Beelink Mini MXIII Remote Config

• Anyone know how to disable the suspend on the beelink remote? While LE is running i would like the power button not to do anything, I would still like to turn it on when you power it off but just not to do anything when Kodi is running.

I find the suspend feature does not really work and sometimes freezes the box requring me to pull the plug. Build 004 seems to handle well but still freezes but build 005 freezes very often when waking up from suspend.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 1, 2016 at 1:15 AM).

• Anyone know how to disable the suspend on the beelink remote? While LE is running i would like the power button not to do anything, I would still like to turn it on when you power it off but just not to do anything when Kodi is running.

I find the suspend feature does not really work and sometimes freezes the box requring me to pull the plug. Build 004 seems to handle well but still freezes but build 005 freezes very often when waking up from suspend.

Change it to something else in remote.conf (in /storage/.config) - or just removing the entry altogether in remote.conf should work.
    That won't affect switching on - LE isn't running when it's off, the power-on is hard-coded to the box.
    I'm using a Harmony with a pivos remote.conf on my minimxiii - the power-on code is still the one from the original remote and power-toggle on the pivos makes it sleep (which seems to be working reliably for me on 005).

• I'm not sure which key that would be and there is no remote.conf in the config folder do to the fact it was automaticaly added to the firmware from android. I will add a the remote.conf manually once i figure out which key is for the power.

• Is it in your flash partition? IIRC the first time I booted one of kszaq's builds it copied my remote.conf from android to /flash.

you are right, this was copied directly from Android during install, orgional MXIII 107L1 firmware.
    I mounted flash as RW and uploaded by modified conf with the power key disabled in LE. The button is now useless in LE but still powers on the box, shutdown, reboot etc still work from Kodi Power menu.

Adding the remote.conf for anyone looking to do the same, I have outlined each button on the remote so people know what each key is.

• Better yet I remapped the power button to the Kodi Power menu using the below code, and saved as keyboard.xml. Kszaq maybe make that the default for all boxes?

Here are some more key id's, just replace the text between the brackets >< with a proper command. Right now it just tells you what each button is.

<key id="61622">home</key>
    <key id="61656">menu</key>
    <key id="61467">back</key>
    <key id="61453">ok</key>
    <key id="61624">vol-</key>
    <key id="61625">vol+</key>
    <key id="61662">power</key>

Code
    <global>
      <mouse>
       </mouse>
        <keyboard>
           <key id="61662">XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</key> 
        </keyboard>
      </global>

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 1, 2016 at 1:30 AM).

• Hi,
    Would it possible to enable a key to shut down Kodi , not LibreELEC, when it freezes, so we won't have to get up and unplug the box? I had a Zoomtak T8 box that could do that.
    This would be a nice feature to have on a remote control, I think.
    Thank you very much.

• Hi,
    Would it possible to enable a key to shut down Kodi , not LibreELEC, when it freezes, so we won't have to get up and unplug the box? I had a Zoomtak T8 box that could do that.
    This would be a nice feature to have on a remote control, I think.
    Thank you very much.

I don't quite understand, you want a button to kill the kodi.bin process but keep LE running?

What would be the point of that other than running commands over ssh. When the box freezes for me it recovers after a few minutes or it crashs completely meaning i can't even use ssh at which point the ONLY solution is to get up and pull the cable.

What i have done with the raspi is setup a batch script that would restart the kodi process if kodi hanged and ssh was still accessible.

But you cant remap a key this way even if it where possible coz the keymaps are done in kodi so if kodi is frozen the keymaps mean nothing.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 4, 2016 at 7:57 PM).

• I don't quite understand, you want a button to kill the kodi.bin process but keep LE running?

What would be the point of that other than running commands over ssh. When the box freezes for me it recovers after a few minutes or it crashs completely meaning i can't even use ssh at which point the ONLY solution is to get up and pull the cable.

What i have done with the raspi is setup a batch script that would restart the kodi process if kodi hanged and ssh was still accessible.

But you cant remap a key this way even if it where possible coz the keymaps are done in kodi so if kodi is frozen the keymaps mean nothing.

I understand it takes about 8 minutes for the box to recover itself. To me that's a long time. I prefer killing kodi and restarting it. I used to do this under android with a zoomtak box. I don't know if it's possible to do it under libreELEC. It was very convenient, to say the least, but I don't know how the guys at Zoomtak did it. I know it worked.
    [hr]

It is better to find out why it freezes.

Gerald

That would be the best solution indeed, but not much progress has been made toward finding it. OpenELEC for arm devices has the same problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    My 2gb/16gb boxes very rarely freeze, it's the 1gb ones that freeze all the time.

Edited once, last by Majorero (August 4, 2016 at 11:51 PM).

• I understand it takes about 8 minutes for the box to recover itself. To me that's a long time. I prefer killing kodi and restarting it. I used to do this under android with a zoomtak box. I don't know if it's possible to do it under libreELEC. It was very convenient, to say the least, but I don't know how the guys at Zoomtak did it. I know it worked.
    [hr]

That would be the best solution indeed, but not much progress has been made toward finding it. OpenELEC for arm devices has the same problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    My 2gb/16gb boxes very rarely freeze, it's the 1gb ones that freeze all the time.

With android your killing the app that runs on top of the OS, with LE you can't do that because essentially kodi is the OS. The OS is what controls the remote.

The only way to get around this is using ssh and use the below command, you can do this on your phone or tablet etc. This is of course if ssh is still working.

Code
    systemctl restart kodi

• Change it to something else in remote.conf (in /storage/.config) - or just removing the entry altogether in remote.conf should work.
    That won't affect switching on - LE isn't running when it's off, the power-on is hard-coded to the box.

I have Minix A2 lite remote for Beelink MiniMXIII box. Power on from suspend is not working with A2 lite. If it is possible can you give me some advice how to change remote.conf to make power on with a2 lite working? Thank you!

Beelink original remote:

A2 lite remote:

• I have Minix A2 lite remote for Beelink MiniMXIII box. Power on from suspend is not working with A2 lite. If it is possible can you give me some advice how to change remote.conf to make power on with a2 lite working? Thank you!

As I understand it the only way you can power-on is to use the original remote - nothing to do with remote.conf.
    If you're using a Harmony or other programmable remote you can copy the power signal from the original (which is what I do).
    Might be wrong though - I'm still trying to get to grips with amremote.

• @troggy On some boxes I've seen u-boot adapting to power key code from userspace somehow and I was able to power on the box by any remote from u-boot sleep. Unfortunately in most of the cases you can only power on by original remote, like you said.

• @troggy On some boxes I've seen u-boot adapting to power key code from userspace somehow and I was able to power on the box by any remote from u-boot sleep. Unfortunately in most of the cases you can only power on by original remote, like you said.

Interesting. I've really struggled to find any documentation on how amremote actually works, so lots of trial and error going on here. I have a pivos Harmony profile working pretty well, still struggling a bit with key repeats - I can get around those by mapping <longpress> to the same function as a single press in keyboard.xml, but it's a big faff.

• you are right, this was copied directly from Android during install, orgional MXIII 107L1 firmware.
    I mounted flash as RW and uploaded by modified conf with the power key disabled in LE. The button is now useless in LE but still powers on the box, shutdown, reboot etc still work from Kodi Power menu.

Adding the remote.conf for anyone looking to do the same, I have outlined each button on the remote so people know what each key is.

Could you tell me where to drop the remote conf file please? I've installed le from a screwed nand so now the remote doesn't work :(
    Cheers
    Gaz

Edited once, last by gazrob (September 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM).

• Gentlemen,

I just ran through this because I had the same issue but the cause is different. My Toshiba TV had a Viera link that automatically turns off all devices. I needed to turn it off, it had nothing to do with remote.

Many TV's have a similar function to power off HDMI connected device so make sure the function is off.