[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Hi, tried latest version. tvheadend not working, not possible to update.

I then wanted to revert to kzaq's or previous version, but I then get an error

failed to mount /dev/loop0 on /storage/.update/.tmp/mnt invalid argument

is there a way out of this without wiping the sdcard clean ?

Thanks a lot

A couple of final last notes, there will be added support for users of the TX3 Mini with the LCD now functioning (I bought one in the black friday sales).

GDPR-2, thanks for your work. The 1.0.8 version works very well on on of my boxes and after the feedback on 1.0.9 here I guess I will wait with the update :/

However, since I saw the above post of yours, I thought I would give your 1.0.9 build a try just to see whether I would see anything on my LCD. Unfortunately, nothing shows up there. Do I need to configure something or is the LCD support really just for the TX3 Mini and not for my first ever china box (which meanwhile even has kszaq 's build on EMMC after yesterday's release of the slowemmc device tree ...)? :(:?::)

• GDPR-2, thanks for your work. The 1.0.8 version works very well on on of my boxes and after the feedback on 1.0.9 here I guess I will wait with the update :/

However, since I saw the above post of yours, I thought I would give your 1.0.9 build a try just to see whether I would see anything on my LCD. Unfortunately, nothing shows up there. Do I need to configure something or is the LCD support really just for the TX3 Mini and not for my first ever china box (which meanwhile even has kszaq 's build on EMMC after yesterday's release of the slowemmc device tree ...)? :(:?::)

I will do another update shortly to fix issues raised, I had not pushed the changes yet for the LCD on the TX3 mini however I will try to do this on the next release, I have been so swamped with work and also porting S905 directly into master that I really haven't had time for the community or community builds, things should be back to normal again after Christmas is out the way and normal updates will resume then.

On another note I have removed 1.0.9 from the server

• Solution :

the problem seems to be with the img mount.

So I used the tar file, from another comp on the network I unpacked the 4 files in the target subfolder and put them in the libreelec update folder.

Thanks a lot for helping others with the same problem....

• I will do another update shortly to fix issues raised, I had not pushed the changes yet for the LCD on the TX3 mini however I will try to do this on the next release, I have been so swamped with work and also porting S905 directly into master that I really haven't had time for the community or community builds, things should be back to normal again after Christmas is out the way and normal updates will resume then.

On another note I have removed 1.0.9 from the server

Thanks, Adam, this is perfectly fine and I am looking forward to your upcoming releases.

One question though: when you (and kszaq and CvH and whoever else) talk about porting S905 stuff to master, does that mean just S905 or S905X (and mybe even K) as well?

• Hi,

I have a MECOOL M8S PRO+ and installed LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.8 (installed on internal storage not SD or USB)

everything is fine except when I try to play any 4K or 4K HDR content from my Windows 10 share (using wired connection)

it's start lagging and after few seconds (5) it's slows down to like 1-2 fps (HW acceleration enabled)

I attached an external HDD and tried some sample which all was fine.

Does anybody have the same experience ? Should I tweak somethiug or ... ?

For the record I have an Odroid C2 with Libreelec 8.2 and its play flawless the 4k content but it's lack ok HDR support.

Any suggestion would appreciated.

Thanks!

• Just a quick one. I updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.8 and now the Netflix plug-in(0.12.7) won't work any more. It seems that the widevine lib is missing. I get:

Code
    00:18:11.272 T:3692032912  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    00:18:14.566 T:3692032912   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
    00:18:14.566 T:3692032912   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

in the log file.

Everything was working before the update. My box is Mecool m8s pro+.

I will try some things and report back. Anyone else had problems with Netflix after update?

I fixed it! I had to re-install libwidevinecdm.so and it started to work again. I used the script from asciidisco's installation instructions for the Netflix plugin.

Edited once, last by mdm63 (December 16, 2017 at 10:45 PM).

• Thanks, Adam, this is perfectly fine and I am looking forward to your upcoming releases.

One question though: when you (and kszaq and CvH and whoever else) talk about porting S905 stuff to master, does that mean just S905 or S905X (and mybe even K) as well?

My hope is for everything to be supported, the changes are slowly being accepted into LE but there is some resistance to my efforts in that some developers see no future in Amlogic being supported for a variety of reasons and it is taking much longer than I would have liked due to this fact, not everybody is against it but with key people within LE not reviewing my pull requests it doesn't exactly help.

Just a quick one. I updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.8 and now the Netflix plug-in(0.12.7) won't work any more. It seems that the widevine lib is missing. I get:

Code
    00:18:11.272 T:3692032912  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
    00:18:14.566 T:3692032912   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
    00:18:14.566 T:3692032912   ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

in the log file.

Everything was working before the update. My box is Mecool m8s pro+.

I will try some things and report back. Anyone else had problems with Netflix after update?

I fixed it! I had to re-install libwidevinecdm.so and it started to work again. I used the script from asciidisco's installation instructions for the Netflix plugin.

I had to remove the precompiled binary from community builds as it was against the forum rules to include it for legal reasons, I included a script with the build to automatically download it but this will fail if your box fails to get an IP address within 30s of booting up.

• At a guess I would think the problem is the Samba share, it adds a CPU overhead, I'm not sure what to suggest as ideally I would suggest NFS shares but you can't do them on Windows. You could try setting up an ftp server, there would be less overhead with that.

• everything is fine except when I try to play any 4K or 4K HDR content from my Windows 10 share (using wired connection)

it's start lagging and after few seconds (5) it's slows down to like 1-2 fps (HW acceleration enabled)

I attached an external HDD and tried some sample which all was fine.

That´s it.

WIN 10 share connection isn´t working(most cases) if You try to play 4k videos - I can confirm it´s not working :(

You have to attach local HDD/SSD or an NAS using NFS protocol - I can confirm it works :) not only some samples

• Thanks for the feedback

Sadly FTP did not solved the issue, it was a bit better, but still not ok

I also tried to mount the remote share locally which improved further more, but unfortunately after a minute or two it's also went down to 1-2 fps

mount -t cifs //local-ip/media /storage/media -o username=xxxxx,password=yyyyyy

so I assume I don't have any other option than move to windows server 2016 and setup an NFS server