[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• It appears that the builds cannot be upgraded by placing the ".img.gz" file in the ".update" folder and rebooting. I get an error about it being S912.arm hardware. I have to do a fresh install each time to the SD card. Can this be looked at please?

Cheers.

Edited 2 times, last by ukmark62 (June 18, 2018 at 11:17 AM).

• It appears that the builds cannot be upgraded by placing the ".img.gz" file in the ".update" folder and rebooting. I get an error about it being S912.arm hardware. I have to do a fresh install each time to the SD card. Can this be looked at please?

Cheers.

Updates are performed by placing the .tar file in the .update folder. The img.gz files are for burning fresh SD/USB installs.

Shoog

• i have a question.

U mean that S912 is better for Anime.

But would I see a difference when I watch 720-1080p Anime on a S905X or S912?

I think the S905X builds are more stable then S912.

Now I really dont know which box I will buy..

Basically the BB2 Pro or TX92 with S912 or a Z69 Pro, TX5 Pro with S905X

• Updates are performed by placing the .tar file in the .update folder. The img.gz files are for burning fresh SD/USB installs.

Shoog

I've always used img.gz to update since LE 7. I use the img.gz as it can do both fresh install & update, whereas .tar can only do updates afaik. That way I only need to download one file.

EDIT: Looks like this small glitch has been resolved. There's a new test2 image available now, with a slightly different name, and that image allows updating LE via dropping the img.gz file into the .update folder and rebooting.

Thanks wrxtasy!

Edited 2 times, last by ukmark62 (June 18, 2018 at 4:55 PM).

• just a short question, currently i use 8.2.3.1 from kszaq on internal memory on my S905x devices, can i just upgrade to wrxtasy build, or is this build only running on external memory (SD-Card, USB Drive)?

TIA

• i asked if it is possible to update the internal memory because thats how i use my devices :)

I've upgraded mine to this build on internal memory - all ok so far.

However, I'd always recommend using an SD card first - it can save a lot of hassle if things go wrong. Once you're happy then you can run installtointernal later.

• One small cosmetic bug I've found. When you press 'o' for player codec info etc, the aspect ratio (AR) always shows as 1.78. I remember there being a patch (yes, another one!) on the kszaq 8.x builds to fix this. I think it was called "kodi-99a.02-add-aspect-ratio-detection-for-amcodec-h264.patch", but not 100% sure on that.