How to install LE on internal HDD/SSD

• Sorry for the dumb question but I could not find clear instructions how to install Libreelec on an internal drive.

There is a very detailed manual how to use the USB creator, however no any word nor instructions what to do with the USB media created.

I would like to help a friend of mine and he states that his PC boots form the USB stick directly to LE. No option to install on internal drive.

:?:

• Create the USB .. boot from it and unless you hit the keyboard in the first few seconds to start temp/permanent 'live' (run from USB) modes it will start the installer GUI which asks you to pick a storage device (i.e. internal drive) to install to.

• Thanks. Would be nice to describe it in the wiki as well.

I agree. It does make a change, that somebody actually reads the wiki before posting a question.

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 665

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.95.2 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.2 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

:)

• also to write on nand-Flash on Amlogic Devices is not in Wiki...

- KIII Box, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, LE 8.2.3.1 on internal - TVH-Frontend

- KII Pro Box, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, LE 8.2.3.1 on internal - TVH-Backend/Frontend

• I hope it is ok to ask on this thread because after reading through it, I have a question.

Is it possible to install LibreELEC on the Amlogic devices? Does the installation occur the same way as listed above? I ask because I have a one of those Kodi boxes (full of bloat crap) that I would like to install LibreELEC on.

• Choose the device type from here [INDEX] LibreELEC community builds for Amlogic

then READ the instructions

basically, write the image to a sd or usb add the correct device tree, & reboot the box

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 665

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.95.2 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.2 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

:)