Posts by jasmas

Is there any difference between the img.gz builds you publish and the output of make image? For some reason when I put the image I build on an SD card it only boots to a black screen. I can see the initial boot and the creation of the storage partition, but then only black after that. But the images you're distributing work fine.

kszaq I was having trouble with the remote on a new S905X device & I traced it back to this:

LibreELEC.tv/remote-config at libreelec-8.0-sX05 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Is that substitution right? Or was it meant to substitute 28? 232 is the code used for 'OK' in the remote.conf my device is using which seems to support 3 different remotes. I'm not sure if the remote.conf itself came originally from your distribution or if your script pulled it off my device somehow, but code 38 is KEY_L which doesn't make much sense to me. 28 is subbed elsewhere and is KEY_ENTER which I've traditionally used for the 'OK' button.

I noticed another user asked about this specific device a while back and posted the remote.conf here.

Sound is also not working on this device at all. It is the SAMMIX R95 S905X device referenced in the post linked above. It has a single greyed out sound device in the system settings that references bluetooth, but I don't have bluetooth working for this device. What is the best way to go about troubleshooting this?

Code
    Anyone else experiencing random lockups with the 006 build? I'd be suprised if this is unique to my device because the way it shows up would imply some type of memory leak. 

Is there any additional debug logging anyone can recommend?

The broken pipe error I was seeing with sound I suspect may be related to wifi. I added some memory buffer to help it out, but when I was tuning I reduced the memory buffer down so low I just removed it again and then could not reproduce the problem. This is all on 006 build. 

Also noticed, related to sound, that by default in this build the audio output device is defaulted to AML-M8AUDIO:ANALOG (AML:@ in config file) and I also have available AML-M8AUDIO:HDMI (AML:HDMI in config file.) I wondered if the HDMI setting should not be the default?

Still getting random lock-ups which I could use some help to tshoot. Because the device completely freezes, it is difficult to grab dmesg and I'm not sure which logs would be most relivant. I disabled CEC which seemed to help some. I do suspect this is codec related. It tends to be triggered always shortly after switching from media playback then navigating the gui. Often there is a slight pause just on stopping a stream. But the lock-ups seem to occur 30 seconds or more after. After I've already navigated through a few screens.
    [hr]

Still getting random lock-ups which I could use some help to tshoot. Because the device completely freezes, it is difficult to grab dmesg and I'm not sure which logs would be most relivant. I disabled CEC which seemed to help some. I do suspect this is codec related. It tends to be triggered always shortly after switching from media playback then navigating the gui. Often there is a slight pause just on stopping a stream. But the lock-ups seem to occur 30 seconds or more after. After I've already navigated through a few screens.

Other than some log spam that's typical with the plugins I'm using, this is the only thing of note that appears often before the freeze:
    02:51:32 T:545762394336 ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/.png
    02:53:26 T:548078088416 ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover

I came across a M9C Pro S905X device which does not work with any of your test builds. I'm sending both a dtb I extracted from the boot.img using split_image.pl and a dts I created from the /proc/device-tree. I'm not sure which is better or if it matters.

Scratch that. I just tried your release download and to be sure it works just fine with my dtb.img. Something must have went wrong applying the diff to your tree.