Posts by elonesna

I'm no expert, I don't like tailscale too much but it has the advantage that it works on all LibreELEC versions that I know of and I can't say the same about its main ZeroTier alternative, it also works on all networks, even with CG-NAT . Another thing I don't like about tailscale is that it generates a lot of autoconfiguration network traffic.

What I really like about tailscale is the ease of setting up a VPN server to share with our friends and family who should never be able to access our internal network beyond the server. My family enjoys almost unlimited cloud storage and VPN for zero euros on a LibreELEC server thanks to tailscale.

Tailscale naturally also makes it easy to create our VPN virtual private network where each device can be in a different geographic location. The free version only allows a single subnet virtual router.

The SSH command I use to install tailscale is:

docker run -d \

--name=41641-tailscaled \

-v /storage/.config/dockers/tailscale/var/lib:/var/lib \

-v /dev/net/tun:/dev/net/tun \

--network=host \

--privileged \

--restart unless-stopped \

tailscale/tailscale \

tailscaled

#

# SERVER CONFIG:

# docker exec 41641-tailscaled \

# tailscale up \

# --accept-routes \

# --accept-dns=false \

# --advertise-exit-node \

# --advertise-routes=192.168.x.0/24 \

# --snat-subnet-routes=false

#

# CLIENT CONFIG:

# docker exec 41641-tailscaled \

# tailscale up

#

I always use 'containrrr/watchtower' for years to update all my installed docker images from SSH. This updater container is configured to always be stopped except when it is started, always only once, from portainer. It works very well. The SSH installation command is:

docker run -d \

--name watchtower-updater \

-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \

containrrr/watchtower --run-once

I forgot to say that I'm talking about docker tailscale/tailscale service update and any other docker image, and not about an kodi addon.

LE AMLGX 11.0 loses access to the first USB port

With the new update LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.0-box.img.gz for devices with Amlogic S912 processor, access to USB port number 1 is lost. Tested on two different devices with this processor.

Taking into account that I need two USB ports, one for the operating system and the other for the remote, so it can't work, I switch to Android.

Code
    mxq-le:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0781:5583 SanDisk Corp. Ultra Fit
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

If I put LE on a flash drive in port number 1 then LibreELEC won't start. Tested on two different devices.

As far as I know, audio delay is something that typically happens in low-performance devices (processor, memory, storage space, flash memory, ...), and/or use bluetooth audio, and/or incapable to decode video by hardware.

Thanks, I understood. In my case, I do not use the LinuxServer.io repository and the docker.linuxserver.xxx services do not appear in the list of systemctl services. Stopping a service is also easy for me: (1) via portainer web http://<libreelec-ip>:9000, or (2) via SSH by running the command 'docker stop 8384-syncthing' to stop my service named as ' 8384-syncthing'. This way I am not limited to LinuxServer.io and can use the same commands on any operating system.

I can't understand you, on the one hand there is the docker addon, this is a service that manages virtual services (starts, stops, deletes, ... services such as the tvheadend television server, the syncthing backup and synchronization service, sftpgo storage server , and many others. Another important service/addon is portainer (it establishes a graphical web frontend interface for docker). And finally there are the services that work within docker and that within libreelec are included in the LinuxServer repository. Another alternative is use the information given by https://hub.docker.com/, https://github.com/, ..., to manually install via SSH any docker image/container that is no longer limited to just LinuxServer.io.

I am not an expert but I think that what you want is not possible, the operating system needs to periodically check the mounted directory. All my drives are managed by my LibreELEC server and I have solved your problem as follows:

(1) Client devices with coreelec and libreelec use remote directories mounted on an SSD drive managed by the LibreELEC server, that is, spinning down is not needed because this drive always works.

(2) Access to large storage units is executed without mounting any remote unit: from Kodi on remote devices (media library access with read-only access), or by LibreELEC when running timed tasks (backup, ...) or when a task is completed (storage of new multimedia content).

In these conditions the spinning down works normally.

Think something similar!

I have a mini PC i5-5257U, which I bought more than two years ago at the price of an arm device, and luckily I have no problems decoding h264 and h265 up to a resolution of 1080 lines, and LibreELEC works very well as a server of any resolution doing the hard work, my players are all cheap little arm devices that keep my old tvs alive.

My recommendation is that you install an ubuntu server without a graphical environment, fill it with docker services such as multimedia server, home cloud, television server, backup services, ... and use simple and cheap arm devices as 4K players.

I will tell you how I have solved the failures of the new portainer-ce using SSH, it is about uninstalling the portainer/portainer-ce image and container and installing the portainer/portainer image and container, study my commands and you will understand how they work:

Note.- The installation of docker images through SSH are not subject to automatic updates by LibreELEC, this could be an inconvenience but it seems to me an advantage because I want to be present and execute these updates manually, and for this I use https://hub.docker.com/r/containrrr/watchtower using manual mode.

mglae

Your suggestion doesn't work for me.

(1) In an Ubuntu terminal I open SSH with tailscale0 IP and I don't have any problem.

(2) In a second terminal I open SSH with wlan0 IP and it gets blocked after entering the password.

(3) I go back to the first terminal and type journalctl -u sshd. The result does not say anything that is useful for something

Code
    Jan 26 09:12:27 acemax-le systemd[1]: Starting sshd.service...
    Jan 26 09:12:27 acemax-le systemd[1]: Started sshd.service.
    Jan 26 09:12:27 acemax -le sshd[785]: Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22.
    Jan 26 09:12:27 acemax -le sshd[785]: Server listening on :: port 22.
    Feb 12 10:36:27 acemax-le sshd[2728]: Accepted password for root from 192.168.2.42 port 37944 ssh2
    Feb 12 12:47:19 acemax-le sshd[3512]: Accepted password for root from 100.87.111.1 port 52774 ssh2
    Feb 12 12:47:50 acemax-le sshd[3518]: Accepted password for root from 192.168.2.42 port 54852 ssh2

(4) A short time later and by chance :D I can no longer navigate with my Ubuntu PC because it has lost the addresses of the DNS servers

Note: I see strange things in log dates and device name

I also have no doubt about the existence of problems in LE (Nexus) 11 beta 1, installed on USB flash, in the network server services part. I have two examples: (1) I can't SSH via eth0/wlan0 IP, but I can via tailscale0 IP or via Web SSH Terminal addon with eth0/wlan0 IP, and (2) the zerotier service cannot be installed. My tests are made with Linux Ubuntu and Android Termius.

For many years I have used various versions of Docker ZeroTier VPN on Linux CoreELEC and Linux LibreELEC with success. Now Docker ZeroTier VPN works fine on all CoreELEC versions and on old LibreELEC 9 versions, but on armv7 devices with LibreELEC (Nexus) 11 it doesn’t work, I guess there is some kind of incompatibility with this network services implementation version.

On the contrary, the Docker TailScale VPN service works very well on all CoreELEC and LibreELEC versions that I know of, including LibreELEC (Nexus) 11 for armv7 processors.

Looking at the ZeroTier service logs inside ‘portainer’ I don’t see anything and this service is permanently restarting.

Is there an expert here who can figure out what’s going on?

ZeroTier startup command here https://hub.docker.com/r/zerotier/zerotier:

docker run --name myzerotier --rm --cap-add NET_ADMIN --device /dev/net/tun zerotier/zerotier:latest <network_id>