How to install LE on internal HDD/SSD

• Sorry for the dumb question but I could not find clear instructions how to install Libreelec on an internal drive.

There is a very detailed manual how to use the USB creator, however no any word nor instructions what to do with the USB media created.

I would like to help a friend of mine and he states that his PC boots form the USB stick directly to LE. No option to install on internal drive.

:?:

• Create the USB .. boot from it and unless you hit the keyboard in the first few seconds to start temp/permanent 'live' (run from USB) modes it will start the installer GUI which asks you to pick a storage device (i.e. internal drive) to install to.

• Thanks. Would be nice to describe it in the wiki as well.

I agree. It does make a change, that somebody actually reads the wiki before posting a question.

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) 8.2.2.3 from usb1 & 9.90.6 from usb2

:)

• also to write on nand-Flash on Amlogic Devices is not in Wiki...

- KIII Box, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, LE 8.2.3.1 on internal - TVH-Frontend

- KII Pro Box, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash, LE 8.2.3.1 on internal - TVH-Backend/Frontend

• I hope it is ok to ask on this thread because after reading through it, I have a question.

Is it possible to install LibreELEC on the Amlogic devices? Does the installation occur the same way as listed above? I ask because I have a one of those Kodi boxes (full of bloat crap) that I would like to install LibreELEC on.

• Choose the device type from here [INDEX] LibreELEC community builds for Amlogic

then READ the instructions

basically, write the image to a sd or usb add the correct device tree, & reboot the box

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) 8.2.2.3 from usb1 & 9.90.6 from usb2

:)