Posts by DrNicos

Thanks Sholander for the advice, I'll keep in mind, although currently even though gui is less smooth, it doesn't bother me that much, i prefer not risk higher temp (i'm keeping the box in an enclosed cabinet).

I note however that when I was using Libreelec 8.2.4.1, I didn't enable the overclock gpu option, but still the gui was smoother than now with CE.

Hi RayW,

You write long posts :)

Glad to see you worked out your ethernet problems.

I have a Vorke Z6 Plus, which I think is closely related to your box too. I can report that I had similar problem with this version Libreelec 8.2.4.1, whereby I had freezing while browsing the GUI, but NOT while watching videos.

I never really found the source of the problem, but I think the freezes were worse if I: 1) switched on the weather add-on, 2) enabled some of the pretty screen savers, and 3) switched skins from estuary.

I think the freezing was caused by overheating which is common in our boxes: I was thinking about adding cooling fans or changing the heatsink, but I was afraid.

In the end, I never fully solved the problem, so I switched to CoreElec 8.90.4. Since then I don't have freezing problems. BUT I think that Libreelec 8.2.4.1 was actually a smoother user experience than Corelec, I mean navigating through menus, scrolling the GUI, etc was smoother in Libreelec (except for when it crashed of course!)

Hi Linds,

I try to help you because I also helped someone else who maybe was having same problem:

1. First, I assume you are using Libreelec 8.2.4.x or CoreElec 8.90.4+

2. Those versions have built-in suport for a number of devices, including from minix and mecool.

3. Now, as happened with another user, because he tried to setup his device with Pivos XIOS -> he messed up the built-in remote support for those other devices. I mean that the changes you made to support the Pivos, maybe BROKE the ability to work with other remotes. As I understand, that other user had to undo the changes he made for Pivos (or maybe he did a full installation from scratch) in order to be able to setup other remotes.

My recomendation for you, which is what I did and I think it doesn't matter which device you have:

1. Do fresh install without modifications for remote (use the correct dtb as per the instructions for the versions above)

2. Add in Harmony the following device: Manufacturer: "MECOOL", Model: "Kiii Pro". This is what I use, even though my device is not even mecool. I believe in Harmony the Mecool Kiii Pro has the best range of buttons

I am not sure if the POWER button will work perfectly in my instructions because sometimes that's special. So if problem with power button, try using the power button on your original device's remote control.

Hm, I just posted my answer to a similar question in another post, so I'll copy it here:

I believe it's a bug in the 8.2.4.X version.

It happens where you try to play a movie that is in a folder shared on the network by SMB (Samba).

I've seen 3 possible solutions:

1. (the easiest which is what I do) Use network sharing system NFS instead of SMB

2. Something about storing the subtitle files in a special subtitle folder, separate from where the movie is located. You'll have to search the forums, I don't remember exactly how that works, but theres a libreelec setting about subtitle folders I think.

3. Something about the "Version" of SMB. Apparently SMB has versions which is an advanced setting. I've also seen this somewhere in the folders but I'm not sure if it's an advanced setting of Libreelec, or where the movie is located (like a Windows setting, or a NAS setting)

I believe it's a bug in the 8.2.4.X version.

It happens where you try to play a movie that is in a folder shared on the network by SMB (Samba).

I've seen 3 possible solutions:

1. (the easiest which is what I do) Use network sharing system NFS instead of SMB

2. Something about storing the subtitle files in a special subtitle folder, separate from where the movie is located. You'll have to search the forums, I don't remember exactly how that works, but theres a libreelec setting about subtitle folders I think.

3. Something about the "Version" of SMB. Apparently SMB has versions which is an advanced setting. I've also seen this somewhere in the folders but I'm not sure if it's an advanced setting of Libreelec, or where the movie is located (like a Windows setting, or a NAS setting)

hi there

i have a problem with a mecool m8s pro+ where the ethernet at the back does not work anymore.. only have wifi and it is so so slow.

did you manage to find a usb to ethernet adapter that works..

if so can you tell me which one

thank youi

Hi Normy,

Just to let you know of a problem I had with Mecool M8S pro ethernet port:

Surprisingly it wouldn't work when I plugged it into some of my routers. But it would work with others.

You said "ethernet at the back does not work anymore", try to plug into other routers or hubs, it might solve your problem. Actually what I did is I put a hub next to the MeCool, between the router and the mecool, and that worked.