feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• I am planing to purchase this box, can you confirm this two things.

Default Remote of SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box working in rock chip test build of libreelec?

2. Is WiFi working in test build and boot from sd card?

1. No . It can when someone add some patches to the source ...

2. No and yes . WiFi not working at all with 4.4 kernel ... so far . Yes boot from sdcard working in test build .

• will get a MVR9 for testing tomorrow. First time for me using a Rockchip Box.

Have already spent time to read a lot, but I am still unsecure about the next steps

There are different LE builds out. Which one should I use to start ?

Does the Android firmware have any influence for using LE builds?

If yes, which one should be on the box?

Thanks for directing on the right course

• You can try this - libreelec-rk3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180606204749-0267cea-box-trn9.img.gz

LibreELEC runs independently from a micro-sd card, so Android has no influence on it.

• Can you perhaps make new images with HEVC and mpeg2 deinterlacing(not using ffmpeg) perhaps?

I will make a new test image in a day or two, having a general VPU/IOMMU issue with my current development tree.

The mouse pointer is too small and moves too slowly on a 4K display with 3840x2160, changing to 1080p@60hz seems to work a lot better.

The test-build should have code that limits GUI size to 1080p for 2160p resolutions but I noticed this was not applied to the "desktop" resolution if your TV reports 2160p@60hz as the preferred resolution. windowing/gbm: allow different gui and screen size by Kwiboo · Pull Request #14108 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub fixes this and will be part of next test-build.

i think Rockchip future is a ilusion !

Hehe :), improvements is very slowly making its way to Kodi tree and I will push a new test-build in a day or two. I am currently having a page fault issue with VPU/IOMMU and a vpu reset issue on both Tinker Board S and Rock64 that I need to track down before I can push a new test-build.

• I will make a new test image in a day or two, having a general VPU/IOMMU issue with my current development tree.

The test-build should have code that limits GUI size to 1080p for 2160p resolutions but I noticed this was not applied to the "desktop" resolution if your TV reports 2160p@60hz as the preferred resolution. windowing/gbm: allow different gui and screen size by Kwiboo · Pull Request #14108 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub fixes this and will be part of next test-build.

Hehe :), improvements is very slowly making its way to Kodi tree and I will push a new test-build in a day or two. I am currently having a page fault issue with VPU/IOMMU and a vpu reset issue on both Tinker Board S and Rock64 that I need to track down before I can push a new test-build.

Kwiboo sorry to hijack the thread, its there any chance to add the driver for the TP-link Archer T4UHP (chipset rtl8812au, device ID 2357:010f), the current alpha in fact includes a rtl8812au module but my specific device ID is not included (the driver is the same, its just that the ID its not in the list), thanks for any help.

• You can try this - libreelec-rk3328.arm-9.0-devel-20180606204749-0267cea-box-trn9.img.gz

LibreELEC runs independently from a micro-sd card, so Android has no influence on it.

Hi there ,

i´ve tested the above release. there are also some "nightlies" (with code for/from Mainline as far as I can understand) on Index of /

In comparison to kwiboo.libreelec.tv they should have included some mediaplaying tweaks/patches to enable HEVC or other grafix related stuff...:-)

I would like to test these "stuff" !! but especially I´m interested (on my MVR9 :-)) to test live-TV an DEINTERLACING 1080p50Hz material !

I´m running a TVHEADEND server on a dedicated mashine, but the tvheadend CLIENT (hts-...addon) is not available (cant be installed , restrictions between Libreelec and linked repository dependencies of the mainline RK3328 libreelec images ?!). In this case I cant test (e.g. live-tv and deinterlacing) :( !

Is there any hint, HOW to enable hts-client (zip install doesnt work either...) in such an "nightly-release) from Index of / ?

this would help a lot and could give me confidence that such an powerful box, or RK33XY itself, would come close to an AMLOGIC based box (s905, s912) concerning deinterlacing and Live-TV. On these Amlogic boxes currently everything is possible in "deinterlacing2 at a hight standard...

I would give feedback here of the testing results...but cant get pvr-client to work under such an "enhanced/advanced" nightly RK3328 build :-(.

Any hints ?

regards arel

• Kwiboo: Is in the new testbuild HDR included? For me is only HDR Picturequality interested and later HD-Audio.

The other things i have a S905X box or VU+ 4K Box.

I understand that software development is not so easy as users think;)

• bylderup

thanks for your fast reply.

I´ve already tried this image...see above....and hts-addon were included/available there, too... my problem were all images on the nightly, libreelec test area with date later than 06062018. from there on they have newer grafics implementation, e.g. for deinterlacing and so on....

disadvantage...i cant test them for my use , because hts-addon client cant be used/downloaded etc. in this new images (dependencies for addon are not fullfilled...)

my question is related to these new images and hts-addon from libreelec repository which is not available...to install.

regards arel

• I would like to understand the differences :

Index of /test/

test builds from kwiboo with his newest developments for RK Hardware ?

Index of /

automatically generated LE builds

may have newest Kodi changes but kwiboos developments only if someone from LE team has merged them after request ?

Did I get this right ?

Is the same kernel used for the rockchip builds?