[S905] Device trees

• When looking for a tree close to a box like the one i uploaded (MxMax 2G/16G) what suggestion would you advise if this devices tree wont be uploaded.
    Cheers

I haven't taken a loot at this device tree as this is a tedious process: unpack transfer to my compile server, decompile to dts, compare pre-compiled dts... takes a lot of time and honestly I prefer spending my time on development and not comparing device trees. Take 3 factors into account: SoC (S905/S905X), RAM size and Ethernet speed. Then look for a device with similar specs.

• I haven't taken a loot at this device tree as this is a tedious process: unpack transfer to my compile server, decompile to dts, compare pre-compiled dts... takes a lot of time and honestly I prefer spending my time on development and not comparing device trees. Take 3 factors into account: SoC (S905/S905X), RAM size and Ethernet speed. Then look for a device with similar specs.

gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb

Thanks kszaq,
    Used the above device tree which worked. Thank you again.

• The MINI MX ver. 1.0 (2GB/16GB) calls itself MINI MX-G.
    You can see it in the android system info.
    So I think MINI MX-G is a proper name for it and easier to use than MINI MX 2GB/16GB

• The MINI MX ver. 1.0 (2GB/16GB) calls itself MINI MX-G.
    You can see it in the android system info.
    So I think MINI MX-G is a proper name for it and easier to use than MINI MX 2GB/16GB

I have withdrawn the post with images.
    I am wrong about the box name.
    I just plugged in the 2gb box and it is in fact known as MINI MX 2GB/16GB

Previous post i plugged in the 1gb box.

I am confirmed AS GOING MAD.
    Apologies to all.
    [hr]

kostaman This is from post #5. I don't check the names of boxes, I simply follow what users posted here.

Thanks kszaq
    Google let me down and i thought it was my friend.

Edited once, last by kostaman (August 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM).

• Also have this box, but seems not to have an entry in the dtb directory........ Will it be supported?
    Thanks

• OK struggliing with my T95m

I have SD but would like NAND, but none of the tree entries work for me..

So any chance we could have it parsed? or ponit to an explanation on how to do it?

Cheers

Edited once, last by silashack (September 2, 2016 at 4:38 PM).

• Thank you for reminding me about this! The source code for these files is here, that makes my work much easier: https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s90...r/dtb_file

I added in the GIT file for model Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos_Meta and Pro with support for new kernel LE. Tested them on models Telos and Pro with the latest version of the image LE (7.0.2.006). Everything works when booting from external media and when installing to the internal memory (eMMC).

Amlogic_s905/dtb_file/LE_7.0.2.0006 at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

• OK struggliing with my T95m

I have SD but would like NAND, but none of the tree entries work for me..

So any chance we could have it parsed? or ponit to an explanation on how to do it?

Cheers

Hi.

Silashack, do you have any improvement on T95M 2/8?, 005 version works good but I also wait for a solution

Thanks

• LibreELEC

I used the instructions to get .006 onto NAND, but I have some serious issues with buffering that I have not had before.

Just trying to fix that.

Agg, I'm on SD, want to keep Android, so This new script is not a solution for me. Thanks anyway.
    BTW The script needs a Firmware to work AFAIK, what version do you use?

• Agg, I'm on SD, want to keep Android, so This new script is not a solution for me. Thanks anyway.
    BTW The script needs a Firmware to work AFAIK, what version do you use?

After a lot of tries, .006 on sdcard worked perfectly for me, so if you wanr to dual boot (as such) then just follow the instructions for the .006 and all will be good.

I have tried two firmwares T95m-2G-8723-160516 and T95m-2G-8723-160622 did not notice anything between them. The new script assumes you have your android running, it then copies certain files from that and then installs LE to the NAND, so as you say, NOT what you want.

• After a lot of tries, .006 on sdcard worked perfectly for me, so if you wanr to dual boot (as such) then just follow the instructions for the .006 and all will be good.

I have tried two firmwares T95m-2G-8723-160516 and T95m-2G-8723-160622 did not notice anything between them. The new script assumes you have your android running, it then copies certain files from that and then installs LE to the NAND, so as you say, NOT what you want.

Thanks. I'll try, I'm on 160622, with LE 005 in SD. What dtb file do you use for 006?

• I'm attaching my dtb for both Beelink Mini MXIII and MXQ PRO 4K these dtb files are taken directly from the flash partition from your LE builds and OTA.

OTA Beelink Mini MXIII.zip = extracted from 107L1_0425 OTA from beelink forums.
    LE Beelink Mini MXIII.gz = extracted from flash partition from LE build 005.
    MXQ PRO 4K.gz = extracted from flash partition from LE build 002.

Firmware can be found here Message - Beelink - Powered by Discuz!

I see you posted 2 dtb's for the Beelink Mini MXIII. what dtb do you suggest to use for build 007?
    I assume this is 2G/16G/1000mbs.

Thanks

• I see you posted 2 dtb's for the Beelink Mini MXIII. what dtb do you suggest to use for build 007?
    I assume this is 2G/16G/1000mbs.

Thanks

None since this is forkszaq, for 007 just use the ones found in the device tree folder. Myself i just updated from 006 without dtb files