[8.90.6]Playback problems and much more...:)

• I'm I to understand that your life is ruined by a cheep china box? ;(

Unfortunately there is nothing particularly cheap about the VIM2 with dTV, its more expensive than a KII Pro.

Hate it when I make a mistake, but life moves on.

Shoog

• I have no problem booting 8.90.6 form SD on Nexbox and KI pro. So it defiantly works;)

Have you got an earlier version on internal or stock ROM.

The dropping of "InstalltoInternal" came out of the blue so I am certain you can appreciate someone who had used it might be a slight bit peeved. I would still much prefer to run from internal - because at least on the VIM the EMMC is quite fast (4x as fast as most SD cards). Again its no biggy - but if I am going to have to jump some hoops I want to be certain its going to be worth it.

Shoog

• Unfortunately there is nothing particularly cheap about the VIM2 with dTV, its more expensive than a KII Pro.

Hate it when I make a mistake, but life moves on.

Shoog

To me it looks like an overpriced MeCool, but Hey... That's OK :)

• To me it looks like an overpriced MeCool, but Hey... That's OK :)

If they offered the support they claim in their advertising/forums then it would be the best box out there and good value for money. As it is its almost a piece of junk. Shame on me.

Shoog

• Have you got an earlier version on internal or stock ROM.

The dropping of "InstalltoInternal" came out of the blue so I am certain you can appreciate someone who had used it might be a slight bit peeved. I would still much prefer to run from internal - because at least on the VIM the EMMC is quite fast (4x as fast as most SD cards). Again its no biggy - but if I am going to have to jump some hoops I want to be certain its going to be worth it.

Shoog

It may have come out the blue for you but it has been stated by chewitt and kszaq that installtointernal would not be part of any official releases because of the trouble it causes and I have just followed the same direction no matter how shitty you think that decision is. You are always free to build your own releases and include it with them, the instructions are on the wiki.

• I thought we were over this internal nonsense.

So to all/any of you internal fans, Can you please explain to me how running LE from a decent SD card has any negative effect on playing hw accelerate media?

• I'm glad it works great for you

There has been minor issues of which I acknowledge but these are mainly introduced by the Kodi team, some I have been responsible for but nothing to the degree of what is reported.

There is too much inconsistency with testing and too much b/s from users who don't know what they are doing and cause half the problems themselves, ie dtb issues/ installing to internal/ not providing kodi and kernel logs/ changing sysfs kernel flags/ using build threads as a q&a/ telling me my decisions are bad.

It would help if developers had the ability to moderate their own threads but we don't and I can't make head or tail of things because of all the noise that is generated.

I'm burned out from it all and I'm not the only one, it's ashame because when I started I was full of enthusiasm for LE on Amlogic but the forums and past issues with how LE is run has totally drained me to the point I don't want to carry on anymore and that is why I have asked for the thread to be closed.

I am extremely sorry to read this, not only from a selfish point of view, but also that someone who makes valuable contributions feels isolated and overly criticised.

From my own very brief experience with your work, I first of all would like to say ...... great results, and well worth the effort for those who can appreciate what it takes.

Secondly I would say that some more/better organisation of threads would be welcomed by new users of Amlogic devices like myself as well as the developers.

For instance I still do not know which devices provide better results than the others, regardless how much I have read.

I had to ask some very basic questions in the other thread (I think) and it took me some time to understand what I was being told being unfamiliar with all of it. I should not have had to clutter up a development thread with basic questions .... and yes I did search as much as I was able to but lacking basic knowledge makes that difficult.

I believe (in future) that there should be a general "discussion & help" thread for such releases as yours, plus a separate 'bug report' thread which the developer can moderate. In the discussion & help thread hopefully users can provide help to each other, while those who wish to help with the development can post in the debug thread, hopefully providing good information for the developer.

Of course none of that helps your situation.

It is unfortunate that it has come to this.

I can only wish there is some hope that you can reconsider your situation after a short break.

Regardless your final decision, I wish you well, and thank you earnestly for your work on this release.

Regards,

John.

• I thought we were over this internal nonsense.

So to all/any of you internal fans, Can you please explain to me how running LE from a decent SD card has any negative effect on playing hw accelerate media?

I am, surprisingly, not interested in going back over this - the decision is made. Get over it and I was happy to move on if I could have tested 8.90.6 from a USB. I couldn't so the question is what changed ?

However something seems to have happened as a consequence which prevents loading 8.90.6 which will effect a\ few people and so I for one want to know what the solution is so I can move on.

So does it require a return to stock or not, or does the issue lie elsewhere such as a faulty dtb ?

Shoog

• I am, surprisingly, not interested in going back over this - the decision is made. Get over it and I was happy to move on if I could have tested 8.90.6 from a USB. I couldn't so the question is what changed ?

However something seems to have happened as a consequence which prevents loading 8.90.6 which will effect a\ few people and so I for one want to know what the solution is so I can move on.

So does it require a return to stock or not, or does the issue lie elsewhere such as a faulty dtb ?

Shoog

Since I have no idea if your box is the problem or if it's something you did wrong when trying to install the first time, there is no way i can help you.

All i can do is clarify that if you install LE according to the given instructions, i't works fine on my Nexbox and My KI Pro. There is no way anyone else than your self can be hold responsible for the mess you have put yourself in.

• I am, surprisingly, not interested in going back over this - the decision is made. Get over it and I was happy to move on if I could have tested 8.90.6 from a USB. I couldn't so the question is what changed ?

Shoog

I'm not sure of KVIM2 works the same as other devices as I don't own one but if it is then burn the img.gz to a flash drive or sdcard and copy the kvim2 dtb from the device_trees folder on the newly burned flash/sd and boot up.

On the subject of the KVIM2 I would actually prefer this over a Mecool device and development boards will receive their own LE builds and I believe the KVIM2 will be part of that plan but don't hold me to that.

On another note you should really be posting your booting issues in another thread rather than hijacking this one.

• Since I have no idea if your box is the problem or if it's something you did wrong when trying to install the first time, there is no way i can help you.

All i can do is clarify that if you install LE according to the given instructions, i't works fine on my Nexbox and My KI Pro. There is no way anyone else than your self can be hold responsible for the mess you have put yourself in.

Not helpful or constructive.

I have a working 8.90.5 build on internal.

I can run 8.90.5 from a USB stick with Libreelec 8.90.5 also on internal. So there seems to be nothing wrong with the workings of my box or installation or my 8.90.5 installed USB strick.

The issue is that using the same setup and trying top run the 8.90.6 from the same USB fails. I have done nothing wrong. I used exactly the same procedure to install the 8.90.5 to the USB stick as I did to install the 8.90.6 onto the same USB stick. One works one fails. Tell me what I did wrong there ???

I have asked a simple question three times - is it necessary to return to a stock Android ROM to run LE 8.90.6 off a USB stick ?

Shoog

• Not helpful or constructive.

I have a working 8.90.5 build on internal.

I can run 8.90.5 from a USB stick with Libreelec 8.90.5 also on internal. So there seems to be nothing wrong with the workings of my box or installation or my 8.90.5 installed USB strick.

The issue is that using the same setup and trying top run the 8.90.6 from the same USB fails. I have done nothing wrong. I used exactly the same procedure to install the 8.90.5 to the USB stick as I did to install the 8.90.6 onto the same USB stick. One works one fails. Tell me what I did wrong there ???

I have asked a simple question three times - is it necessary to return to a stock Android ROM to run LE 8.90.6 off a USB stick ?

Shoog

I would suggest you move your questions to your own thread.

• I'm not sure of KVIM2 works the same as other devices as I don't own one but if it is then burn the img.gz to a flash drive or sdcard and copy the kvim2 dtb from the device_trees folder on the newly burned flash/sd and boot up.

Thats exactly what i did and it didn't boot. I created a 8.90.5 USB just to check if I had done anything wrong and it booted first time.

Since the other thread closed and the question is very specific to this version - this is the only place to ask short of opening a new thread.

I want to test this and I want to be constructive, but its hard when I can't get a simple response. Has anyone else tried to run this version on top of an internal older version and encountered similar issues ? If not then I have to look for other solutions.

Shoog

• After just updating (via tar) from 8.90.4 to 8.90.6 without issue, I wanted to pop in to the other thread to say thanks to GDPR-2 for his work.

Then with sadness I saw what has happened. This occurs far to often to devs in all manner of projects these days (I know, I am a dev too on other platforms).

I feel for the dev when they have to wade through all the trash which is not relative to most users, to find constructive feedback from testing. It's frustrating for many users too.

Whatever direction this goes, thanks to the dev(s) for all the solid work so far. :thumbup:

• For once I wish I could step back from the bleeding edge, but decisions by people developing hardware support mean I am stuck on the knife edge.

Go back to stock then step back from the bleeding edge. No decisions stop you doing that but your own :cool:

• To All you dev's out there! You have all my respect! And I am grateful for all your fine work!

...All I did, was to create a thread about a miner issue regarding disabling deinterlacing. I'm just glad it wasn't a serious bug;)