feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• I updated to LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-nightly-20190227-ee662eb-rock64.tar

EDIT UPDATE: I looked at my log and from my limited understanding

I think the rock64 image link in nightlies might be pointing to wrong image ?????

Edit update 2 I found this link very similar to my issue but i will wait for someone here from LE

to shed some light using my logs.

When I opened guisettings.xml and profiles.xml in

.kodi/userdata

guisettings.xml

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

profiles.xml

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I then SMB using my Mac to

/Volumes/Kodi-Failed

guisettings.xml

profiles.xml

Completely Empty

Box booted into Safe Mode .

I rebooted , Same again, Safe Mode.

First Crash

Second Crash

Edited 3 times, last by kostaman (February 28, 2019 at 8:26 AM).

• I found this link very similar to my issue

I tried all the deletion of files in the Kodi forum.

Nothing fixed the bootup still in safe mode.

Updated to LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-nightly-20190228-0111c1d-rock64.tar

Same Safe Mode at boot up.

I restored a backup from 23rd Feb 2019.

Problem Gone.

• I then SMB using my Mac to

/Volumes/Kodi-Failed

I probably should have deleted the profiles.xml from Kodi-Failed as it was empty ??

profiles.xml

Completely Empty

Now that i have restored previous Backup i cannot check as everything is working.

Code
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml && systemctl restart kodi

^ that should work. I've seen the same issue but it's unclear what causes it.

I now looked into the profiles.xml with everything working after the backup and i see

Thank you for looking chewitt

• im using rock64 with the last libreelec 8.90.014

if I use another skin, show Live TV and press "Back" button, I lose the HDMI signal(Black Screen), until I press the "Stop" button..

if i show Movie(files) or Series(files), I do not have this problem...

but when I watch a movie(file) and go to live TV menu, after I press on it, I have a signal loss again..

Edited once, last by Kampfader (March 1, 2019 at 10:08 PM).

• if I use another skin, show Live TV and press "Back" button, I lose the HDMI signal(Black Screen), until I press the "Stop" button..

Confirmed this happens with AppTV Skin as well.

I just tried a Movie file and using back button does not lose signal until i press settings menu and signal is lost again.

but when I watch a movie(file) and go to live TV menu, after I press on it, I have a signal loss again..

This does not happen with Amlogic Boxes using CE Leia and AppTV Skin.

Must be a Rockchip issue

I just noticed it yesterday.

It does not happen with Estuary Skin.

Will post logs when i get a chance.

• here my log

first im play one movie, then I pressed livetv, and i have a blackscreen

line: 1114

• The crashes in latest builds are still there.

Using SSH Command below,Check current Governor settings in latest nightly is set to performance.

The kernel seems to be compiled to boot into performance mode.

Code
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

List the available governors:

Code
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

Used on my Rock64 in .config / autostart sh file

Code
    echo "ondemand" >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

I see no performance drop on my Rock64 using "ondemand".

What i did notice is a minimum 10% Drop in TEMPERATURE.

Test for yourself

Code
    echo "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" > temp 
    chmod +x temp 
    watch ./temp
  • Updated to LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-nightly-20190228-0111c1d-rock64.tar

I've noticed 2 issues:

1) Bluetooth not working yet. When I tried - I could not get into BT parameters screen (once I highlighted BT in Libreelec settings - the parameters window was empty, and also I could not exit the screen.

2) Netflix doesn't work, cannot be installed

On a good note:

1) FLAC music finally works

2) Does not crash when watching TV

• Hi, I have a list of private iptv and I have the libreelec build for asus tinker 8.90.014, but when playing full hd channels I find that they are pixelated, they are encoded with the h264 codec, mp2 2.0 audio and a 1.78: 1 aspect ratio . Do you know what is due? can it be a problem with the compilation version that your state is alpha? or is it possible that it is due to some bad configuration? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you so much for everything.

PD: use as a method of reproduction pvr simple iptv

• since using ondemand govenor on my mvr9 box I had no more crashes.

Great, I will change the default govenor for rk3328 to ondemand (same as rk3399/rk3288) in next small update to 4.4.

I have been using ondemand as default in my mainline kernel testing so far without issues.