Posts by wolf7250

Hi All,

I've been having an issue with the OSMC wifi dongle consistently disconnecting from my Rpi2.

I have just recently installed the latest version of LibreELEC onto a brand new SD card. Everything works well except for Wifi. Unfortunately running a LAN cable to the Pi is not an option at the moment and I had a spare OSMC wifi dongle so I thought I would use that.

The wifi works perfectly well initially, however consistently after a couple hours (give or take) the wifi disconnects and the dongle doesn't appear to be recognised anymore. The only method I have found to resolve it is to either reboot or unplug and reinsert the dongle. This works for a couple hours until another disconnect.

Thinking that it might be a driver issue I tried the fix outlined here:

RE: [Solved] OSMC WiFi dongle on RPi

The dmesg output below was capture after attempting the steps in the link above. As far as I can tell (could be wrong) from the dmesg, the driver seems to be fine.

I have managed to collect full debug logs, dmesg output and lsusb output. Please see these below:

Debug Logs

dmesg output

lsusb output

Does anybody have an idea as to what might be causing this?

Looking here there doesn't seem to be a zap tool in the DVB-Tools addon. There is t2scan and looking at the documentation it looks as though I can use that and it can output to a channels.conf file.

Where does the TvHeadend config live in the LibreELEC directory? Am I able to update the channels.conf file directly from command line using t2scan?

I am having issues with tuning an initial TvHeadend server on my Rock64 (4GB).

The hardware that I have got in the setup is:

• Rock64
    • Sony PlayTV (DVB-T receiver)
    • Signal Amplifier
    • Quad Shielded cabling

The are 6 muxes for my area (Melbourne, Australia) I have been able to get the expected channels on all muxes except one. The misbehaving mux will not tune any channels no matter what I try. I ran w_scan with the following command

w_scan -ft -c AU

and it found all expected channels on all mixers (see attached txt file), so I can't understand why it won't work!

As far as I can tell the settings for the mux in TvHeadend appear to be correct (see attached screenshot).

Is someone able to help? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I should also note that I have an existing RaspberryPi 2B that has been connected to the same cable and signal amplifier and TvHeadend works without issue

EDIT:

I decided to try running the startup wizard from scratch again. Now only 2 (out of 6) muxes tune and I'm getting 16 channels when when I should be getting 50 odd :(

EDIT : I just updated to LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-nightly-20190410-a2cd6c2-rock64

Problem gone. Maybe intermittent so i'll have to keep testing when i have time.

Unfortunately updating to this nightly has not made any difference for me :(.

wolf7250,

another point to check, be sure to have a good quality micro SD card. It's really important.

Thanks mike2002 for the suggestion :) I am actually using eMMC so it's not related to micro SD card quality.

I'm thinking more the Rock64 issues are hardware related since the stuttering can't be reproduced on other devices.

I have been able to successfully play videos (with no stuttering) from a hdd directly connected to the Rock64. But if I attempted to do multiple large skips then the stuttering would start.

Also Pine seems to have abandoned the device and making empty promises to users.

This is very interesting and disappointing to read as when I bought my Rock64 (and even now) the website clearly indicates that it is a LTS product and Pine64 commit to producing it beyond 2022.

But I hope I'm wrong and with the Linux v5 kernel that LibreELEC developers are working on, it would improve things.

I sincerely hope this too!

I'm having issues playing videos on my Rock64 using Samba. The videos are mp4, have AAC audio and are 720p. The symptoms are stuttering when playing the video. Audio is fine, but the video is not smooth at all. I'm pretty familiar with symptoms of buffering issues (video and audio getting stuck and then resolving once buffering has completed) and I'm pretty sure this is not the same issue.

I have a Raspberry Pi2B (running OSMC) connected to the same Samba share and the same videos play fine with no stuttering.

I have changed the scaling_governor to "ondemand" and it doesn't appear to have made a difference.

Has anybody experienced this and/or know how to resolve it? Apologies if this is a known issue.The image I am running is the nightly-20190309-e738c7b (RK3328)

Further to what I reported above. I have noticed that when I initially play my first video from the SMB share, it plays fine with no stuttering. If I stop that video and then select another one from the SMB share, then there is immediate stuttering.

I recorded debug logs for the first and second video attempting to capture the issue and for the second video there are errors in the log, but they don't mean much to me.

If I leave it for a little while and then come back to my Rock64 and attempt to play a video again from the SMB share then it works for the first initial video again and then stuttering again for the second. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

Also I'm having issues with TvHeadend on my Rock64. I have a couple of different usb DVB tv tuners:

1. Elgatato eyetv DVB-T tuner
    2. OSMC DVB-T/T2 tuner (Which I believe is an Astrometa DVB-T2)

The first is recognised and shows up in TvHeadend as DiBcom 7000PC, but I encountered issues when going through the setup process. It loads 6 muxers as expected, but when scanning for channels only one muxer works, and as a result I only get 10 channels as opposed to the expected 50 odd.

The second is recognised, but doesn't load as expected. I'm currently using it with a Raspberry Pi2 (but want to replace this with the Rock64). It should load both Realtek RTL2832 DVB-T and a Sony CXD2837ER DVB-T2, but only loads the Realtek. I am using the LE DVB module, should I be using the main linux one? This CoreELEC thread seemed to think it would make a difference.

But even the Realtek tuner wouldn't scan properly. I am using quad shielded TV cable and a signal amplifier. The setup tunes properly with the OSMC USB tuner connected to my Raspberry Pi2 so I know that it's not a signal issue. What can I do to resolve this?

kostaman I'm pretty sure you've got TvHeadend working on your setup, what DVB tuner do you have?