LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• If you use 98-eventlircd.rules as HiassofT said before than it recognize remote as keyboard and you can use keyboard maps

For me it works

Just to make sure: do i still need to set up my remote in rc_keymaps with assigned letters to my buttons (KEY_A, KEY_B etc.) ?

• Just to make sure: do i still need to set up my remote in rc_keymaps with assigned letters to my buttons (KEY_A, KEY_B etc.) ?

0x7076b KEY_C
    See my example in post LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Lircmap.xml and keymaps.xml are optional and can be configured only for incorrect buttons or for you desires(in my example this buttons marked as new). See also example in post LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• Here are the config files for the following three devices:

Sunvell T95X:sunvell.txt

Thank you tavoc, used the T95X on a T95V Pro remote. Works after Unix EOL conversion in Notepad++.

Throwing this out there - not really a LE concern, but Many of my remote codes for my LE box also are used for the Roku (TCL) TV I have. ie, vol down in LE/kodi is mute on the TV, etc. Any ideas on how to solve this? sure i can move the LE keys around, but they still hit Kodi/TV when i hit those impacted keys (the vol down Kodi and mute on TV is a real pain). Thanks

• Can anyone upload config to mecool m8s pro+ ?

Mecool M8S Pro+ is remote config is included on this build (as stated on the first post). I've only added a rule to run 'ir-ctl -t 30000' at boot to have better response from rapid keypresses (someone gave the instructions some posts before this one).

• can someone please share their T95Z Plus or T95U Pro for me 9.0 .... ? I have tried to make it so please don't tell me to read the first post ... I just want someone to share theirs

• Also I use ir-keytable -D 525 -P 135  for delays, you can test your own delays

And ir-ctl -t 45000 for release button delay

Everything saved in autostart.sh file so after reboot all settings are used :)

Sorry for a rather basic question. I like to go through pages pretty quick, and use time skip often (repeat right arrow) during viewing. But with the setting above, when i click the arrows fast (ie, 4x) some are missed (ie 3x are recognized). what variable and which direction would i go to help resolve this? I have also lowered each of the above, and still has the behavior. Thank you.

• Sorry for a rather basic question. I like to go through pages pretty quick, and use time skip often (repeat right arrow) during viewing. But with the setting above, when i click the arrows fast (ie, 4x) some are missed (ie 3x are recognized). what variable and which direction would i go to help resolve this? I have also lowered each of the above, and still has the behavior. Thank you.

ir-ctl timeout is important, but if you use a NEC protocol remote presses quicker than 4 times a second (250ms) won't be recognized as distinct repeats - NEC protocol doesn't have a toggle bit like rc-5 or rc-6/MCE protocols. Use an rc-5 or rc-6/MCE remote if you want better response to quickly repeated button presses.

so long,

Hias

• ir-ctl timeout is important, but if you use a NEC protocol remote presses quicker than 4 times a second (250ms) won't be recognized as distinct repeats - NEC protocol doesn't have a toggle bit like rc-5 or rc-6/MCE protocols. Use an rc-5 or rc-6/MCE remote if you want better response to quickly repeated button presses.

so long,

Hias

Ok, thanks for the education. using remote.conf was smooth in this regard. I do use NEC so will tinker more with settings, or just have to chill out a bit on the clicker.

• Hello

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
    /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

What could it mean in fresh LE 8.90.2?

All files in proper places, all they and DTB was cheked with 8.90.4, and all was fine (except stability..)

Thank you

• Hello

Code

All files in proper places, all they and DTB was cheked with 8.90.4, and all was fine (except stability..)

Thank you

For 8.90.2 you need to use old dtb and old remote.conf

• Hello

Code

Thank you

The whole remote setup changed between those two versions. What worked for 8.90.2 will not work for 8.90.4 - Guaranteed. The change is well documented in the introduction post to 8.90.4

Stephen

• The whole remote setup changed between those two versions. What worked for 8.90.2 will not work for 8.90.4 - Guaranteed. The change is well documented in the introduction post to 8.90.4

Stephen

Thank you, Stephen!

But now this already not actual for me, because 8.90.2 seems also not stable enought... So, i'm going deeper and deeper back to find more stable release... Up to now all recent Amlogic Kodi releases have one common bug with WebServer (it works bad if remote HTTP-control connection used during long time). Maybe problem in linux core, i dont know.