Cubox i4 Pro

• Vpeter, running into a bug with this build, when using my IR remote any time I click a button it is registering as 2 - 3 button presses. Doesn't happen if I use a a web based remote interface.

• Maybe it is the issue mentioned in release notes:

If you experience “double button presses” after updating the Lirc service can be disabled in the ‘Services’ tab of the LibreELEC settings add-on.

• vpeter you truly safed my ass. a big "Danke schön!" for this post as I was migrating from openELEC to libreElec wondering why the newest version of libreELEC did not work.

.. and again thanks for the 8.2 build ;):thumbup:

• vpeter yeah I took that already and it works like charm for the moment. though I hit the same issue with the IR posted in this thread, but I could fix it by adding a new option to the eventlircd.service ("--repeat-filter").

Actually one question pops up right now in my mind: How can I handle updates of LibreElece in the future with this specific build?

Again thanks!

• First of all, I just wanted to say thanks vpeter for your work in keeping this alive.

For many years, I have been compiling my own OE/LE for CuBox because I needed to include patches for some third-party drivers. I recently discovered those drivers have been mainlined, so I decided to give your build a try. It works perfectly!

One question, though: It turns out I still need to build LE anyway this time so I can run the create_addon script to re-compile a couple of addons (the libs in 8.2.x are too new from my old versions).

I know the imx6 project was removed from LE master a few months ago. I’ve tried to add the sub-directory back but I hit a bunch of different complication errors when I try to build either the latest master or 8.2.5 .

Can you share what you needed to do to create yourself a working imx6 build environment for the latest versions?

Thanks again!

• Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I also tried to build from the 8.2.5 tag and that seemed pretty broken too.

Obviously you’ve been able to build 8.2.5 in order to offer the image download. I am really impressed that you managed it. I and am wondering what patches and or build env changes you needed in order to make this work for you??

• With linux kernel 3.14 it was build fine

Code
    PROJECT=imx6 ARCH=arm LINUX_VERSION=3.14-sr make image

Didn't check with 4.4 but I would say it also works.

I would assume you have problems building le because of your host system (I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS).