[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I built 64-bit from adamg-1.0.5 git tag and it works fine (including tvheadend with hts).

Too bad there is no widevine 64-bit library (it is 32-bit) in the S905 project.

Code
    # file projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so
    projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, BuildID[sha1]=233ca3bf4ca71045c149a1ccfc911ffc25247a7d, stripped

Where is this library downloaded from? Perhaps I can find the 64-bit libwidevinecdm.so there too...

• There is no 64-bit libwidevine library, only 32-bit, which is why future LE 9.0 releases have switched to the same split 64-bit kernel, 32-bit userspace arrangement as Android. Please also note that Google's license for libwidevine means it is not redistributable without signing formal agreements that result large liabilities for the signing entity. Community or personal LE releases that ignore the license and embed libwidevine for convenience will be suspended from this forum if we become aware they are doing so, because we do not want the legal attention that may result from their release here. There is a Kodi helper add-on for inputstream.adaptive that provides the libwidevine library via a user-initiated process. If it hasn't appeared in the Kodi repo yet, it will do soon - it's inclusion was agreed by Kodi developers at the recent Prague DevCon.

• There is no 64-bit libwidevine library, only 32-bit, which is why future LE 9.0 releases have switched to the same split 64-bit kernel, 32-bit userspace arrangement as Android. Please also note that Google's license for libwidevine means it is not redistributable without signing formal agreements that result large liabilities for the signing entity. Community or personal LE releases that ignore the license and embed libwidevine for convenience will be suspended from this forum if we become aware they are doing so, because we do not want the legal attention that may result from their release here. There is a Kodi helper add-on for inputstream.adaptive that provides the libwidevine library via a user-initiated process. If it hasn't appeared in the Kodi repo yet, it will do soon - it's inclusion was agreed by Kodi developers at the recent Prague DevCon.

chewitt I wasn't aware of this, I will remove it from my build, would the addition of a script that downloads the library automatically upon boot if it does not exist be permissible? link

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (November 12, 2017 at 8:12 AM).

• [script.module.inputstreamhelper] 0.2.1 by emilsvennesson · Pull Request #607 · xbmc/repo-scripts · GitHub ..was merged to Krypton so should also appear in master/Leia? - It provides a Kodi approved method for grabbing the lib. Everyone you ask will agree that downloading a 1GB ChromeOS image to extract the file sucks compared to simply embedding it, but this approach ensures the file is obtained from an official Google published location (not some random other place we happen to know exists) and ultimately it's the end-user who is initiating the install of the lib (should it break rules, licenses, or TOS etc. somewhere) and not you or us. Hopefully common sense (or better legal advice) will prevail at some future point.

• [script.module.inputstreamhelper] 0.2.1 by emilsvennesson · Pull Request #607 · xbmc/repo-scripts · GitHub ..was merged to Krypton so should also appear in master/Leia? - It provides a Kodi approved method for grabbing the lib. Everyone you ask will agree that downloading a 1GB ChromeOS image to extract the file sucks compared to simply embedding it, but this approach ensures the file is obtained from an official Google published location (not some random other place we happen to know exists) and ultimately it's the end-user who is initiating the install of the lib (should it break rules, licenses, or TOS etc. somewhere) and not you or us. Hopefully common sense (or better legal advice) will prevail at some future point.

chewitt I understand, I will remove it from future builds and leave it for the user to install, I just wanted to make life a little easier for those who use Netflix/Amazon

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (November 12, 2017 at 8:53 AM).

• I built 64-bit from adamg-1.0.5 git tag and it works fine (including tvheadend with hts).

Too bad there is no widevine 64-bit library (it is 32-bit) in the S905 project.

Code
    # file projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so
    projects/S905/filesystem/usr/lib/libwidevinecdm.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, BuildID[sha1]=233ca3bf4ca71045c149a1ccfc911ffc25247a7d, stripped

Where is this library downloaded from? Perhaps I can find the 64-bit libwidevinecdm.so there too...

One does not exist as far as I can tell, you would have to cross compile chromium-widevine for aarch64, what is your reasoning for building 64bit? the kernel is already 64bit its only userland which is 32bit.

• As far as I can tell,

the currently used widevine library for ARM seems to be from this package: chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz

Is there a newer build?

(1.4.8.)1008 version for Lin/Win is working fine, instead of the recommended 970...

• As far as I can tell,

the currently used widevine library for ARM seems to be from this package: chromium-widevine-1.4.8.823-2-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz

Is there a newer build?

(1.4.8.)1008 version for Lin/Win is working fine, instead of the recommended 970...

I didn't manage to find a newer version that has been prebuilt, I was curious if a newer version would offer improvements in streaming Netflix than what the current version that everybody is using does.

GDPR-2 Did you manage to download the file and recreate the problem?

I have downloaded it but I haven't tested it yet, I will later

-edit

There is a new development version uploaded in the devel folder, auto updates won't work on it but it contains the very latest version of kodi and the latest patches from afl1 that will be making their way into 1.0.6

Edited once, last by GDPR-2 (November 12, 2017 at 11:52 AM).

• -edit

There is a new development version uploaded in the devel folder, auto updates won't work on it but it contains the very latest version of kodi and the latest patches from afl1 that will be making their way into 1.0.

I'll wait for 1.0.6.

Edited once, last by Gregoir3 (November 12, 2017 at 2:31 PM).

• GDPR-2 , I am testing Your buld (now new dev release) on my wetek play2 and works really nice :) Usually I am using Leia GDPR-1 build . Is possible to map all buttons on remote on Your libreelec version like on Raybuntu leia for wp2?

Regards

• When i playback media files x264/x265 (720p and 1080p) it often crashes and also often after the reboot i have a crippled screen like this, another reboot fixes it.

Also after one Crash Display Output was set to 720p@60hz.

1.0.6 on Nexbox a95x (s905x, 2g/16g) Output set to 1920x1080@50fps with "sync playback to display".

• hi everybody!

i've installed this version of libreelec succesfully on my sunvell t95m device in order to watch netflix. unfortunately the add-on doesn't work properly, after logging on my account, i've got these massages: "login failed", and "check your credentials"

what is the problem exactly and how could i solve it easily?

thank you for your help in advance!

• One does not exist as far as I can tell, you would have to cross compile chromium-widevine for aarch64, what is your reasoning for building 64bit? the kernel is already 64bit its only userland which is 32bit.

I have no particular reason (anymore) to build full space 64-bit. I may want to switch and split to 32-bit user space for Netflix.

Thanks all for advice and information.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (November 12, 2017 at 10:06 PM).

• Hi, I tried to downgrade to 8.2.0.1 by copying the file to UPDATE folder, like when I do updates, but After restart when the process starts, it just gives me an error and device boots back to version 9.0. Any other way how can I force the downgrade? thanks for any help. Thanks