Posts by bc320

When I move about in Kodi, scrolling through media or from one setting screen to another, I am getting horizontal lines sometimes. It is like part of the screen is slow. I am using a Pi4 with 4gb RAM to run LE on. I have nothing but LE running on it.

This seems to have started after I loaded some media into my libraries.

From what I understand Linux is the underlying OS for LibreElec. As well as the underlying OS for Retropie. When I was working with Retropie I had to do something (can't remember exactly) within the OS to ensure the path to the external HDD was always the same. USB -0 (I think was it) instead of sometimes USB -1 and next time USB -0. If mount changes, goes from -0 to -1, then the path the application, Kodi in this case, uses to find the data doesn't work.

I don't work with linux much so maybe the syntax of my description of what I want is wrong. in my example I was replacing the windows drive letter of D with Media to help illustrate what I want to happen.

In windows, as an example, my external HDD is always D if it is the only attached drive. So all the paths I create in Kodi always are D: And this remains until I mess up and attach another drive that ends up as D.

If I am understanding you correctly, LE does the same thing. I labeled the disk as MEDIA. So all paths in Kodi will start with MEDIA and as long as it is the only drive attached on boot these paths remain.

Do I have to do anything special with LibreElec to make sure an external HDD is mounted along the same path every time the Pi boots? When I was working with Retropie I had to. I need to make sure the paths in kodi don't change. This Pi will be turned off and on, it will not remain on all the time.

I made a mistake when entering my Wi-Fi password and now I can't seem to change it. When I select my network my only options are to connect or cancel. I found directions and how to do so if I use SSH or samba but I am looking for a very simple method that does not require additional hardware or software.

I'm going to be giving this to my parents and they won't be able to do anything more technical where it's going to be located. They need to be able to make the device forget the current password so they can enter a new one from within the software.

I am thinking I'm going to put together a Raspberry Pi 4 with libreelec for my parents. I'm looking for suggestions on an input device that has very good reliability and is simple. I won't be able to run over to their house to fix stuff if something goes wrong.

The box containing the Pi will be on the entertainment center with nothing blocking it, however the pi itself will be in 2mm thick plastic.

I have a wireless air mouse that works on windows. I wonder if it will work on the Pi. Also, wondering if the CEC is an option.

I am thinking of buying a 2nd Pi 4 amd running librelec with Kodi on it. The Pi4 has on board bluetooth. If all install is libreELEC can I use a bluetooth controller or keyboard with it or do I need to do further modifications

This will be attached to a Roku tv. If the bluetooth mouse is not an option can I use the CEC option on my tv?

I see that Librelec now works on a Raspberry pi 4. I currently have a nightly build of Retropie on my Pi4 . I am wondering if I can something like the below.

Boot the Pi

Select either LirreELEC and KODI or Retropie as the OS.

Finish Boot.

From menu select reboot and end up at the select screen.

Also wondering if I get a controller to connect via bluetooth with Retropie will it then work with LibreELEC as well?