[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• fresh installed latest build on usb. installed latest netflix version. after clicking netflix video it tries to play, but eventually crashes kodi.

one thing i've noticed is inputstream adaptive is disabled after fresh install, you need to enable addon then update.

LibreELEC:~ # paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

fYSI

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste

QDTZ

same video works on Gendo's LE9 build.

• I did not, explicitly...

Anyway,

try here

well, netflix works fine with this build, provided i install everything on any adamg builds from the first post and than update with this, problem is i cant install anything from libreelec repo after that, i choose an addon to install and nothing happens, and under repository it just says unknown instead of libreelec, every other repo works just fine, any solution?

• Exactly the same experience after following the same scenario.

(BTW Bluetooth does work/is recognized with this build.)

• GDPR-2 Any idea how to solve Netflix not playing.

I need more information from people because it seems to work for some (me included) and not for others. Have you tried setting your timezone settings as another user suggested?

It's hard to diagnose a problem when people make a post to report it and then give absolutely no information to back it up.

Exact steps taken to reproduce a bug is essential.

How have you installed the build (microusb/usb/nand)
    Have you updated or done a complete fresh install
    Steps taken to produce the bug
    Any other steps you have taken in your install procedure or configuration of Kodi

I need a step by step of everything you have done to reproduce the bug on my end, when I can reproduce it then I can diagnose it because I'm basically private messaging people and waiting hours for a response for something I could possibly resolve in minutes. It's not just frustrating for you guys but it's also frustrating for me because I take it personally, I do not want to give you guys something that doesn't work or is only half baked and I do care about the quality of the work that I'm putting out there.

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-2 (October 25, 2017 at 4:54 AM).

• I have a TX3 pro running LE9

Gendo's build installed on internal

Adam's build installed on usb

Just to give the steps I did

1. Install latest build on fresh usb

2. Libreelec booted fine.

3. Fixed some settings like time and network.

4. Noticed that inputstream is disabled. I've enabled and updated.

5. Installed Netflix Repo and then installed Netflix addon.

6. Logged in successfully, tried to play a video, netflix tries to play to it. Screen hangs then after about a minute Kodi restarts, but not LE.

7. Tried this command --- curl -Ls getwidevine.sh | bash

8. Restarted the box then tried playing a video again but same result.

Local and network videos played fine, I have no issues except for netflix not working.

Here are the debug logs, I've captured

LibreELEC:~ # paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

fYSI

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste

QDTZ

Just for troubleshooting I tried installing Gendo's on the same USB, and netflix is ok.

• How have you installed the build (microusb/usb/nand)

MicroSD installation, a method that has been working without problems on my box

Have you updated or done a complete fresh install

Both. It makes no difference.

My fresh install (v1.0.1) has only the NF and Inputstream addons installed.

Steps taken to produce the bug

Install NF addon, enter NF credentials, pick any video from the lists. Kodi freezes for a minute or so and then restarts.

Seems like there are no data coming in: INFO: CFileCache::Process - Source read didn't return any data! Hit eof(?)

I uploaded a log with LibcURL logging in post #72

Any other steps you have taken in your install procedure or configuration of Kodi

Tested with stock settings in both NF and Inputstream addons.

Timezone is set before launching NF and system displays the correct time.

• Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.

Following your steps to the letter I indeed got the same result and Kodi crashed/restarted.

Your doing it all wrong, step 4 is unnecessary and I think step 7 is what has caused your problems, libwidevinecdm.so is already included in my build so this is not necessary.

Follow the instruction below, confirmed working

Starting with a fresh install of Kodi.
    Add-ons>Download>Install from repo>Kodinerds>Addon repo>Netflix addon repo>Install
    Back to Install from repo>Netflix>Video>Netflix>Install>0.12.6>Ok
    Open Netflix>Login>Enjoy =D

• I will try again. Just FYI, i just tried using your devel build and netflix works.

• I will try again. Just FYI, i just tried using your devel build and netflix works.

Thats because the devel build doesn't have libwidevinecdm.so so following the instructions you wrote then it would work :) it appears that script you have been executing has been the cause of your problems and not the build itself. I have made a note of this in the first post for future reference.

• Follow the instruction below, confirmed working

Starting with a fresh install of Kodi.
    Add-ons>Download>Install from repo>Kodinerds>Addon repo>Netflix addon repo>Install
    Back to Install from repo>Netflix>Video>Netflix>Install>0.12.6>Ok
    Open Netflix>Login>Enjoy =D

Yay, it works! :D

Your doing it all wrong, step 4 is unnecessary and I think step 7 is what has caused your problems, libwidevinecdm.so is already included in my build so this is not necessary.

If this info was included in the first post, it would have saved us from a lot of frustration.