[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• But I do not relish the time consumming task of going through hundreds of posts to find my answer. So would greatly appreciate a quick answer here if possible as to whether or not to enable this 4.2.2 option in the System settings and exactly what does it do.

Why don't you just log on to CoreElec forum and ask your questions there?

• Why don't you just log on to CoreElec forum and ask your questions there?

SImply for the reasons I stated. I will do when I get time but that is in short supply ATM. So if nobody can answer it here than that is fair enough and not a problem. So then it will simply wait until I get around to it and join that CE forum you mentioned, which indeed I will soon.

Edited once, last by RayW (May 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM).

• hello you all

I'm newbie here..

I thank you so much for this build I just tried it put it on USB with rufus and the usb on my tx8 s912 boot with "reboot update" and wooooo

LibreElec connect by wifi I dont see how to connect Lan for now but I will find it ! (hope so) screen are a bit too large too but I will go in settings later

Very good job

thank you...

• Well .. I spoke too fast.. libreElec do not see my Lan... it connect very good Wlan but I do not have any way to connect my Lan I run the libreelec configuration and I do not see any possibility to edit any lan connection because there is not only wlan showed

I have an TX8 Android 6 Amlogic S912 4/32 with 8.2.4.1 LibreElec on USB with rufus, everything work very well excepted my Lan Internet Connection. My box boot alone on LibreElec if I put the USB key inside no need any special move but no Lan..

Any help will be welcome

Edited once, last by mikele (June 17, 2019 at 2:02 AM).

• just asking, but why not run LibreElec 9.02 on an Amlogic box?

I installed the "Le Potato" image on my Bqueel M9C pro (S905X) and it runs absolutely fine. Tested all different video and audio files so far.

• just asking, but why not run LibreElec 9.02 on an Amlogic box?

I installed the "Le Potato" image on my Bqueel M9C pro (S905X) and it runs absolutely fine. Tested all different video and audio files so far.

Unfortunately my TX8 Amlogic S912 4/32 do NOT boot with Le Potato 9.02 I have to reinstall the 8.2.4 LibreElec...

• finally I tried few tree to have Lan and it appear that gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb tree run fine for my Amlogic TX8 S912 4/32 box.

When I play heavy files I have sometimes black screen and I have to reboot ... as for now I dont know if there is any update for my box but I know that 9.02 Le Potato do not boot...

• I'm still running the older version LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img and modified dtd, on my Minix Neo U9-H. Is there and updated/upgraded LibreELEC that will work on my device?

• I tried this 2018 released image on S912 GT1-Ultimate with a dtb from other image and it works fine except that netlfix plugin fails to install due to `pycryptodome` missing.

I have searched for it everywhere and I think it is because of the older kodi version which doesn't seem to have it by default.

Is there any way to install it ?

Thanks.

• Thanks for the reply, I read somewhere on the netflix plugin that it won't work with Kodi-17 and this 2018 image is using kodi17.
    So I have started to test the develop images instead.

If someone can confirm that it will work on Kodi-17 then I can look into fixing the pycrytodomex error.

• wrxtasy Hi wrxtasy, I am using your Libreelec 8.2.4.1 (Kodi v 17) on my Amlogic 912 box (Venztech V12 ultra) as it is the only one I found in which I do not experience judder when plaing 24p videos. I just wanted to ask if you plan to make a build with Kodi 18 or maybe even 19? Thanks

• Hi all, I know this build has been discontinued, but i would like to downgrade from my current CoreELEC install with Leia to LibreELEC Krypton for, well, reasons!

I have a 96X Air 905x3 box. Which build / dtb would be best to download?

Thanks in advance ;)

• spinecho Anything with Kodi Krypton will not support S905X3 devices. You can go forwards (Matrix) but not back.

thanks for the amazingly prompt reply, chewitt

Just to confirm, this will be a fresh install, not a "downgrade"; presume your answer still holds - that LibreELEC Krypton will not work on a 905x box?

Ok, I guess I stick with CoreELEC and Leia, unless there is a LibreELEC version I can use?