feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• I have both RK3328 and S905X. The S905X with CoreELEC is more smoother than the RK3328 with LibreELEC. Same Estuary skin.

• I'm still experiencing hard reboots after some time watching livetv with tvh on my mvr9 box. It doesn't matter if sd or hd channel. I also tried 4.2 and 4.3 development builds of tvheadend with no success.

I would be thankful for any hint to solve this issue.

I made some new images for mvr9, posted on freaktab forum.

There are some default settings already set and bluetooth is enabled by default.

I see in the tvh addon v4.4 they had a fix for videos buffering, freezing and increased the cache, maybe that can help. I will try to build tvh v4.4 if it can't be installed manually, how do you install the other versions?

• I made some new images for mvr9, posted on freaktab forum.

There are some default settings already set and bluetooth is enabled by default.

I see in the tvh addon v4.4 they had a fix for videos buffering, freezing and increased the cache, maybe that can help. I will try to build tvh v4.4 if it can't be installed manually, how do you install the other versions?

thanks, will try your build

I took tvh 4.2 from le repo and tvh 4.3 builds from here Tvheadend nightly builds for LibreELEC, but as mentioned there was no difference in behavior.

• Link to latest LE9 RK3328 PVR and libreto games addons

MEGA

Link here to latest MVR9 LE build and guides.

I think my problem is caused by oscam addon and not tvh.

Already tried a powered usb hub to be sure there is no power issue with the card reader, but that didn't help.

oscam config should be ok, used it for years on rpi. Have to test further.

Maybe usb kernel issue? updated kernel 4.4.167 could help? GitHub - Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv at rockchip-part11

Edited once, last by polo_joe (January 29, 2019 at 8:04 AM).

• Kwiboo Any extra improvement for HACK: RendererDRMPRIME: render sw decoded frames · Kwiboo/xbmc@96369b6 · GitHub perhaps?

720p Inputstream is running very well on RK3328 but there is still a slight problem if there is a lot of fast movement, then the video freezes for a second or two then goes back to normal speed.

Is there a way I can compile LE for Firefly RK3288 or Ugoos UT3(miqi dts with slight modifications)?

Here is an old 4.4 dts for RK3288 UT3.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can then try to test it or modify the 4.4 kernel dts files a bit to see if I can get it booting.

RK3288 should have a lot more power for 720p/1080p Inputstream software decoding.

• I have both RK3328 and S905X. The S905X with CoreELEC is more smoother than the RK3328 with LibreELEC. Same Estuary skin.

Yes if you use CoreELEC Leia on AML S905's you will notice further Kodi Leia optimisations that speed everything up.

For the C2 specifically, Overclocking it too makes it nice and snappy. So does eMMC flash storage and a Wireless remote.

With CoreELEC & the C2, look in the config.ini file and remove the # (comment) to enable 1.752GHz CPU clocking.

Also SSH in and crank up the GPU to 792MHz (all CE - S9xx platforms) by:

Code
    echo 'echo 2 > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode' >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Then reboot.

And for every Kodi device I use, I remove the useless "Slide Animations" to speedup the user interface up.

Kodi Settings > Interface > Skin > Configure Skin > General > Use Slide Animations > OFF

• Can others here with Rockchip devices using nightlies or whatever LE

Try and take a Screenshot either using Control+S or SSH Below.

I get a Screenshot of a Black Image in .png format.

Using my Rock64 RK3328

Code
    kodi-send --action="TakeScreenshot"
  • I get a Screenshot of a Black Image in .png format.

Screenshots of video using Direct-To-Plane rendering is not implemented and will give you a black picture, screenshots using EGL renderer should work but Direct-To-Plane rendering is preferred for performance reasons.

http://ix.io/1zsn

http://ix.io/1zsp

kodi log before crash Dropbox - kodi.old.log

It looks like you have a few plugins installed that may cause instability, plugin.video.youtube seems to complain about missing settings, there was some ALSA log entries I have never seen before.

I suggest you try with a single/minimal addon on a clean install using HDMI/SPDIF audio. One or more of the addons is probably causing exessive resource usage.

• screenshots using EGL renderer should work

Tried that in Player settings. Rebooted just in case.

Black .png , No change.

Can't even take a screenshot without a video playing , which is what i was trying to do whilst testing AppTV Skin for Leia.

Strange. See what happens./shrug

Direct-To-Plane rendering is preferred for performance reasons.

EGL renderer playback is pretty awful , tried playback of TVHeadend TV Live stream HD. Not watchable.

• Latest MVR9 LE image I build

- added PVR addons

- added lots of CoreELEC patches for faster UI etc.

- added Live TV SD, HD 25/50hz fast channel switching for tv's that don't have SD resolutions(now merged into Kodi)

Previously

• Select HD stream -> resolution switches to 720p
    • select SD stream: resolution switches to 1080p (GUI default) because no SD in whitelist
    • select HD stream: switch to 720p

Currently

• Select HD stream -> resolution switches to 720p
    • select SD stream: no resolution switch (SD fits into current 720p)
    • select HD stream: no resolution switch

Link

MEGA

Please try to test it and don't have a lot of addons installed like kwiboo suggests.

• Hi wrxtasy.

Thanx for answer.

But

The fact is that I can not overclock the processor in CE 9 stable.

I tried to change both in files "boot.ini" and in "config.ini" (first together, then separately). But in CE in file "config.ini" there is no section on overclocking(I had to copy from LE).

The output always showed this:

Code
    CoreELEC (official): 8.99.1 (S905.arm)
    CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

But I can overclock the graphics processor (Mali-450) in CE.

The output shows:

Code
    CoreELEC (official): 8.99.1 (S905.arm)
    CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode

In LE 9 I can overclock the graphics processor (Mali-450) and the processor (cpu freq 1752000).

The output shows:

Code
    LibreELEC (community): nightly-20190201-974f4cb (Odroid_C2.arm)
    LE:~ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq
    Code
    LE:~ # cat /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode

How i can overclock the processor in CE 9 stable?

Edited once, last by blackride (February 4, 2019 at 11:42 AM).