Posts by mm_half3

chewitt; I have LIbreElec booting off SD & USB sticks, and the data gets stored on the internal emmc. When logged into a LE root terminal, would backing up the device mounted at /storage with dd create an output file that includes the android ROM sharing the emmc with libreElec?

The dd output file sizes don't seem to correspond to the capacity of the internal emmc, and I thought one of the main drawbacks with using dd is it copies the entire input file device, with a lot of time used copying unused sectors/bytes.

Starting to wonder if what I'm doing is just getting the libreElec partition of the emmc, and not the entire emmc.

Thanks,

thanks for the easy to follow HowTo guide, works great. I just started testing S912 kodi-leia images, and have not set any of them up to put the data on the device's internal storage yet, because I have stable @wrxtasy amLogic 8.2.4.1 builds using the same S912 devices. Is making a tar file of /storage while booted into the 8.2.4.1 LE environment, then uploading the file to a NAS or putting it on an external disk all that is needed to preserve the data for my stable 8.2.4.1 LE builds?

I have been using wrxtasy builds since 8,2,4,1 but recently I've starting to follow balbes150 topic about new Kodi 18 builds.

Are there any advantatge to jump balbes150 builds? I mean, HDR, 10bits, and all advantatges of wrxtasy builds are inlcuded?

Thanks,

for me the advantage is to be able to read UHD iso files. I have a few problematic UHD discs that fail because of read errors when I try to create mkv files for them, but I can get unencrypted backups to files of them, that can be put into ISO files for playback. Hoping to be able to have access to those problematic discs with leia versions of libreElec since they use a version of libbluray that can read them. The wrxtasy builds are what I use for stable UHD/hrd/atmos/dts:x playback, but Oleg's images are showing promise. My limited testing (about to do much more) of them shows relatively stable mkv playback so far. If that holds & we get stable uhd ISO playback in my case it might justify migrating to them.

Installed v20180717 on a usb stick and used it on my tanix S912 device. After realizing the reason the keyboard was not working was because I did not delete the stock dtb.img file from the new test img, made it through the initial setup just fine.

Since I requested it, first thing tested was reading uhd ISO files, and this version is able to open them now, thanks Oleg :thumbup:. Had done some research on the problem and am in the process of setting up a development system to use to try and get a test build from your amLogic_S905-kernel, libreElec & xbmc repos on github (used to build my own development/custom openelec images for pi's & xbmc binaries for macOSX a few years back...but those development environments are long gone ). Thought the problem could be an older version of libbluray was used, and libbluray-1.0.2 was not in your xbmc source, but the kodi log file showed libbluray-1.0.2 was being used, or that j2me was not enabled, so was going to try and pass the --with-bdj-type=j2me config option in the libbluray-1.0.2 src compile and see if that helped..curious if that was the problem with reading uhd ISO's, or if it was something else.

Am having some audio issues with the UHD's, still trying to figure out an optimal setting. HDMI passthrough does not work very well for any Atmos tracks, but the default analog passthrough setting did work on the Saving Private Ryan UHD mkv file tested. The Oblivion UHD ISO was still having audio/video stuttering, and buffering issues, but was better using analog audio passthrough instead of HDMI. Now that there is an amLogic leia version that opens UHD ISO's available, will create some more ISOs and try more extensive testing of them. Will also begin testing the leia builds on my Minix U91 S912 device.

Also, I have my amLogic stable 8.2.4 version setup to only boot from its external device (sd card), with the data residing on a partition of the internal storage. Maybe setting up the leia test builds to do the same might help with the video/audio/buffering issues. Need to verify, but my guess is that if I do that it will wipe/overwrite the data from the stable 8.24 build on the internal storage, since they're both going to use the same data partition.

Oleg, your time & work on development for the amLogic devices is appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Hello balbes,

I've read Leia can read UHD iso files, so decided to test your Kodi 18/leia builds, specifically tried the latest, LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-20180621154753-5287365.img on a Tanix S912 TX92, and it seems to be working fine for mkv files (uhd & bluray) in the limited tests done so far. Unfortunately, when using this test build, UHD iso files fail to open with similar log errors seen in the 8.2.4 builds. I've tested millhouse generic intel kodi 18 builds & they are able to read UHD iso files...however, the generic intel builds I have tested thus far seem to have some work to go to get stable UHD HDR playback with dolby atmos/DTS:X. Any chance of getting the ability to read UHD iso files into one of your subsequent test builds for the S912? The iso that failed is for the UHD rip of Oblivion, and the log file is attached in case it can help.

Appreciate your work on getting a stable Leia build for AmLogic devices.

Thanks,