AudioDelay

• Is this stored anywhere in the .nfo file? I can't find a reference to it in the on-line help. I'm asking because I'd hate to export the database, transfer file to a new disk, reload everything and loose the adjustments I've made to audiodelay.

LE 9.2.8
    Kodo 18.9
    MyVideos116

I've asked on the Kodi forum but no answer apart from jepsizofye translating my question to

On Kodi 18 I have been setting audio delay specific to different library items and I want to export all that information with my library so I can transfer it to another Kodi installation.

Is this possible?

If it isn't possible I can write code to manipulate the settings table but I'd prefer not to. I've had a good hunt round the web but haven't managed to find much apart from a very similar question asked a good few years back which also received no answer.

• As far as I know, audio delay is something that typically happens in low-performance devices (processor, memory, storage space, flash memory, ...), and/or use bluetooth audio, and/or incapable to decode video by hardware.

• So to answer your question..when you delay a movie individually that's saved in the MyVideos119.db (or whatever yours is named) database library...when you set it to be default for all media that will be saved in the guisettings as far as I know..

• I'm asking because I'd hate to export the database, transfer file to a new disk, reload everything and loose the adjustments.

As long as you aren't changing the 'sources' configuration (so paths remain the same) you can simply copy/move the latest DB files to the new install. There's no need to export and reimport the DB, and this preserves all settings saved to the DB.

• chewitt

Unfortunately, in my use case, I will be changing the paths. Looks like I'll have to write a bit of code. Fortunately shouldn't be to difficult.

Mario77

Its actually saved in settings but it doesn't look as though its exported to the .nfo files

elonesna

For me its just that some videos have audio/video sync problems and some don't. Altering AudioDelay for those that have problems fixes it (generally 125ms)

• Unfortunately, in my use case, I will be changing the paths. Looks like I'll have to write a bit of code. Fortunately shouldn't be to difficult.

If your issue is just with changing the main paths just use same db and edit your paths with DB Browser (SQLite) on a windows pc probably also available for linux..it's basically the Notepad++ for db's and you can edit all paths in seconds and you'r right none of the settings section are exported to .nfo

These are basically the settings entries that are not saved to nfo's:

Edited 4 times, last by Mario77 (March 9, 2023 at 3:55 PM).

• Mario77

That list is very useful, and it will probably save me time later.

I'll have a look at DB Browser. I currently use sqliteman if all I need is a simple bit of sql or a quick hand edit. When it gets complex (eg accessing a database in a different format or DOS files) I move over to Delphi and use ASGSQLite3 components to access the database