S905x support, what is needed?

• Have the Same Android TV Box. @Pulsar's Image works like a charm. Have installed LE on SD card and have been using for the past 24 hrs. Everything works for me except the IR remote that came with the box. But CEC works great with my LG 42" TV (1080p). I cannot vouch for 4K playback. But give this img a go and you won't be disapointed. Wifi works. installed transmission service and it works flawlessly. Both these guys, Pulsar & Kszaq and all the others who contributed to this LE build , I think this is some awesome work. These guys give the chinese boxes a new lease of life. The android 6.0 firmware that comes with these boxes is a nightmare to use.

OK, will do. Thanks a ton for your feedback.
    FYI, the install was flawless with the img file. Booted quickly into LE and I'm loading a build now.
    Thanks Pulsar.

Edited once, last by doggyofone (August 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM).

• nope. works via aml_autoscript / factory_update_param.aml on the a95x box. It boots into itsown android recovery and installs the zipfile next to the aml scripts.

Formatting the uSD and unzipping the .zip was indeed all that was needed, thanks for the hint!

• kszaq

test5 works on my M8S II box, including WiFi (2.4GHz), Ethernet, CEC, Bluetooth (detect my Mi band when BT enabled), and needless to mention the USB. Playback of 1080p and 4K x265 10bit contents has no problem, except first few seconds of 4K x265 video was blanked. Playback of 4K x264 videos, however, doesn't work (stay at UI). The 4K x264 contents could be played under alex's OpenELEC 6.95.3.2 on M18, not sure whether it was a hardware or software issue. All 4K contents were played on 1080p TV.

What surprised me was memory usage of this build is very low. After playback of 1080p x265 10bit movie, memory usage on my M8S II is 15% (2GB RAM/8GB ROM) and after interrupting playback of 4K x265 content, memory usage is only 16%. I have never seen such a low memory usage figure before. The box is populated with over 8000 entries of video library and using Xonfluence skin (i.e. not the Confluence skin).

Pity was I gave away all 1GB boxes I had and couldn't test this build on them. Memory usage is more important on those 1GB devices.

• pm_mickey Thanks for dmesg, I noticed 2 mistakes. Next build to test AP6255 (everything else = test5 build): s905x-ap6255

Observations while testing s905x-ap6255 build

- Wireless now works normaly (in both ranges 5GHz and 2.4GHz)
    - Bluetooth works normaly (paired with Bluetooth remote of Amazon FireTV 1)
    - USB HDD, and mouse works in both ports but stays powered in suspend (OFF mode)
    - HDMI CEC works (remote of TV controls KODI but device dont power on TV while booting, from android this works)

With dtb.img from stock android, system boots a little bit faster.

Excellent work.
    Thanks for help.

• pawnthep Here's yet another try at universal S905/X build, please test: s905x-test5

kszaq

This build is working great but with a minor problem. At first initialized, everything goes smoothly.

- But sometimes it still gets the same error screen (SH: can't access tty job...)
    - It happens randomly both when rebooting from NAND (with Pulsar's LE build installed) to sd card or rebooting from sd card (your build) to sd card, even from powering it off and on.

I will keep playing your build and report back if there is anything new.

Thanks for your support.

Ps. Do I still need to delete dtb.img from the sd card before first boot?

Edited once, last by pawnthep (August 27, 2016 at 1:25 AM).

• Maybe you are included also my wifi driver? KII pro, I mean...

Unfortunately not yet as this is not as simple as adding firmware and one line in text file to load it properly - your WiFi needs at least a new definition in driver, maybe more.

Can you post a dmesg | paste output collected immediately after boot from power off? I'd like to see if the kernel module is at least loaded for your chip.

wkchick Please post a link to a short sample that exhibits the issue so that I can test myself.

Edited once, last by kszaq (August 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM).

• Just installed my build on my A95X's NAND flash - working great. Did also test power off and power on via IR remote control, no issues here. So it appears to be safe (at least on the A95X) to install that build on the NAND flash.

Hello Pulsar, can you pls tell me the procedure to install it on Nand flash pls.
    i have black screen on death on recovery. i tried kzsaq file 006 version to install on my K1 plus s2 t2 box... during that process i semi bricked my box. now i cant enter into recovery and also my sd card booting is not working.

Can you help me revive my box pls ? i dont know what to do....

Any Help pls.... Thanks in Advance.
    [hr]

[hr]

It works for me too. (Nexbox A95X, 2/16 gb version)

Just installed your build on NAND and it's working great. Booting speed is very good too.

Thanks.

Can you explain your method of installation pls ? i have my bricked device K1 plus s2 t2.
    i cant get into Recovery and USB and SD Card are also not working...
    Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by plikmuny (August 27, 2016 at 9:02 AM).

• plikmuny This thread is about S905X devices and yours is S905. Your situation is explained in first post of 7.0.2.006 thread: you need an empty FAT32 formatted SD card with recovery.img and dtb.img from stock Android firmware. Then use toothpick to boot into recovery.