[S905] Device trees

• Fietspomp Please try to use this device tree: gxl_p212_3g.dtb

You Sir, are a legend!

I'll try it later today, hopefully it'll work!

Will it matter which LE file I use? I've got the other box running 8.2

Or should I use 9.0?

EDIT:

Holy sh*t it boots!

Booted from USB stick using the dummy update,zip file.

I'm so excited right now!

Later I'll try to install on the internal, to check if it's fast.

How can I see in LE if it's really 3g? Because apparently S905X is maximum 2g right?

EDIT2:

According LE it's also 3g, see the attachment:

Edited 2 times, last by Fietspomp (August 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM).

• kostaman For your S905D box you can try using one of gxl_p231 device trees: Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905D/

The DVB tuner will only work if it is based on the same chips as KI Pro: AVL6862 + R848.

AVL6862 Tuner Picked Up after using s905/8.2/device_trees/S905D/   gxl_p231_1g_dvb.dtb

I wasn't expecting this Tuner to be in this Box.

Sold to me as DVB/T ONLY Tuner.

Better Specs than expected. No good to me as we only have DVB/T In AU.

But good for the rest of the world. ;)

• Fietspomp The DTB you attached contains device trees only for 1GB and 2GB RAM. I guess you have only 2GB of RAM. It also has some unknown (to me) boards: gxl_p211 and gxl_p215. Can you tell me which device tree is used by your box? You can check it running this command in Terminal Emulator in Android: cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id

My box is gxl_p211_1g, it can not be supported for now, right?

• Dear kszaq (and all readers),

Here is attached the dtb file from android image from a Docooler M9S PRO s905x with 32 GB ROM and 3GB RAM.

I can boot all your libreelec builds without problems (wifi and bluetooth works fine too!), but the RAM amount appears to be 2GB in libreelec. I tried with your gxl_p212_3g.dtb file but the device stucks in Amlogic S905x logo. Perhaps the manufacturer sell us this device with fake amount of ram.

Hope this file help to identify the truth, I dont know how read it.

I´m here too for say thanks for your great job, my android boxes have a real live with your libreelec builds. Very happy with this!

Cheers!

• Anyone has a device tree for Xtreamer Whizz? Thanks

I stumblen on Running LibreELEC 8 on the Whizz

I've had good success running LE8 on the Xtreamer Whizz, here's how:

Now you're ready to boot up:

• Unplug the power
    • Plug USB into the rear usb port
    • Hold down the small Reset Button on the side of the Whizz
    • Plug in the power (keep holding reset button)
    • Once you see the LE 8 logo you can release the button

That's it, your Whizz should now boot into LibreELEC 8 with KODI 17

• Nobody knows? :(

Thanks in advance

• Thank you for your efforts to Fietspomp your instructions made setting up my Z69 so much easier!

Out of interest how warm does your Z69 run?

I'm tempted to dissemble mine to re-thermal paste and drill some air holes... 50oC + seems high for a S905.

• Hi,

I recently purchased a GULEEK KM5 on Amazon. It is a s905x but it doesn't start me up in Libreelec with any of the device trees of the s905x.

I managed to boot using one of s905 but it doesn't work for me either the Wifi or the USB ports.

The Wifi is one of those not compatible with Libreelec but, at least, I'd like the USB ports to work.

Here's the dtb to see if you can do something. Thank you very much kszaq

dtbKM5.zip

• Attached is the device tree and additional info for an s905w-based AZW W95 media player - Board Rev 3.0.

I have a rev 2.0 that works perfectly with gxl_p212_2g.img, but the v3.0 box gets stuck at a black screen after the initial boot logo.

Attached is output from the following commands:

1) adb shell dmesg > dmesg

2) adb shell cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id > amlogic-dt-id

3) adb shell dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > dtb.img.gz

Any help getting past the the black screen would be greatly appreciated!