[8.90.11a] LibreELEC 9.x for S912

• Have you upgraded TVH from LE repository?

Code
    17:37:54.616 T:3826242384  NOTICE: PVR Manager: Starting
    17:37:54.709 T:3589141328  NOTICE: PVR Manager: Started
    17:37:54.710 T:3553612624   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command getDiskSpace failed: Unable to stat path
    17:37:54.711 T:3553612624   ERROR: PVR - GetDriveSpace - addon 'Tvheadend:127.0.0.1:9982' returned an error: server error
  • Have you upgraded TVH from LE repository?

Code
    17:37:54.616 T:3826242384  NOTICE: PVR Manager: Starting
    17:37:54.709 T:3589141328  NOTICE: PVR Manager: Started
    17:37:54.710 T:3553612624   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command getDiskSpace failed: Unable to stat path
    17:37:54.711 T:3553612624   ERROR: PVR - GetDriveSpace - addon 'Tvheadend:127.0.0.1:9982' returned an error: server error

Yes...i upgraded it from repo? should i not upgrade it?

• Hi all,

Just installed the latest version in my GT1 (S912, 2GB, 1Gb LAN) and almost everything is working just fine :)

The only observable issues that I found are:

1. During startup there's a warning regarding "extlinux.conf" and it takes an extra 60 seconds to actually start the box

2. CEC is not working with my TV (it worked with other boxes)

Any hints on the above issues?

Thanks!

• Hi.

I installed it in an EVO 32GB microSD for a Vorke Z6 (3GB DDR4, GigaEth) and, sometimes, drop/skip of frames are noticeable. In action scenes it could be easily seen.

However, the LibreELEC 8.2.1.1 version in another Kingston 2GB microSD works flawlessly with the exactly same movie, in HEVC/AAC.

Is it due to the LibreELEC itself, just Kodi Leia? Do you need any log?

Thanks for your great work!

• Hi.

I installed it in an EVO 32GB microSD for a Vorke Z6 (3GB DDR4, GigaEth) and, sometimes, drop/skip of frames are noticeable. In action scenes it could be easily seen.

However, the LibreELEC 8.2.1.1 version in another Kingston 2GB microSD works flawlessly with the exactly same movie, in HEVC/AAC.

Is it due to the LibreELEC itself, just Kodi Leia? Do you need any log?

Thanks for your great work!

Kodi debug log will be welcome.

• New version in #1 with improved timing for hw decoding.

Subtitle issue still persist for dvd/bd subtitles. For text subtitles (.srt, .sub, ...) I didn't find any issue. Pls report your experiences only with kodi debug log.

My monitor is able only 4k 30fps. Pls, report playback stability for output 4K on monitors or TVs capable 4k fps>30.

• New version in #1 with improved timing for hw decoding.

Subtitle issue still persist for dvd/bd subtitles. For text subtitles (.srt, .sub, ...) I didn't find any issue. Pls report your experiences only with kodi debug log.

My monitor is able only 4k 30fps. Pls, report playback stability for output 4K on monitors or TVs capable 4k fps>30.

Hi afl1,

thanks for your nice builds. They are running very well on my Beelink GT1.

Just a hint: the link for Tar will download a .img.gz file. Would be nice, if you could correct the link.

Thanks.

• Hi afl1!

Just tried the new version on a Minix U9-H - working quite good for a pre-alpha (actually, I had no problems at all), but the stuttering is still here (I tried it with an mkv-file with embedded subs) - debug log is here

I only played around for a short while, but I noticed no stuttering with external subs.

Thanks for your efforts and your work!!!!

• I’m also using a Minix U9 and am wondering how to do the update to newer versions correctly.

I’m used to putting the tar file in .update and reboot, but after it does the upgrade, it cannot boot LE anymore.

So I Write the img.gz to a USB drive (and the 2g dtb as dtb.img) and install over my current installation.

How can directly upgrade without USB? Do i need to put the device tree somewhere as well?

• I’m also using a Minix U9 and am wondering how to do the update to newer versions correctly.

I’m used to putting the tar file in .update and reboot, but after it does the upgrade, it cannot boot LE anymore.

So I Write the img.gz to a USB drive (and the 2g dtb as dtb.img) and install over my current installation.

How can directly upgrade without USB? Do i need to put the device tree somewhere as well?

BTW. Have you ever read #1. There is instruction how to fix booting issue. But finally, this is alpha version, only for testing.