[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Have you turned 3d auto switching on in settings?

It's not a patch feature, please don't compare Krypton to Leia.

yes, 3d is enabled in Confluence in the same way as with kszaq's 8.2.2.1 and Kodi 17.6.

my movies are recognized as 3D (correct symbol on the list) in Kodi 18, but when playing starts, my TV gets no 3D switching signal, movies are played with split screen (SBS or TAB). same movies, same libraries, same settings work on Kodi 17.6...

• yes, 3d is enabled in Confluence in the same way as with kszaq's 8.2.2.1 and Kodi 17.6.

my movies are recognized as 3D (correct symbol on the list) in Kodi 18, but when playing starts, my TV gets no 3D switching signal, movies are played with split screen (SBS or TAB). same movies, same libraries, same settings work on Kodi 17.6...

Unfortunately I don't have a 3D TV so I can't really help much, I don't even think it's a feature sold on new TV's now, the only thing I can think it may be is that something broke in the newer libamcodec that we are using or the feature is broke in Kodi but without a way to test I can't help sorry.

• Hi Folks,

Jut trying this now to a SDCard. It boots up fine and runs through the partitioning etc, then says its rebooting.... But after the reboot I get the LibreElec Splash screen for a few seconds then a black screen for about 30s then it reboots.

I have the S905x 2Gb DTB image - should I try the 1gb or NAND versions?

• Hi Folks,

Jut trying this now to a SDCard. It boots up fine and runs through the partitioning etc, then says its rebooting.... But after the reboot I get the LibreElec Splash screen for a few seconds then a black screen for about 30s then it reboots.

I have the S905x 2Gb DTB image - should I try the 1gb or NAND versions?

You must use the DTB that corresponds with your device if not you will run into trouble.

• Possible to wake up LE over CEC?

Tanix TX3 mini is listening for power on/off commands always over IR, so one can power it on while it is powered off (or suspended/hibernated).

Can it be made that it is listening for CEC commands also?

• I thought i was - I have a s905x device with 2gb - whats the difference in the nand version?

You can try with the default dtb or 1G dtb (in case you have a fake 2GB box). You don't need the nand version.

Possible to wake up LE over CEC?

Tanix TX3 mini is listening for power on/off commands always over IR, so one can power it on while it is powered off (or suspended/hibernated).

Can it be made that it is listening for CEC commands also?

No,

• Have you tried to modify cache settings?

I can watch any UHD BD (even with 90Mbps) with LE7 on S905X with usb3-gbit lan.

yea i don't want to hijack this thread but yes i did try the advanced cache settings, i'm also playing on a gbit LAN from a usb3 HDD i'm really lost now thats why im thinking something wrong with the minix

• I have Tanix TX3 mini with Wi-Fi chip sv6051p. Wi-Fi works with LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.8 and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K. With LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.1.0(and later builds)/LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.0 WiFi doesn't work any more.