feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• You have to install the latest nightly of CE 9.

They added OC for odroid C2 in the latest nightly. It works on my odroid C2

• wrxtasy

Tested Rock64 11th Feb Nightly

Can you see if you get the same result as i do with 7 F00d Network.

I can't believe the resolution 640 X 576 of this channel. It is what it is.

I don't whitelist any 576 resolutions.

Every channel plays back great. SD and HD Except 7 F00d (Censored word) Network.

Black bars either side with squashed picture.

I whitelisted 576 and got the usual stretched crap picture. Not a solution.

Second Picture is VLC on mac Codec info

• Same here on various platforms. it's not unique to Rockchip.

Go into On Screen > Video Settings when viewing that Channel and select > View Mode > Stretch 16:9

Kodi will remember it.

• Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.

I currently have a Raspberry Pi 2B running OSMC (Kodi) and have wanted something more powerful for some time. I wanted it to be affordable and available for purchase and delivery in Australia. I stumbled on the Rockchip downloads page for LE and saw that there was an image for Rock64 and I assumed that meant that LE was either supporting or going to support that SBC. That got me really excited as I was able to purchase one of those at a reasonable price and it is now en route to me.

I have now been reading through LE forums including this one (wishing that I'd done that before ;)) discovering all the issues with developing a stable image for this device and its SOC (RK3328), and I feel that I somewhat understand (it may go over my head ;)) the problems with the Rockchip 4.4 kernel and how things are reliant on the development of the Lima project.

So have I jumped the gun and wasted my money? What is the likelihood of this SBC getting a stable release in the future? And I understand that that could be some months away. I apologise if this has been asked already, if it has I haven't been able to find it.

• I have now been reading through LE forums including this one (wishing that I'd done that before ;) ) discovering all the issues with developing a stable image for this device and its SOC (RK3328), and I feel that I somewhat understand (it may go over my head ;) ) the problems with the Rockchip 4.4 kernel and how things are reliant on the development of the Lima project.

From a developer perspective the Rockchip Alpha 013 image is as good as it is going to get with Rockchip 4.4 linux, it should be rather stable and supports hw decoding of most formats. Focus going forward is to make Rockchip run on mainline linux.

I already have Tinker Board and Rock64 working okay on mainline but it only supports mpeg-2 hw decoding and up to 1080p resolution so far, mainline testimages can be found at Index of /test/, upstreaming of linux patches is ongoing.

• Thanks Kwiboo for replying. Sorry I didn't realise the state and stableness of the Rockchip Alpha.

That's really quite exciting and thanks for your efforts and work regarding this.

As my TV restricts me to 1080p anyway, it sounds as though the current condition will work quite well.

I am not used to working with nightlies and test images. If I install the latest image, how do I update to later versions and then finally a stable release after that? Do I need to format the SD/eMMC card and start afresh by burning a new image each time?

• So have I jumped the gun and wasted my money?

I assume you purchased the Roc64. I've had this SBC for over 6 months and at the start it was a real challenge as a user / tester putting up with all the bugs during development.

Things have now turned around and the Rock64 is a great SBC using LE Nightlies.

Very well priced for a quality product. Money well spent.

• Things have now turned around and the Rock64 is a great SBC using LE Nightlies.

Very well priced for a quality product. Money well spent.

Thanks kostaman, that's fantastic to hear :)! Yes I did purchase the Rock64 and thanks for the reassurance. Hopeful that I will see a large improvement over my Raspberry Pi 2B. Can't wait for my Rock64 to arrive!

at the start it was a real challenge as a user / tester putting up with all the bugs during development

I can only imagine! Great effort from you guys and the developers for sticking with it and being willing to use, test and provide feedback.

• Simply copy the latest Nightly .tar file into the .update folder of your SBC (via smb)

Then reboot . Update will proceed and install.

Ahh that's much easier than I thought it would be and much better than constantly formatting your SD/eMMC card to put a new image on ;)

• From a developer perspective the Rockchip Alpha 013 image is as good as it is going to get with Rockchip 4.4 linux, it should be rather stable and supports hw decoding of most formats. Focus going forward is to make Rockchip run on mainline linux.

I already have Tinker Board and Rock64 working okay on mainline but it only supports mpeg-2 hw decoding and up to 1080p resolution so far, mainline testimages can be found at Index of /test/, upstreaming of linux patches is ongoing.

LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-devel-20190210232636-9e3b41c-rock64.img.gz It is not possible to connect to a network, indexe / test /