Can't See WORKGROUP

• I can't see widows shares in widows WORKGROUP any more running Kodi/LE on a wetek play one.

What would the share path look like doing it manually? smb://192.168.1.1/drive/folder?

Thanks!

• Nothing works.

I am not editing any files.

You have you've reasons, but you've screwed things up where usability is concerned.

I might as well drop streaming boxes as usability is going backwards.

• Code
    <sources>
        <video>
            <default pathversion="1"></default>
            <source>
                <name>SOURCE_NAME</name>
                <path pathversion="1">smb://user:password@SERVER/SHARE/FOLDER/</path>
                <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
            </source>
        </video>
    </sources>

^ that is how something looks in sources.xml .. I find editing the file directly is faster than figuring out things in the GUI.

• Nothing works.

I am not editing any files.

You have you've reasons, but you've screwed things up where usability is concerned.

I might as well drop streaming boxes as usability is going backwards.

There is a learning curve associated with Libreelec and Kodi. If you're not willing to learn, then it's your loss. By the way, your Windows Shares must now be password protected in order for the new SMB / Samba path to work. I was stumped until I asked for help here. Good Luck !

• There is a learning curve associated with Libreelec and Kodi. If you're not willing to learn, then it's your loss. By the way, your Windows Shares must now be password protected in order for the new SMB / Samba path to work. I was stumped until I asked for help here. Good Luck !

We just went from win 7 to win 3.1 with the networking.

Why don't we just fiddle with IRQs, DMA, and COM ports again?

version 17, right? lol

been using streaming boxes since WDTV

been using KODI since early XBMC

I built my second computer, a 486DX

thanks for your support though

• WarpLover :

I somewhat agree to Your comments...

It's defectively NOT user-friendly in any way to be forced to use a separate computer to access Your media player via SSH console and 'hack' some obscure text files ...

That's anything but user-friendly. Especially if You don't have the basic skills.

I'd like to call that close to nerdy.

For me (personal opinion!) that's one point where there is a massive area for huge improvements.

On the other hand: It's free and nobody forces You to choose LE, there are quite many commercial options to choose between...

• No we have not mucked anything up. These are microsoft's choices, not ours.

• There is a learning curve associated with Libreelec and Kodi. If you're not willing to learn, then it's your loss. By the way, your Windows Shares must now be password protected in order for the new SMB / Samba path to work. I was stumped until I asked for help here. Good Luck !

You're lucky then - No-one wanted to help me. I had top search around to find something that worked, and when I posted it here I was told that it was the wrong way to do it.

• I am not sure how three people responding constitutes "no one wanted to help me". That seems rather ungrateful to those poor wretches who spent their time trying to help you. I am new to LE, and having trouble finding the share myself - fortunately one of those poor wretches mentioned previously had a very useful comment. "I'm quite sure that You can solve that issue by looking at LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.2.0 RELEASE – LibreELEC, scroll down to "!!! SAMBA / SMB CHANGES !!!" and looking carefully at the last four bullets."

Reading is FUNdaMENTAL.