[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• On the latest chroma test build it seems the subtitle fix is not included? I am installing my new mecool pro + today but i would swear there was a separate external subtitles fix build available for s905x?

To answer my own question:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339.img.gz

is working with external subtitles on s905x

• If it is still 8bit output then there is a new 444,10bit update available that also has a default 1000/0.005nits MaxFALL/MaxCLL

This will improve brightness of problematic mastered 4K HDR Bluray Rips:

Rootz

Yeah copy the .tar into the .update folder and restart your device.

Or you can use a SFTP client, show hidden folders and do the same thing.

Can i do this by SSH command?

I´m saying activate 1000/0.005nits MaxFALL/MaxCLL by command via SSH

• Using LE 8.2.5.1 latest build on my TX9 Pro S912 box, and have two problems that I wonder if others are having too.

Firstly for watching UK TV with my IPTV client I have to enable the option in the AMlogic System Settings to "Disable Deinterlaced Post Processing'' or else I get chroma horizontal tearing very badly on my TV. BTW the TV is a 6 month old LG 55SJ850 Super UHD model so is pretty much latest state of the art (although sadly not OLED as could not afford one of those !) so surprised I am gettign this effect. I do not notice the problem in streaming movies or other material but seems only with my IPTV client service ??? Do not get this problem with earlier LE builds BTW.

Secondly there seems a problem with 3D content. Although my TV sadly does not have a much missed 3D facility, with previous builds like 8.2.2.3 I seem to rememb er I could watch 3D video files in 2D by selecting that option within KODI with no problems. However now I cannot do so and indeed it locks up the display to a black screen with no sound although the video clock shows it is still playing. After this, some but not all of my video content from my NAS Drive and USB Drive will no longer play exhibiting exactly the same black screen no sound problem, BUT a reboot will allow those to playh agfain normally until once again I try to run a 3D movie file ?? Strange that most still play okay but quite a few won't, need to narrow down which format maybe the culprit here.

Two obscure problems which I would liek to be able to fix if anyone can help. Other than that 8.2.5.1. is excellent though I cannot measure whether I actually get 10 bit and 444 mode on my TV with suitable source material, though I do get the full UHD and HDR which I can check for okay.

Why are you saying LE 8.2.5.1 is latest for S912? The OP only has LE 8.2.4.1 as is in title name.

• Got 8.2.5 running on u9-h but bluetooth doesnt work for some reason... Have in enabled in the menu but in the Bluetooth menu it says that no device are found although I do have the headphones in pairing mode.... It doesnt look like it searching for anything...

• Got 8.2.5 running on u9-h but bluetooth doesnt work for some reason... Have in enabled in the menu but in the Bluetooth menu it says that no device are found although I do have the headphones in pairing mode.... It doesnt look like it searching for anything...

Bluetooth does work for keyboards but not audio in my box.

• Using LE 8.2.5.1 latest build on my TX9 Pro S912 box, and have two problems that I wonder if others are having too.

Firstly for watching UK TV with my IPTV client I have to enable the option in the AMlogic System Settings to "Disable Deinterlaced Post Processing'' or else I get chroma horizontal tearing very badly on my TV. BTW the TV is a 6 month old LG 55SJ850 Super UHD model so is pretty much latest state of the art (although sadly not OLED as could not afford one of those !) so surprised I am gettign this effect. I do not notice the problem in streaming movies or other material but seems only with my IPTV client service ??? Do not get this problem with earlier LE builds BTW.

Secondly there seems a problem with 3D content. Although my TV sadly does not have a much missed 3D facility, with previous builds like 8.2.2.3 I seem to rememb er I could watch 3D video files in 2D by selecting that option within KODI with no problems. However now I cannot do so and indeed it locks up the display to a black screen with no sound although the video clock shows it is still playing. After this, some but not all of my video content from my NAS Drive and USB Drive will no longer play exhibiting exactly the same black screen no sound problem, BUT a reboot will allow those to playh agfain normally until once again I try to run a 3D movie file ?? Strange that most still play okay but quite a few won't, need to narrow down which format maybe the culprit here.

Two obscure problems which I would liek to be able to fix if anyone can help. Other than that 8.2.5.1. is excellent though I cannot measure whether I actually get 10 bit and 444 mode on my TV with suitable source material, though I do get the full UHD and HDR which I can check for okay.

There is lots of ongoing testing in the AML Linux Kernel with Bit depth & Chroma output and that is exactly why that Kodi settings option is put in there to bypass such issues. I've only seen such Horizontal red video output on S905W boxes with interlaced TV.

Not sure about 3D support, never use it personally and the only 3D .mkv file I last tested output 1080p. It's definitely not on the high priority list at the moment.

• Hi wrxtasy

I've tested all this commits made by graham8 and samnazarko in linux kernel for OSMC and I can say that are working. I've tested some HDR 10bits sample in a clean CoreELEC installation and autoswitch Color Depth and gamma is working like you autoswitch patch in last realease.

Please can you add in your kernel branch and make new build? Thanks.

1. Revert 8fec948: Try different bits in AUD_SPDIF1 to get 24-bits signa…

@samnazarko samnazarko committed 9 days ago

c5bf3dc  

2. Fix to signal 24-bit PCM in stereo

@graham8@samnazarko graham8 authored and samnazarko committed 9 days ago

e5734c0  

Commits on Sep 16, 2018

1. Synchronise YCC quantisation range with RGB

@graham8@samnazarko graham8 authored and samnazarko committed 10 days ago

ac12bea  

Commits on Sep 15, 2018

1. vh265: fix SEI parsing (experimental)

@samnazarko samnazarko committed 10 days ago

496d526  

2. drivers/amlogic/hdmitx: Fix null pointer deference when using null VI…

@samnazarko samnazarko committed 10 days ago

a585e3f  

Commits on Sep 13, 2018

1. Block VICs reported as valid when Max_TMDS_Clock1 doesn't support them

@graham8@samnazarko graham8 authored and samnazarko committed 13 days ago

d58165d  

2. Fix for limited range streams signalled as full-range

@graham8@samnazarko graham8 authored and samnazarko committed 16 days ago

8e1a123  

3. Auto bit-depth switching, improved messaging for video and other vide…

@graham8@samnazarko graham8 authored and samnazarko committed 19 days ago

147dd5d  

Commits on Sep 11, 2018

1. net/stmicro: AMLogic DT suggests clk_81 should be used for HW timesta…

@samnazarko samnazarko committed 15 days ago

52640f8  

Commits on Sep 5, 2018

1. amcsc: fix falllback master data

@samnazarko samnazarko committed 21 days ago

2d3ef29  

• There is lots of ongoing testing in the AML Linux Kernel with Bit depth & Chroma output and that is exactly why that Kodi settings option is put in there to bypass such issues. I've only seen such Horizontal red video output on S905W boxes with interlaced TV.

Not sure about 3D support, never use it personally and the only 3D .mkv file I last tested output 1080p. It's definitely not on the high priority list at the moment.

Thanks for feedback wrxyasy. Yes indeed i have since discovered that somehow my Sytem display settings had changed to 1080i instead of 1080p. Changed that back to Progreessive mode and tI can now switch off the "Disable Deinterlaced Post Processing'' setting without any such tearing now. So seems it relates to interlaced mode wiht some media types.

Out of interest I also get another weord problem with some UHD files (non 3D) when it is set to interlaced display mode, in that the bottom blank area of a letterbox media screen flashes different blank colours associated with the picture chroma content and when I press the Enter button on the remote I do not get the Play/ Pause, Stop and Subtitles, Settings etc options showing at the bottom. The timing and other usual info is still there at teh screen top however. Switch back to Progresive mode and the problem geos away but it is not with ALL UHD files ????

Yep appreciate that 3D issues are low importance but just thought it was infor that needed conveying to you adn others here. 3D is important to many folk and would still be for me if they installed 3D facilites in new TVs today as I strongly believe they should. But it is still relevant as I cannot play in 2D my numerous good quality 3D movie files now with this 8.2.5.1 build. I know it worked fine with the old 8.2.3.1 build but have to confess not tested it with any of your recent 8.2.4 builds or even the recent 8.2.5 444 Chroma build.

Anyway keep up the great work, very much appreicated.

• Hi to all!

First time here and also to the TV-Box world...

Till now I was using my TV to play everything plus I was streaming my content through DLNA but I was not satisfied with the results.

I decided and bought a MINIX U9-H device that came to me yesterday.

What I did was to firstly let it auto update everything then I created a micro sd with the build from wrxtasy

I installed the LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img.gz and then updated to LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar

I would like to ask some questions in order to make sure that everything is working as it should.

1) How am I suppose to know if a 4k 10bit hdr movie is actually playing with 4:4:4 10bit ? ( my tv supports 10bit ( 8bit + FRC ) ) so I dont really know if I'm suppose to see 10bit somewhere in kodi.

2) How am I suppose to know if auto switching is working?

3) How can I do some editing to the autostart.sh ( I enabled the gpu to 792Hz and I read somewhere that I can disable the autoscale from autostart? should I really need to do that? ) and In general is there a terminal that you throw commands on it?

4) Can I install any kodi build (theme) I like, like I would do with a normal kodi installation? will this overwrite any of wrxtasy settings?

5) My setup goes as follows U9 > Denon AVR > TV now denon supports 4k upscaling and I believe it would be maybe better than my TV's, is there any way to let the upscale to be done from denon?

Thank you in advanced and sorry for my noobish questions.

• For anyone else with the Mecool M8S PRO L that wants to get your bluetooth remote working with these builds, I followed the guide here that wrxtasy provided for the Xiaomi Mi Box remote with success. I remapped the suggested buttons too which was a great help as I couldn't get the context menu to display since long press on "ok" doesn't register as a long press.

So after a reboot into ATV and back into LE this no longer works. Tried to retrace my steps to get it working again but couldn't for the life of me work it out again and all I seemed to do was break my airmouse in the process. Think I'll leave bluetooth alone since there is clearly some compatibility issues.

• 4.) You're welcome to install Skins, but if you install piracy "builds" you will receive no further support in this forum (read forum rules).

Thanks for your answer, I was talking about themes (skins) cause I really do not like the default but I was afraid if the installation can brake any of the tweaks wrxtasy makes.