[Test] SSV6051 drivers

• Recently I have obtained SSV6051 driver source code. Here are S805 and S905 test builds with SSV6051 WiFi drivers:

Index of /ssv6051/

For S905 you need to use 8.2 device tree if you're updating from 7.0.x or 8.0.x: Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/

The build is 8.1.6 + the driver (+ some other little improvements)

Calling people who requested the driver:

sonofdibnah  files32  Bruur  wizard5458  willyfan

Please confirm if the internal WiFi is working for you.

Driver is now integrated in 8.1.7 build and later.

• My day just gets better. I won at snooker this evening and came home to this.

I'm very happy to say that the internal wifi is back on the S805 box marked A85 that I have in one of my rooms. I tested it on a 720 stream from BBC Iplayer so the speed is up there with the other boxes I own.

Thank you so much Kszaq and I hope you enjoyed the coffees I sent you recently (johnstanleyuk).

• I'm very happy to hear this. I hope that it works for S905 as well.

Thank you for the continuous coffee support. :thumbup: I should really lower my caffeine intake!

• Thanks for this, I have a MXQ Pro 4k s905x and doesn´t work the wifi chip with current version.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how could I test this build? I try with untar that files in my pendrive with a fresh 8.1.6 installation but, libreelec show me a screen saying "Don´t touch boot.ini / commands.txt" (not exactly this but similar) and doesn´t boot.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for this! And I'm happy the source code has been released! Big win for open source!

I updated a MXQ Pro with a S905X and a SSV6051 WiFi chip. It was running on 8.0.2e on NAND. After updating it with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-20170830_SSV6051.tar the box didn't boot up again and was stuck on the MXQ Pro logo.

The update wasn't made for S905X?

Also, it would be nice if it would also work on the 7.x (Kodi 16) builds, which I consider te be more stable for daily use. But my priority is to have it working in general on the MXQ Pro.

• I updated a MXQ Pro with a S905X and a SSV6051 WiFi chip. It was running on 8.0.2e on NAND. After updating it with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-20170830_SSV6051.tar the box didn't boot up again and was stuck on the MXQ Pro logo.

Please read OP carefully - especially the part about device tree.

Also, it would be nice if it would also work on the 7.x (Kodi 16) builds, which I consider te be more stable for daily use. But my priority is to have it working in general on the MXQ Pro.

7.0 builds will not be updated.

• Please read OP carefully - especially the part about device tree.

7.0 builds will not be updated.

Doh! Thanks for pointing that out,! I misread it and understood using this devicetree only applied when migrating from a 7.x build. I'll try it later today and let you know! So, having a S905X is not an issue?

No problem about the 7.0 build. I had to ask ;)

• Hi Kszaq thanks for staying on this case.I've updated my box from latest build on community site to the build for ssv6015 wifi.I can confirm that i now get wifi connection but i get 2 options wlan and p2p not sure which to use.For your hard work i'm going to award you another coffee but please take your time with the coffee's don't want you getting to high on caffiene

Best Regards Wizard

• Hi Kszaq after updating my LE with the ssv6051 update I used p2p interface to connect to my network via a wifi repeater and managed to watch a full movie without any issues

Best Regards Pete

• Same here with my S905X MXQ Pro box! I see networks with p2p interfaces and wlan. I can connect to the p2p interfaces (probably repeaters) and it works!

Thank you Kszaq for making this WiFi chip work!