Can Access SMB from WIndows, But Cannot from Linux

• Hi,

Running LibreElec 8.2.0 on Asus Chromebox and can easily access all SMB folders from my Windows 10 machine. However, I cannot access LibreElec SMB folders using Linux Mint 18.2 x64.

Google searching led me to some people amending /etc/samba/samba.conf on Linux Mint to include below under [global]:

protocol = SMB2

I've done this (unless I did it wrong), but I still cannot access SMB folders. /shrug

Can someone please help me resolve this?

• Here's what the samba.conf file currently reads:

• Running the following command allowed me to see the shares. Now, how do I access them in GUI?

• Samba versions before 4.7 default to making NT1 (SMB1) connections and since 8.1.0 our embedded Samba server only speaks SMB2+

Remove "protocol = SMB2" because this is a server configuration item that has no effect on smbclient. You need to set this instead:

Code
    client min protocol = SMB2

This assumes the version of Samba installed on Mint is 4.1+ to support SMB2. It will also 'break' connectivity with anything else in your network that can only speak SMB1 as the client is now forced to SMB2 or higher.

This should not be required once the version of Samba installed in Mint is 4.7+