Minix u9-H Remote setup for Logitech Harmony

• Guys,

Got a new Minix U9-H, loaded with libreelec and going good so far. Last item I think is the remote. The basic remote does not have FF, RWD, Chan UP or DN on the remote. The Harmony has the keys programmed but they dont work. The keymap addon does not see those keys at all. I was able to make the play pause work using the addon. Any idea for the other keys? Thanks.

• Thanks for the quick response. It is really appreciated. I tried to follow the guide, however when I execute the command for testing, the first couple lines come up with errors. Am I missing something? Thanks again.

LibreELEC:~ # remotecfg /storage/.config/testremote.conf

config file has not supported parameter:factory_code =0xbd020001

config file has not supported parameter:work_mode =0

config file has not supported parameter:repeat_enable =1

curpara:repeat_delay 00000064

curpara:repeat_peroid 00000064

config file has not supported parameter:release_delay =100

config file has not supported parameter:debug_enable =1

KEYMAP_LEVEL: ircode = 0xe3, keycode = 30

KEYMAP_LEVEL: ircode = 0xd8, keycode = 70

• Thank you wrxtasy and dodo95. I am beyond grateful. Not sure what was wrong with my file that I transferred to the device since the beginning looks the same, but dodo's file works perfectly. It appears I may now have the perfect libreelec device with 4K HDR capability. Thanks to both of you
    for your quick response. One last question. Do the video settings in the android menu have any effect on the device when booting libreelec via the microsd slot?

• If that can help, this is the remote.conf I use with my minix u9-h under libreelec with my logitech harmony. I program the logitech with device Minix NEO U9-H (multimedia computer) and everything work well under Libreelec AND Android.

** The only way I can attach the file is when I rename it ".txt" Just rename it to remote.conf and your on business

• I have Harmony 515 set as pivos xios and here is my remote.conf and remote.xml for LibreELEC 8.x.

For LibreELEC 8.90.4 i use Harmony as Microsoft Media Center remote.

remote.conf

remote.xml

Does Microsoft Media Center Remote work out of the Box? For 8.90.4 I created a mapping for pivos xios (posted in 8.90.4 thread), but out of the box would be nicer :)

• Yes it does.

To "power on" the box you must "learn IR command" from original remote.

Power off works out of the box.

You need to configure the MCE to have a separate command for power on and power off.

You can do other tweaks through remote.xml

• Hi all,

I'm not winning in my attempts to get the Harmony 650 working with the Minix u9-h, running the latest Libreelec wrxtasy build.

I've tried all the remote.conf files mentioned here with various results. And the guide linked at the top of the thread.

Some work with most of the keys, but won't power off the device. Some don't work at all.

I've been using the device "Pivos XIOS DS Media" within the Harmony setup for most of the testing.

If that can help, this is the remote.conf I use with my minix u9-h under libreelec with my logitech harmony. I program the logitech with device Minix NEO U9-H (multimedia computer) and everything work well under Libreelec AND Android.

** The only way I can attach the file is when I rename it ".txt" Just rename it to remote.conf and your on business

mike2002 Is that definitely the name of the device you used in the Harmony setup? "Minix NEO U9-H (multimedia computer)" I get a few hits for Minix devices but nothing related to the u9-h.

Anyone out there got the Harmony 650 paired up and working with the u9-h?

Sorry to being up an older thread but it still looks to be relevant. thanks all!

• Hi Linds,

I try to help you because I also helped someone else who maybe was having same problem:

1. First, I assume you are using Libreelec 8.2.4.x or CoreElec 8.90.4+

2. Those versions have built-in suport for a number of devices, including from minix and mecool.

3. Now, as happened with another user, because he tried to setup his device with Pivos XIOS -> he messed up the built-in remote support for those other devices. I mean that the changes you made to support the Pivos, maybe BROKE the ability to work with other remotes. As I understand, that other user had to undo the changes he made for Pivos (or maybe he did a full installation from scratch) in order to be able to setup other remotes.

My recomendation for you, which is what I did and I think it doesn't matter which device you have:

1. Do fresh install without modifications for remote (use the correct dtb as per the instructions for the versions above)

2. Add in Harmony the following device: Manufacturer: "MECOOL", Model: "Kiii Pro". This is what I use, even though my device is not even mecool. I believe in Harmony the Mecool Kiii Pro has the best range of buttons

I am not sure if the POWER button will work perfectly in my instructions because sometimes that's special. So if problem with power button, try using the power button on your original device's remote control.

• Hi DrNicos  mike2002

Thank you both for the info.

I firstly tried starting clean, and gave the MECOOL device a go. Firstly I had to program the power off/on toggle with the original remote. But once in Kodi, no buttons worked at all.

So onto the next method, adding the Minix NEO U9-H as a device into the Harmony remote. I can't believe I couldn't find the damn thing before. I was using all sorts of search strings, but in hindsight, not the most obvious one!

Anyways- once configured with this device in the Harmony activity, I could power on and off OK. Various keys didn't work though, like play/pause, page up/down. Most of them I programmed with the Keymapper add-on in Kodi.

What was throwing me off though was 2 buttons in particular that were very stubborn. Info and Guide.Leaving them with their default config from the Harmony setup just wasn't working, Kodi and even the Keymapper addon itself just wouldn't recognise them.

I ended up running Kodi in debug mode and seeing in the error logs, that long story short, the particular codes that they were pushing to Kodi wasn't recognised by the kernel. So for "Guide" and "Info", in the Harmony software, I re-mapped them to a couple of random number keys, "6" and "4". Then via the Keymapper addon, remapped them to the relevant "Info" and "Guide (for my case, codec info) functions.

• glad you found solution. interesting trick with the random number keys

i was just thinking that maybe reason original guide and info arent working is because they don't exist on original u9h remote. I just googled an image of the u9h remote, and i don't see an info or guide button on it.