How to enable 10bit on s912 kszaq 8.1.3?

• Hi would somebody please be able to tell me how to enable the 10bit output as described here:..

10bit output on capable hardware:

• On a new boot before any other playback has been performed, run the following: echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
    • This only needs to be set once each boot, so it can be put in /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    • This shouldn't affect any 8 bit output either and can be set unconditionally (as above).
    • Testing has been very limited thus far.

my device is mecool m8s pro s912

Thanks in advance!

• I know I need to use ssh.. I've downloaded putty and I can connect to my s912 device using the ip address and username :root password: openelec but I do not know how I run the command and put it in the autorun folder?

• Code
    echo "echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" >/storage/.config/autostart.sh

Run this command only once or command will be called multiple times (no harm probably).

Check file content with

Code
    cat /storage/.config/autostart.sh
  • just rebooted my box after running the command and now it shows the loading screen then when it would normally load kodi i just get a black screen? the tv is definitely 10bit compatible its a panasonic 65dx902b.

• BTW:

with my S905X-box I do not need to execute the 'cat 444,10bit'-command.

HDR-content is displayed correctly on my TV.

The problem with a black screen can also be caused by a AVR between your box and the TV.

Try to connect your box to the TV-HDMI post directly.

• If somebody could help me out with this I'd really appreciate it :)... I did the command over ssh and now when it boots I get the librellec logo then when kodi would normally start I get a black screen. I have purchased a new hdmi 2.1 cable and connected directly to the tv but it's still the same.. is there any way I can make this box work with 10bit or how can I set it back to normal so I can atleast get my picture back

Thanks

• thankyou! ive got it working again now! do you know why i would get a black screen when i set it to 10bit? is a mecool m8s pro s912 device connected to panasonic dx902b

• For that you'll have to provide the Kodi crashlog.

This would assume that you revert back the setting, which crashes Kodi initially, wait for the black screen and then get the latest

"kodi.log" or "kodi_crash.log" from the following folder:

Code
    # ls -lAh /storage/.kodi/temp

Most probably there is an incompatibility between Kodi screen settings and your TV HDMI settings.

Here's a list of DX900 screen resolution capabilities:

So,

you might need to tweak the TV HDMI input settings as well, to match the signal parameters, which the media box is providing it (UHD, YUV 4:4:4 and etc)...