Posts by hanzoh

afl1:

I read it, that’s how I knew how to fix my box being stuck on boot screen. And yes I know Kodi 18 is pre alpha, but I started with your build 4 and haven’t had any real issues yet. The mkv-internal subtitle issue is reproducible, but I rarely use those and the overall experience especially with LiveTV in Leia is worth that tradeoff.

So, great work!

I read the following and thought that the dtb is not needed anymore:

Note: when upgrading to 8.2.0.1 or later you no longer have to provide a device tree for an update, it will be updated automatically!

I’m also using a Minix U9 and am wondering how to do the update to newer versions correctly.

I’m used to putting the tar file in .update and reboot, but after it does the upgrade, it cannot boot LE anymore.

So I Write the img.gz to a USB drive (and the 2g dtb as dtb.img) and install over my current installation.

How can directly upgrade without USB? Do i need to put the device tree somewhere as well?

Hi everyone,

I recently got the MINIX U9 and flashed LibreELEC 8.2.1.1 on it, working great!

The only issue I have left is powering it on and off with my Harmony remote.

I have paired the MINIX in LibreELEC via Bluetooth with the Harmony Hub and added "Manufacturer: Microsoft / Device: KODI" as a Device in the Harmony remote.

The key response is instantaneous, far quicker than IR!

The only thing is that I cannot power it off (and on) with the "Power Toggle" command in Harmony.

I have read several guides and tips, but those are always for IR I believe.

Has anyone solved that issue yet? Does this need changes in remote.conf, keymap.xml or in the Harmony device?

The only workaround that I can think off, but have not tested yet, is do add a second device to Harmony (a MINIX IR remote)

and use that only for power on and off in the activity.

Thanks and kind regards

hanzoh