx.img image file and put that sd card back in tv box and when i power on tv box i see mecool logo and then i start boot android, i have try to press menu button on remore when box is booting in order to boot from sd card but nothing is working

ps

i can boot coreelec from sd card so i know that sd card reader on tv box is working

Please note that the DTB configuration order has changed.

Now a single configuration method is used for all Rockchip Allwinner Amlogic platforms. The file (uEnv.txt) is used for configuration DTB all platforms.

Now a single configuration method is used for all platforms, using the file (uEnv.txt). You need to edit this file to configure it. You need to uncomment the two lines that are responsible for your platform and specify the correct DTB for your model. If you use this image to run on the one platform, you can delete it from the settings file (uEnv.txt) strings from other platforms.

Test LibreELEC images with KODI-19 for S9xxx

Edit the file (uEnv.txt)

Place the model for your box.

Here as an example: meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

Code
    FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb
    LINUX=/KERNEL
    APPEND=boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0

If universal multiple upload has not yet been enabled on this device

Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8) - TV boxes - Armbian forum

Edited 3 times, last by erbas (June 27, 2020 at 8:42 PM).

• ok so first problem that i solved was that i was unable to boot libreelec image in the first place and then i figure out that i need to run aml_autoscript.zip but that did not work so i reflashed my box firmware and i was able to use aml_autoscript.zip file and boot to libreelec.

But now i cant use remote and dtb that i used is meson-gxm-q201.dtb but remote is not working i have try to add file remote.conf from coreelec sdcard root to libreelec sdcard root but this is not working and now i stuck at welcome to LibreElec

Edited once, last by DoktorX (June 27, 2020 at 10:05 PM).

• ok so first problem that i solved was that i was unable to boot libreelec image in the first place and then i figure out that i need to run aml_autoscript.zip but that did not work so i reflashed my box firmware and i was able to use aml_autoscript.zip file and boot to libreelec.

But now i cant use remote and i'm not sure if my dtb file is correct i used meson-gxm-q201.dtb but remote is not working i have try to add file remote.conf from coreelec sdcard root to libreelec sdcard root but this is not working

Everything here is totally different from CoreELEC if you need support for CoreELEC.

Make a brief reading of the first post!

2. The start system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELEC, Armbian etc. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems.

Test LibreELEC images with KODI-19 for S9xxx

Try using the KI Pro files! (control and the same model)

Code
    copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config
    copy mecool to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Just restart the box.

If it doesn't work, check if the files are white and blank, just copy and paste manually.

mecool k1 pro (2).zip

Edited 3 times, last by erbas (June 27, 2020 at 10:27 PM).

• this setup for libreelec is complicated, on coreelec i create sd card put card in box and its working

Feel free to use whatever you want!

I don't think you read the post: Test LibreELEC images with KODI-19 for S9xxx

Everything here is in tests we use the latest kernel!

We are development supporters!

These buildings may not be for you.

• So there might be an kernel 4.xx AV audio+ video solution like for kernel 3.14 in the next few weeks?

I will certainly appreciate your p282 board S905W generic dtb inquiries 🐱🐈👺👻 I have searched in vain online- where several similar inquiries are unanswered !

The problem is that when you buy TV boxes online (or even offline) there is no indication apriori of p281 vs p282. That you learn from CPU-Z or from getting Android boot screen trying to boot from SD card via the standard toothpick method !

hello, after many configured tv boxes I found this problem (p282), could you solve it?

Edited once, last by CvH: removed huge font size (July 1, 2020 at 7:01 PM).

• I have installed LE on an amlogic box in the past but for the life of me cannot figure out this new installation process.

So I wrote LE aarch64 on a micro SD using LE usb SD creator.

I edited the line in the uenv file to reflect qxm200 and then 201 when the first didn’t work and popped it into my S912 T95Z Max box.

Previously I used to be able to boot by typing in reboot update into terminal emulator. This doesn’t work now.

I have no idea what universal multi boot is or where to find it. I read one tutorial where it said to go into android settings - about - system and then point it to aml_autoscript file but I don’t get that option in my android settings. I also tried the toothpick method but it didn’t work.

Could someone please guide me as to what I’m missing out. Thank you.