LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• humantoz How did you resolve this? I'm stuck in exactly the same point.

• Hello,

I'm in need to get a 18.x version of Kodi running on my X8H and stumbled upon this thread which seems to make it work. I have Finless Lollipop Rom on my box now and I want to know which steps I have to do to make this work, since my last flash was many years ago :huh:

I've taken this from a previous answer of this thread:

• burn the GZ img to a SD (using LibreElec-usb-sd creator)
    • browse the SD and rename "boot_autoscript" to "boot.scr"
    • insert the SD in the minix
    • boot the minix while holding reset switch for 5 -6 sec (the bootloader will be patched)
    • let Libreelec boots

Is this right? Does that work with the rom I'm running by now or do I need to do somethig before or after?
    With this the rom will always run from SD card, right? How to get it to internal?

Sorry, many questions. Hope someone can help out.

Thanks

Klewe

• Yes the "Finless Lollipop Rom" will work, thats how I started out as the box will turn off proper! You will have to keep the SD card in the box in order to run LibreElec. To install to internal you need to search the blog here :)

Yes the "Finless Lollipop Rom" will work, thats how I started out as the box will turn off proper! You will have to keep the SD card in the box in order to run LibreElec. To install it to internal memory with command "Installtointernal" I think, never done it, just search he blog here just to make sure!

Edited once, last by Klaver7: Merged a post created by Klaver7 into this post. (April 21, 2021 at 12:33 AM).

• Yes the "Finless Lollipop Rom" will work, thats how I started out as the box will turn off proper! You will have to keep the SD card in the box in order to run LibreElec. To install to internal you need to search the blog here :)

Yes the "Finless Lollipop Rom" will work, thats how I started out as the box will turn off proper! You will have to keep the SD card in the box in order to run LibreElec. To install it to internal memory with command "Installtointernal" I think, never done it, just search he blog here just to make sure!

Thanks. Everything works flawless. I have one problem tho. Every addon I try to install doesn't work. It says installation failed. Any suggestion?

• I need some enterprising Minix X8 / X8-H / X8-H Plus testers in this topic:

dtech
    September 13, 2021 at 8:58 AM
  • Woehooo finaly found this solution to run Kodi on my Minix Neo X8h+

I almost threw it out and bought an new box.

But ... yes there is a big BUT, I cannot update any of the addons in Kodi. Aparently the Root CA file in use is not up to date anymore and I cannot seem to update it.

One thing to mention: I'm still running it from an SD card which works good enough for me.

I have checked:

- time

- network connection

- error log

The error log show these messages:

2021-10-02 11:16:07.379 T:2890924912 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)

2021-10-02 11:16:07.379 T:2890924912 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.0/WeTek_Play….xml.gz.sha256:

2021-10-02 11:16:07.380 T:2890924912 ERROR: Open - failed to open source <https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.0/WeTek_Play…s.xml.gz.sha256>

2021-10-02 11:16:07.380 T:2890924912 ERROR: CRepository: failed read 'https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.0/WeTek_Play…s.xml.gz.sha256'

I updated some of the addons by copying the addon including all dependencies as ZIP files via SMB to the device. After that the addons do install. So nothing wrong with anything else.

Also I checked the cacert.pem file and this is from some year ago. I think that is the issue. Overwriting the cacert.pem file is not possible. Message "This is a read only file system".

Can someone please help??

• Check the fantastic works of DTECH or you need to compile/install the add-ons yourself.

There're no official updates anymore so we need to be creative.

• Testing your "LibreELEC-X8-H_Series.arm-8.2RC-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz" on the X8 Plus with Finless 5.1 firmware(Probox ex2). Works very good and again true shutdown(0 watt). My question is about the Kodi power menu: "Boot from internal(boot to andoid)" just boots the thing back to the SD-card.

Is that because it's the finless bootloader instead of the Minix one?

Tried it also with Super Favorites > command and used: "System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand" but it dont react to that.

Code
    <item id="xx">
            <label>Reboot from internal</label>
            <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
            <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
    </item>

Dont work either, I searched through the forum and could not find someone with a finless rom that could provide any info on that.

hello,

I know this is a old topic but, did you say you put the 'Minix XH8 - Finless Lollipop ROM 1.0' ( android 5.1 ) on your X8 Plus?
    I try that but it got stuck on the booting screen ( the custom image saying 'a finless bob rom, lollipop - super rom 1.0 ).

Do you have any tips for me?

thanks!