[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• afl1 , I tested today this devel build on my play2. I did clean installation of latest GDPR-2 build on other sd card and updated to this devel . Activated dvb crazycat driver but there is problem with tvh now. Installed it from le repo (backend and service) but always backend does not respond properly and I can't connect with it (tvh 4.2 or 4.3 service). When I amd trying to restart this build it took very long time . So now I am back to GDPR-2 build

THX for testing. This version was after big packages rebase and it was very buggy. Tomorrow I'll publish more stable version with updated codesnake driver for WP2.

• I just updated after factory resetting from 8.2.1 and have noticed the link to 'Install from zip file' on the Add-ons homepage doesn't work.

That's an Estuary skin bug, not really a build issue.

BTW the other 2 ways to reach the Install from zip file link both work

1. Click settings (the cog) from the main home-screen

From there choose Add-ons (the open box)

The third option listed is what you want.

2. Click Add-ons from the tabs on the left side of the main home-screen

Click the open box icon at the top left and, once again

The third option listed is what you want.

• Just come over to this thread from the 8.2 thread. Been a long time user of these excellent LE8 releases, and currently I am using the latest 8.2.3.1 on my S905X 2G/32G Tanix TX7 box.

Okay so I wanted to try out teh latest LE Leia release on an SD card with my Tanix TX7 box and all went well with a fresh install. However, trying to restore my latest Krypton build to Leia was very difficult and took ages and left me with a slow poorly responsive system for sure. So a clean factory reset and jthen ust installed the NetFlix addon to test it out with my new free months trial of teh HD package with Netflix Thailand.

Very disappointed although I signed up for the HD package most Movies and TV series I watched were at a miserable 720 x 480 resolution. So I upgrade my free months trial account to the UHD pacakge and still no difference as I suspected would be the case. Contacted NetFClix who said after a few tests that I needed to contact myh ISP and get a full reset of the connection, which I did. NetFlix said this is because their package size is bigger than most which is understandable seeing it is not an international connection but from a Thai server, but was dubiouos as to that beign the cause. Anyway the long and short of it, it made no difference. Best I ever get is 720p HD from teh Leia NetFlix addon. Have no trouble streaming 1080 content from other addons and have no problem with any other internet based services I use here.

I have an Apple TV Mk3 (FHD capable and cannot afford a Mk 4 !!) which a fgreind gave me as a present, and can watch Netflix on it okay and seems to be giving me at least 720 res in all I watch on it so far, but no way can I check and confirm the resolution I am getting from the Apple TV, unlike my KODI box where hitting the "o" key gives me the display info I need. But it looks much better when usign Netflix on the Apple TV than on the new NetFlix Leia addon.

So I have tried to look back to see if this is a problem with others here but there are a huge load of posts re Netflix and so far cannto find what I am lookign for in th elimited tiem I can spare, so any help appreciated in case this is a problem wiht the NetFlix addon or some setting I have missed, though cannot see what or where. Anyway great work as always on this project which I will happily test new builds as and when they are released.

Other than NetFlix I sadly cannot as yet see any other real advantages with Leia over Krypton to make it worth the effort to change over so far, but hey it is early days and in all fairness I have not given it the time it deserves as yet. My Krypton LE 8.2.3.1 box is doing all I ask of it so very happy with that. Have to say NetFlix seriously lacks content though with much I like to view missing, sad as I thought this may be the non rip off answer to making piracy unneeded, seems so far to be not the case !!!

• Unfortunately to cut your post short the decoders used for Netflix are not hardware accelerated so the maximum resolution you can goto is 720p, this may change in the future as Leia is only at an Alpha stage.

There is nothing I can do about this, a quick search on the forums would have shown you this as well and saved you a lot of trouble and a pointless upgrade to the UHD package, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Unfortunately to cut your post short the decoders used for Netflix are not hardware accelerated so the maximum resolution you can goto is 720p, this may change in the future as Leia is only at an Alpha stage.

I don´t understand, why playing software decoded netflix on amlogic box ?

Most all new UHD TV could play netflix oob

• I don´t understand, why playing software decoded netflix on amlogic box ?

Most all new UHD TV could play netflix oob

In Android it has the necessary code to play Netflix at 1080p or higher

In Kodi it does not, the code is just not there for it yet, Leia is still very young

• In Kodi it does not, the code is just not there for it yet, Leia is still very young

Yes, I know.

I don´t understand why so much users want to play netflix on amlogic box

They can use the TV to play netflix up to UHD resolution.

Do You think it´s possible to enable netflix hardware decoding(amlogic) in the future :?:

• Yes, I know.

I don´t understand why so much users want to play netflix on amlogic box

They can use the TV to play netflix up to UHD resolution.

Do You think it´s possible to enable netflix hardware decoding(amlogic) in the future :?:

That one confuses me as well because my TV does a great job of dealing with Netflix, but I guess the idea would be to have everything in 1 place.

From what I am hearing there is a chance yes but don't get your hopes up.

• Because of *#@?! TV manufacturers, which have forsaken the support for older than 2016 models and there - no passthrough, no multichannel and etc. I am not going to replace the HW of my TV each year.

And why not "All-In-One" box concept? :)

• That one confuses me as well because my TV does a great job of dealing with Netflix, but I guess the idea would be to have everything in 1 place.

Understood.

I´m old school - don´t want want "all in one"

If I want to watch SAT I will use my DREAM box SAT - no need to configure live TV using tvheadend etc. every day

Netflix and Amazon Video working great on TV

May be some users want to configure a lot of addons every day again and again, just for fun ....

BTW:

After testing display using version 8.90.3 I went back to 'old' version 8.2.2.3 as my daily driver

Version 8.90.4 coming soon :?:

• Not for at least another week, there is big changes in the next version specifically, amremote is being removed so everybody will have to reconfigure their remote configs but it will mean you can use any IR remote of your choosing. Wetek/Minix/Tanix/Kseries users will probably have the standard cheap remote configs baked in.

I was an old dreambox user myself back in the day.

• I´m old school - don´t want want "all in one"

If I want to watch SAT I will use my DREAM box SAT - no need to configure live TV using tvheadend etc. every day

May be some users want to configure a lot of addons every day again and again, just for fun ....

Seems you are really old school. Memory is not expensive anymore so you can save your configuration. Therefore, configuring it once is enough these days 8o

However, I would also be interested in 8.90.4 cause of the tvheadend 4.4. Maybe configuring is less time consuming with the new version and it is even worth trying for Tim_Taylor :huh:

• Seems you are really old school. Memory is not expensive anymore so you can save your configuration. Therefore, configuring it once is enough these days 8o

However, I would also be interested in 8.90.4 cause of the tvheadend 4.4. Maybe configuring is less time consuming with the new version and it is even worth trying for Tim_Taylor :huh:

Tvh 4.4 will just be the same as the current version however Tvh 4.2 will also be available so people should be able to switch builds easier without Tvh and all their settings messing up.

• Tvh 4.4 will just be the same as the current version however Tvh 4.2 will also be available so people should be able to switch builds easier without Tvh and all their settings messing up.

Sounds good because I'm experiencing some freezes with Tvh4.3 but I would like to verify with 4.2 and 4.4 before posting debug logs.

• :)

How much time did You spend in testing ?

It´s a dream to have perfect & cheap "all in one"

Compared to the time that it would take to teach my girlfriend how to use 3 different devices, little I would say ;)

Also, for example these freezes are minor issues which just catch my attention if I feel bored or liveTV is that bad that I recognize them.

And I want to add that it is my fault because if I would stick to kodi 17 and Tvh4.2 there would be no freezes. However, I like to surf on the wave, therefore helping the community with bug finding/fixing is an honor to mee.

• the time that it would take to teach my girlfriend how to use 3 different devices, little I would say ;)

Jill would be very angry if I get a girlfriend :huh:

The different decices are easy to use, I don´t have to teach Jill.

My amlogic box in the living room is only one part of the TV/AUDIO system.

Don´t like the amlogic box connected direct to the TV.

Let´s wait until 8.90.4 is released - bad news for me to reconfigure remote :(

I will stay on stable version 8.2 until the box decays to dust

• GDPR-2 is it true that you devel builds don't update via autoupdate? Is there a reason?

From what I saw, you or afl1 are providing them to test new implementations for users in the forum. Wouldn't it be nice if these devel builds autoupdate to the main builds? This way, people drifting away from the main line would be brought back with the next main build automatically.

I'm not speaking about a devel build auto-update function yet.