LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

• No, I personally use no paid services at all on tx3 or any other box, so no netflix, amazon, zattoo-Premium or elsewhat here. The few live-tv-channels I need occasionally I get via zattoo basic and/or 7live-tv addons in Kodi. Most files I play are on 1tb external hdd(formatted ext4, but ext2 without journaling would be even some milliseconds faster), from 4tb in nas or Radiostreams via radio or somafm addons.. and because nand is so fast compared to pendrives or cards I prefer libre there with the mass of files to load-and the change in a existing dual boot rom is pretty easy and done in under 10 minute

• @coolest

I found the issue it was this:

IF YOU CHANGE VFD.CONF FILES YOU HAVE TO RUN THE "sh uninstall.sh" THEN "sh install.sh" WITH THE NEW VFD.CONF FILE.

I do actually now have another problem. I can't change the clock in the display. I changed it in android AFTER i ran the sh install.sh command.

Do you have to set the clock in android first then run the command??

• kodiuser1

Android has nothing to do with the OpenVFD/FD628 driver in LE.

If you change a config file, the driver needs to be restarted, yes - you can reinstall it or just restart the box.

I don't understand what you mean by "can't change the clock". The time displayed is the system time, you shouldn't have to change anything in the driver, just make sure that the system time is set correctly on your box (in Kodi).

• kodiuser1

Android has nothing to do with the OpenVFD/FD628 driver in LE.

If you change a config file, the driver needs to be restarted, yes - you can reinstall it or just restart the box.

I don't understand what you mean by "can't change the clock". The time displayed is the system time, you shouldn't have to change anything in the driver, just make sure that the system time is set correctly on your box (in Kodi).

The current time here is 15:45 MST

The time on my Kodi is 15:45

The time on my Android side says 3:45PM

The time on my display says 21:45

I tried restarting the box after changing the vfd.conf file and nothing changed. Only when I uninstalled and reinstalled the command via ssh did it change.

• I have an important question if I use another bootable SD cards with LE for testing and running both newer and/or older firmware builds on my TX9 Pro box. So now that I have moved the storage to internal memory, what will happen when I change the bootable SD card for a different one that has previously been used, which of course will still have the on-card original storage partition labelled LIBREELEC_DISK. Whcih one will Libreelec use at bootup when seeing two separate partitions both with the same LIBREELEC-DISK label ?? If it tries to use both (doubtful) won't that cause some data corruptions or even a crash. If it uses just the internal storage memory then it will be the wrong strorage area without the settings and add-ons needed for the different bootable SD card's I want to use. Have not tried it yet as I do not want to corrupt my new internal storage partition for my LE 8.2.5 422 Chroma 10 bit firmware build but would appreicate an answer if anyone knows. Probably our good freind The Coolest will have am easy answer.

Sure I can simply on my PC remove the SD card big second partition label manually to "" but this is not the answer if I want to boot into and retain the storage area settings and addons on the SD card for this differetn sd card set up ??

• RayW

This isn't really on topic with the thread, so I don't want to go into much detail on this issue here. I personally never used that method of working with LE. As I see it, you'll have two partitions with the same name, and I don't know Linux well enough to know what will happen in that case. Better ask the question in the relevant thread.

• Hi Coolest.

I got a Magicsee Tvbox s905x whith a lcd panel.

The lcd chip is FD655s.

Can you help for working lcd panel?

I send yo original android dtb and a pic of the chip..

Current in 8.2.5 Chroma Wxrtaxy_kzasq.

Thanks in avance.

magicsee.zip

• miankel

Could you take a picture of the display so that I can see what icons it has?

Also, what's the full model number of the box? Is it the N5?

I suggest you follow the installation instructions and use the DTBs in this post, and test the attached VFD config. But I can't provide support for builds that may not have an up to date driver.

• Sholander

Make sure that you use the X92 DTB. Index of /releases/dtb/S912

Edit: As far as I'm aware, the main difference between Q201 and Q200 is the ethernet connection (100M vs 1G).

[8.90.4] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

gxm_q200_3g_x92.dtb should get the clock working,

Hi,

I'm searching for the right gxm_q200_3g_x92.dtb file but the link is broken. I have found one version file in my laptop, then install the OpenVFD service, config the vfd.conf, reboot then but the display doesn't work. Where could I find it?