Posts by wkchick

I didn't find audio out of sync issue on my MeCOOL BB2 Pro (S912 3GB RAM) even with danxc's 1st 8.2 release. Will update with current release and test again.

With Leia build (wrxtasy) on the same box, audio out of sync issue happened from the very beginning of playback and getting worse and worse. Similar situation happened with Raybuntu's Leia build on Odroid-C2 (tested up to leia5) as well. 720p 8-bit HEVC contents are less susceptible to sync problem while 1080p 10-bit HEVC are the worse. It seems there is no hw acceleration for playback at all, or at least not sufficient.

All my video contents resided on NAS connecting via ethernet using either Samba or NFS protocol.

kszaq,

Test your build for Odroid-C2 and found LIRC (even I disabled and enabled it again) and CEC (report unknown instead of version number as before) both not working.

I couldn't find dtb for Odroid-C2 and keep the dtb file from Raybuntu's build on the SD card. Should I remove the dtb to make them work?

TVH may not be very user-friendly but MythTV is even much worse. If you can scan channel with the wizard, mapping the scanned channels is only one click away.

I had no experience with VDR, may be it doesn't support ATSC.

I own a Mini M8S II and Beelink MXIII II, both based on Amilogic S905X processor. However, I don't have a 4K HDR TV. I followed this thread and tested every johngalt's build on my 1080p TV. Today, I gave my Mini M8S II, with johngalt's testing7 on SD card, as well as several 4K HDR test files (including the one your mentioned) to a buddy who own a Samsung Series 8 UHD HDR TV. I will relay your post to him. Hopefully I could get a result from him this Friday.

I've been using Beelink Mini MXIII Ii for a while (a couple of months) and never had any problems with it. I used kszaq LibreELEC 7 in the past and switched to LibreELEC 8 since it was available. I used the device tree gxl_p212_2g (the box equipped with 2G RAM). temp_sensor_disabled build is not necessary at all. I used a 16GB mSD (class 10) and is still using it but 4GB size class 4 should still do the job, just more sluggish and not too many add-ons.

Ok, Gintama fails quite hard. My Nvidia 960 can play it in hardware mode, on the S905 one gets a slideshow with sound. Here is a link to test:
    Download File: [AnimeRG] Gintama - NCED_20 [720p] [x265] [pseudo].mkv - filecloud.io

Thanks for upload a short piece for testing. I can verify your findings with build 8.0.1l but playback has no problem with build 8.0.1l-mm. Therefore it's problem of the nougat kernel.

UPDATE: I also test the video on RPi2 and Odroid-C2. Playback on RPi2 (LibreELEC 8.0.1) failed as it did on S905 devices. However, playback was fine on Odroid-C2 with Raybuntu Krypton 12 build. Hope this additional information could help.

This is likely a stupid question but I don't know how to search just this thread.

I'm using a Beelink Mini MXIII II ... LibreELEC 8.0.1h is installed fine but under the LibreELEC/Bluetooth settings it says "bluetooth is disabled" and no other apparent toggles to turn it on. Never tried to use BT before on a AMLogic box with LibreELEC, is there a trick to this?

Go back to LibreELEC Settings -> Service, go to very bottom of the page. There you'll find 'Enable Bluetooth' setting.

Oh, yes. The plugin is not 100% at its peak and I also experienced some stutters especially on the audio side and had to restart the whole box to get it working again. So it's not a flawless netflix experience at this point.

Oh, here's the log when I try to get subtitles from a Series I've stored on the box:

Code
    19:41:57.769 T:3581256608   ERROR: Unable to create plugin service.subtitles.opensubtitles
    19:41:57.769 T:3581256608   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.opensubtitles/?action=search&languages=English&preferredlanguage=Unknown
    19:42:12.218 T:3589645216   ERROR: Unable to create plugin service.subtitles.subcentral
    19:42:12.218 T:3589645216   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.subcentral/?action=search&languages=English&preferredlanguage=Unknown

As far as I understood, Netflix embedded subtitles in their video stream. I believe it's either Kodi Video Player can't decode the subtitle information or the Netflix addon didn't handle it.

What we can do right now is wait.

Thanks. And netflix with widevine works perfectly. I thought it would be a lot of work to make it running, but you just have to follow the points on the german homepage (if anyone needs some assitance please contact me or open a new thread).

Just one thing not working for me: downloading subtitles (e.g. opensubtitles or subcenter) does not work, anyone else experiencing this?

I experienced the same issue, no subtitles that should be embedded in almost every content. However, this is not my major problem.

I don't understand German. I just followed the instruction provided by zbigbig20 (in Wetek Forum as pointed out by Raybuntu a few post back) and SSH a line of command and it worked! But I could never got HD quality without severe audio out of sync, stuttering. It kept buffering and then after a few times playback just halted. I did change the settings of VideoInputstream but did not work. Smooth playback is only possible with very low video quality (SD). I thought Netflix use some kind of VP9 that S905 couldn't handle but I was wrong, the videos are coded in H264 and I turned on hardware decoding for H264.

It should not be problem of network speed as my Odroid is connected thru ethernet and never experience the same playback issue with other devices (e.g. PC or tablet).

Yeah tvh was broken. I didn't use it that much.
    See if that can help LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile Play2 64bit kernel, 32bit libs - Page 49 - WeTek Community Forum
    I can't really give support for Netflix Addon or Widevine. Beware!! Using this Netflix Addon might be against Netflix "Terms of Service". Also not sure if one is allowed to copy widevine from Chrome.

Thanks for your head up. As zbigbig20 pointed out, TVHeadEnd backend now works even better than Krypton + TVH42. Setup of backend server is even easier. I admire you guys got 4K x265 TV broadcast in Germany, here in North America we're still using MPEG2 TS for FTA TV broadcast.

Release rb-krypton6 · Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

craggy: dvblink was updated too in the repo

GDPR-1, tested your agile11 build on my Odroid-C2, TVHeadEnd server now works, it didn't work with your previous agile builds (I was using your Kryption builds with USB ATSC TV tuner as TVHeadEnd backend). Thanks so much.

However, I can't get the NetFlix to work properly, I can browse through the NetFlix video listings under Netflix addon but playback is not possible. Perhaps I need to learn German to get and install the libwidevine to get it work. I already installed InputStream from your repository.

Hi

Sorry for the newbie Q, but what addon do I need to use to access the DVBT tuner config and scan channels? I did install TVendhead and PVR from the first page. One is just a service and the other is the PVR client. But where is the tuner config addon?

Thanks

You do not setup the TVHeadEnd server under LibreELEC. You set it up through a browser at IP address:9981. Please read the following:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270385&pid=2315547#pid2315547

I just finished upgrading to Krypton and all my DTS files now show Dolby Digital on my TV and AVR, on Jarvis it would show DTS instead. Also the number of channels has to be set to 2.0 for it to show Dolby Digital, if i set it to 5.1 (which is what I have) i only get PCM 2.0 audio.

Yes passthrough is enabled and so are the formats my AVR supports.

Sorry to say I have a different experience. Yes, 'Number of Channels' is always set to 2.0, this was it since Kodi running under Android and I didn't bother to change it.

I just pulled couple of disk drives and tested several videos with different audio format. For DTS, it shows DTS on my AVR; for DTS MA (or DTS HD), it shows DTS HD and for TrueHD, it shows DD (Dolby Digital) HD on my AVR. Therefore I believe there's no problem with audio passthrough.

BTW, I'm testing with M18 (S905, 2G/16G), Pioneer VSX-321 AVR using HDMI connection.

I was wondering if it's possible to somehow upgrade to Kodi 18 with this build? Or alternatively, if you could make a build with Kodi 18 already installed?
    It's just that I'd love to try the Estuary MOD V2 skin, but apparently it's Leia-only. For who knows what reason...

I tried Estuary MOD V2 skin on Odroid-C2 with Raybuntu's Leia build and love it. I think we should ask Estuary MOD developer to back port V2 skin to Krypton instead. kszaq seems too busy handling Jarvis and Krypton builds for S805, S905 devices.

I was running beta5 (no issues) - upgraded to 8.0.0a and lost use of the stock remote. My box is Mini M8S II (S905X). USB mouse/keybaord work fine.

I just updated to 8.0.0b and still no stock remote.

Any ideas?

I also own a Mini M8S II (S905X, 2G/8GB) and updated to 8.0.0b, and stock remote is working without problem. Of course, I always put the corresponding remote.conf in the root directory of my SD card. That's what I did for all of my TV boxes. Maybe you can try the same approach.