Posts by Richdem

I can tell from the original report that Kodi is falling back to CPU decoding; hence the suggestion to try a newer kernel which might have more functionality added (as upstreaming codecs takes time). If the situation didn't improve you won't see magic happen - no codec driver means Kodi will CPU decode and this probably requires a high-end i7 or i9 chip to work. If the HEVC driver exists under Windows and you need to play 4K HEVC media .. use Windows.

I have downloaded one of the nightly images, I plan to give it a try later. I just had this tiny PC lying around so I thought I would give it a try.

It won't be a major issue to run Kodi from windows if that's what I need to do.

Appreciate the help

Last year I picked up a Khadas VIM3L,

I do boot straight into CoreELEC but it handles all the 4K content I can throw at it with ease. Comes with 2GB RAM & built in 16GB eMMC. I also looked at the Odroid N2+ but it is too expensive here in Canada. The VIM3L came in a kit with a case & remote control although the remote of my Sony 65 X90J controls it perfectly

Hi All,

I have a Lenovo M93P Tiny PC that I have been playing around with. It has an i5-4570T CPU with HD4600 integrated GPU.

I installed LibreELEC directly to the 128GBSSD and I can play 1080P content without issues, with 4K however the playback is not smooth and when I checked the system information the CPU was constantly at 80% - 100% (I presume the GPU is not being utilized)

Just for fun I installed Win 10 Pro and then Kodi directly. I can now play the same 4K content without any issues, CPU sits around 10% utilization and the GPU is around 75%

Is there anything I can do within LibreELEC to improve the performance as I would rather have it boot straight into Kodi rather than use Windows.

Regards

Richard

Hi All,

I have just discovered this awesome site after I had horrible playback issues with Kodi after upgrading to 17.1 on my Minix Neo U1.

I have everything setup and Kodi is running fantastic. I love that I can boot back into Android when I want.

I was just curious what the difference was between the build with the temp sensor disabled and the regular build ? I just chose the 1st one (temp sensor disabled) and it seems to work without any problems.

Regards

Richard